MSE Parents Club Part 15

Options

Comments

• got-it-spend-it
    Options
    Hugs Mel, I hope you all feel better soon.

Krystal- we love you for being our resident breastfeeding guru. Your advice rocks!

I'm currently making Weezl's very nommy parsnip soup, so I can enjoy a big bowl of it when I get back from giving blood. Fingers crossed it's not cancelled as everything else has been today.
    :DYummy mummy, runner, baker and procrastinator :p
  • Evansangel
    Evansangel Posts: 6,791 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    weezl74 wrote: »
    EA how did it go at the consultant meet?

Its not until the 28th Feb :o

We had Lilys follow up hearing test today and she has perfect hearing :D

She was playing with a young girl in the waiting room, and its so amazing watching how grown up and sociable she is now.

We have booked a gender scan, its next Thursday :D
  • kitkat5566
    kitkat5566 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    Options
    Awww *hugs* Mel, sorry our internet was down all day yest and I havent had much luck reading back.

Hope your LO's get better soon, and take it easy yourself

xx
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    I'm in the process of experimenting with the filling for the stuffed tortillas, I'm seeing it it makes a good sauce to go with spaghetti. DH and Katie has have made some garlic dough balls and garlic butter as an accompaniment.

KK - how are you and T?

EA - fab news about Lilys hearing, Katie has selective hearing.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    redmel1621 wrote: »
    Hi

Hope everyone had a good time at the meet today.

Not stopping, too tired and need to try and get some dinner sorted for everyone (here we go!!!) I came on yesterday looking for sympathy but got none:( Anyway, babies are still poorly resulting in another bad night last night:(

Hope everyone else is well and not coming down with colds/flu etc

TTFN xx

hugs xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • kitkat5566
    kitkat5566 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    Options
    I'm in the process of experimenting with the filling for the stuffed tortillas, I'm seeing it it makes a good sauce to go with spaghetti. DH and Katie has have made some garlic dough balls and garlic butter as an accompaniment.

KK - how are you and T?

EA - fab news about Lilys hearing, Katie has selective hearing.

Aw thanks for asking MDW :) we are good thanks, T is currently trying to eat his butterfly! Hoping my sis is coming over later could do with someone to chat to! Was kinda hoping my mum wud be over earlier so she cud take T while I got on with things but she cudnt. How are things with you? x

I really wish ITV would stop playing that advert 'thats why mums go to iceland' keep finding myself singing it (not that I leave the TV on for company or anthing ;))
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    There fine, Katie is tired after her dance class and no afternoon nap, so it tea, shower and bed for her.

The TV is good company, you can shout at it and it doesn't shout back :) I'm currently enjoying the Bedtime Hour on CBeebies, whilst Katie helps Daddy with pudding.

My mum is coming over in the morning to help me go through all Katie's clothes, all the ones that are too small will be getting bagged up for the charity shop.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• weezl74
    weezl74 Posts: 8,701 Forumite
    Options
    Evansangel wrote: »
    Its not until the 28th Feb :o
    oh I'm sorry I had my wires crossed!

:hello:Jonathan 'Fergie' Fergus William, born 05/03/09, 7lb 4.4oz:hello:
    :)Benjamin 'Kezzie' Kester Jacob, born 18/03/10, 7lb 5oz:)
    cash neutral gifts 2011, value of purchased gifts/actual paid/amount earnt to cover it £67/£3.60/£0
    january grocery challenge, feed 4 of us for £40
  • BrunoM
    BrunoM Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi all
    Not read back but I see people sending hugs to Mel so I am guessing her poor littlers are no better? Status update plx Mel or I will read back when I have made supper....
    weezl74 wrote: »
    I see you Bruno! how are you doing? Is DW ok?

Hi Weezl :) I didn't ignore you, just chose to go into the office around the time you posted and been all hectic since then.

I think we all 3 of us have a low-key cold/throat infection, but it's hitting OH a bit harder in her fragile state... we're ok otherwise! Keep seeing more small aspects of "house not sorted yet"ness but getting slowly there. Elijah waking up 2-6 times a night again at the mo :(:( which I am hoping is temp due to back teeth and/or cold but I am not sure as it's not too clear. I am v tired, OH is v tired :p

Weezl, I do not like to hear that you are all worn out and anxious :( you must take better care of yourself and remember how incredibly awesome you are and how many people who have never even met you physically are constantly basking in the reflected glory of just knowing you a tiny little virtual bit. Being a mum is not easy but you are doing a good job so you can afford to take a tiny bit of slack for yourself maybe, too.

Hope builder's meet went well! Expecting pics and anecdotes!
  • BrunoM
    BrunoM Posts: 1,722 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gah and now I see I cross-posted with quotes of miserable Mel :( so hugs in the direction of Mel but I still want a status update on K and T :/
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure