weezl and friends Phase 4 - recipe testing christmas treats!

Options

Comments

• aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    just wanted to say sorry for not being around much lately...:( I feel bad for not prioritising CFR into my downtime.
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • shanks77
    shanks77 Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    just wanted to say sorry for not being around much lately...:( I feel bad for not prioritising CFR into my downtime.

Hey dont worry too much think we are all in the same boat just now. We have the snow back with us today and according to reports it is here to stay:( so not looking forward to the journey to and from work but never mind. Hope everyone is well xx
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    as a fair few have said, apologies for not posting more here of late, Christmas does take a fair old whack of time energy and organisation eh?

A few motivating updates for those of you still following the CFR journey...

We are delighted to have 19,000 unique users :):):)

We have also been really priviledged to be offered some vouchers to use as prizes in a CFR recipe competition. This is not dwn to companies, thus far but to very generous individuals :)

My plan currently is to have a couple of categories of type of meal, some nutritional parameters and a cost maximum :)

I have been doing a bit more work on the nutrition boxes for the christmas planner, so hope to launch those very soon. Many thanks to Lesley, Sami et al for help with that :beer:

In other news, Fergie's speech is going from strength to strength and Kessie has this week got mobile.

Love to you all, and I shall try much harder to keep up on here as well as with the website in the new year.

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    and another thought on not taking frugalisation too far :o

Even though bread flour is cheaper than SR flour now, it does not make a good muffin :(

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »

Even though bread flour is cheaper than SR flour now, it does not make a good muffin :(

oops! :)

I'm sure Aunt Bessie uses bread flour for 'her' yorkies though, it was on Jimmy's Food Factory.
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • aless02
    aless02 Posts: 5,119 Forumite
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »

Interesting. Wonder if you could do 50/50?
    top 2013 wins: iPad, £50 dental care, £50 sportswear, £50 Nectar GC, £300 B&Q GC; jewellery, Bumbo, 12xPringles, 2xDiesel EDT, £25 Morrisons, £50 Loch Fyne

would like to win a holiday, please!!
    :xmassmile Mummy to Finn - 12/09; Micah - 08/12! :j
  • shaz_mum_of__2
    Options
    bread flour good too for batter , a chip shop iused to work in used it and they had lovely crispy batter...yum

Been a bit poorly had the dreaded NOrvirus hopefully ok now but off food prep duties until thursday! Luckily Christmas dinner is at Mums this year:) we are having weezls pate for our starter ...with added brandy

Looking forward to testing out more recipes in the new year :) might try a steamed pud on thursday i have loads of those individual foil trays as i was supposed to be making the xmas puds but had to buy one insted due to the lurgy
    Shaz
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    Just made the marmalade cake, it's currently cooling, then DD will put the topping on - she loves icing and decorating cakes.

I used Aldi's Blood Orange Marmalade.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• poohbear59
    poohbear59 Posts: 4,866 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    :wave:Hello weezl, MDW, shaz, aless, sammi, pinkhayley, lesley and everyone else:xmassign:

I haven't been around on here as everything is taking ten times longer because of the snow/ice. I hope you all have a great Christmas.
    business mortgage £0))''(+ Barclay's business kitchen loan £0=Total paid off was £96105 PPI claimed and received £13527
    'I had a black dog, his name was depression".
  • Apricot
    Apricot Posts: 2,497 Forumite
    Options
    I have been slacking a bit recently too! Just can't be bothered to cook at the moment but am slowly getting back into the swing of things. Made a gorgeous veggie curry tonight using anything I could get my hands on (finally got rid of the mustard leaves!) - really need to clear some room for yummy christmas treats! Im not so hot with the rice cooking though - it's just never quite right!

Once xmas is out of the way I will be throwing myself into meal planning and using CFR as a basis for my shopping list - I only say as a basis because sometimes you can't beat "boring" food like jacket potato with beans, we don't necessarily have a huge meal every night. Im thinking if I can sort it out so that shopping only comes to £20 per week - which should be perfectly doable as OH has breakfast and lunch provided for him Mon-Fri, I then have room for one takeaway per fortnight (4 dishes for £10 from my local chinese on Sundays & Mondays).
    :happylove DD July 2011:happylove

Aug 13 [STRIKE]£4235.19[/STRIKE]:eek: £2550.00 :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family