Earn 20,000 air miles with credit card enough for a free flight to USA,

Options

Comments

• magic105
    Options
    CITI bank are a complete shower and I have been waiting 3 weeks now and I have called them 4 times now, they give me a story each time, I detest the bank and I am now reporting the matter to the financial ombudsman, I am told a different story each time.

...should have went with the BMI card
  • trets77
    trets77 Posts: 2,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Arrived home this morning to be greeted with a letter saying that 20, 000 miles were now credited to my diamond club account. checked my account online and a juicy balance of 40,000 + is now mine . i had rang up MBNA before i left for Canada and they said you needed to spend £250 in 90 days to qualify but i haven,t spent that much so who cares :rolleyes:

as for Triniguys question all you can do is try but i guess it should work

thanks to all who alerted me to this :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T will keep you posted on how my spending goes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
    Better in my pocket than theirs :rotfl:
  • blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Does anyone know if the 20000 points offer (The BMI one) applies per Account

or can i apply for the BMI Classic mastercard offer with just one account but with an additional card holder (my wife) and get the points on both cards?

It should ony apply to the principal cardholders account.

However MBNA CS are not that clever and mistakes are made but don't count on it.

If you want you wife to get the 20K miles then she should apply for her own card.
  • blindman
    Options
    trets77 wrote:
    :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Arrived home this morning to be greeted with a letter saying that 20, 000 miles were now credited to my diamond club account. checked my account online and a juicy balance of 40,000 + is now mine . i had rang up MBNA before i left for Canada and they said you needed to spend £250 in 90 days to qualify but i haven,t spent that much so who cares :rolleyes:

as for Triniguys question all you can do is try but i guess it should work

thanks to all who alerted me to this :T :T :T :T :T :T :T :T will keep you posted on how my spending goes

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So now what you do is CANCEL the card.

DO NOT apply for any other MBNA cards
    Wait about 2 months and then reapply.
    Spend 1p on the 'new' card.

Repeat.
  • I've just found this on the UK American Airlines site:

http://americanairlines.co.uk/content/uk/specialOffers/creditcard.jhtml
    As a Citi® / AAdvantage® Visa Gold card cardmember you can take advantage of our reduced mileage award to Canada, the United States, Mexico and the Caribbean for 30,000 miles between 15 January and 31 March 2007 - that's a 25% discount.

Remember, you will only be able to take advantage of this special award and save 10,000 miles on each award ticket by getting the card. Once you have your card, call AAdvantage at 020 7365 0777 or outside London at 0845 7567 567 and mention award code CBG30.

Note that it now states /30000/ miles, not /20000/.

Has anyone successfully used this (£1000 spend gets you a free US/NA flight) offer yet? Seems the goal posts are shifting.

Also, if anyone has the award code (ie CBG30 in the above text) for when the offer was at 20000 miles, can they please post it... Ta!

On a side note, I got the acceptance letter dated 16th November, and activated my card today. I asked the advisor on the phone whether or not I still qualified for the 15000 miles for £1000 bonus, and he stated 'yes'. I can't find detail of it anywhere in my small print though - is that expected?
  • WesternExpress
    Options
    Sent in my application to them before 15 Nov but have heard nothing at all. Is this unusual?
  • blindman
    Options
    Sent in my application to them before 15 Nov but have heard nothing at all. Is this unusual?
    It takes a couple of weeks at times to get a reply.

Ring 0800 783 7788 and select option 5 to hopefully speak to a real person to find out where the process is.
  • blindman
    Options
    I've just found this on the UK American Airlines site:

http://americanairlines.co.uk/content/uk/specialOffers/creditcard.jhtml

Note that it now states /30000/ miles, not /20000/.

Has anyone successfully used this (£1000 spend gets you a free US/NA flight) offer yet? Seems the goal posts are shifting.

Also, if anyone has the award code (ie CBG30 in the above text) for when the offer was at 20000 miles, can they please post it... Ta!

On a side note, I got the acceptance letter dated 16th November, and activated my card today. I asked the advisor on the phone whether or not I still qualified for the 15000 miles for £1000 bonus, and he stated 'yes'. I can't find detail of it anywhere in my small print though - is that expected?

That's a 'new' offer and is not the original one that was posted at the start of this thread.

The only place I found the details of the extra 15000 miles offer was on the web-pages of Citibank, both of which I printed and have to hand;)

My (and my wifes) next statement will show that we've both exceded the £1K so we'll wait to see what happens with the AA miles :cool:

I don't intend to use the 20K miles offer to get to the Carribean, however reading the small print it says

" The 20,000 reduced mileage award to N America, Mexico and the Carribean...............that apply and activate the card between 12 September 2006 and 15 November 2006:eek:

So I wouldn't count your chickens just yet.:confused:
  • blindman
    Options
    blindman wrote:
    So now what you do is CANCEL the card.

DO NOT apply for any other MBNA cards
    Wait about 2 months and then reapply.
    Spend 1p on the 'new' card.

Repeat.

I have just received my 4th card.

I applied over the 'phone-0800 776 262 as I'd been rejected in September and I wanted to know if I could apply again -took about 1hr:eek:

BUT
    got the PIN and card in less than a week which is not bad to say it's the Xmas post.
  • greenoak
    greenoak Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    Well I finally got my card on Nov27th.

Not sure how I spend £1000 before Dec 31st

Open to ideas

My usual supermarket petrol etc will be about £500

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories