We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Spending Review: benefits cut in welfare axe

Options

Comments

• justmel
    justmel Posts: 264 Forumite
    Options
    flight747 wrote: »
    I live on my own with my son.

As long as you are not in a care home and you still qualify for DLA nothing should change.

I get DLA,my husband is my carer and gets carers allowance and cares for me day and night every day and night.

I became dependent upon his care after i had my youngest child,i never expected to be in this position when i had a large family but i am a bit confused because they say that if you have a family member on DLA you are exempt from the benefits cap but that carers allowance will be counted.

By 2013 based on my husband getting carers allowance i don't know if we will be affected by the cap or not.
  • Cranny44
    Cranny44 Posts: 607 Forumite
    Options
    elsien wrote: »
    Does it say when the removal of DLA mobility from people in care homes is from - it's going to really hit the people I work with as they have learning disabilities and can't travel independently and the home does not provide transport.

Same here we use this to get them extra pocket money while in residential care so they can join in more etc as the Gov set pocket money of £22.30 goes nowhere
    Updating .................................................
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I am on IB and will transfer to ESA next year. I quailifed under the Youth Rules and have no idea whether ESA youth is classed as contributions or income based :(
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    :rotfl: we seem to be back to normal.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    KxMx wrote: »
    I am on IB and will transfer to ESA next year. I quailifed under the Youth Rules and have no idea whether ESA youth is classed as contributions or income based :(

It is classed as contribution based.
  • lavidaloca
    Options
    What does it mean about the contributions ESA being on a time limit. Where do they send us after that?

Does anyone know if you can apply to be moved from WRC to Support Group please?
  • healy
    healy Posts: 5,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    lavidaloca wrote: »
    What does it mean about the contributions ESA being on a time limit. Where do they send us after that?

Does anyone know if you can apply to be moved from WRC to Support Group please?

You would have to apply for JSA.
  • DX2
    DX2 Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    EMA scrapped also.
    *SIGH*
    :D
  • NASA_2
    NASA_2 Posts: 5,571 Forumite
    Options
    I was under the impression that ESA(C) would simply run out after the year and from thereon be credits only - no requirement to claim JSA.
  • TRYINGTOSWIM
    Options
    managed to listen to most of the anticipated and dreaded spending review, as my phone rang I thought I heard him mention EMA, might have misheard maybe.. anyone have any idea if there are any planned changes to this please.
    sealed pot challenge member 1063..pot emptied to go toward credit card.new pot started 27/3.;)

march grocery spend £480:eek:
    April budget £310..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family