🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EH is Back - and going Onwards, and Upwards!

Options

Comments

• EssexHebridean
    Options
    Well will you look at that - two pages already?! Welcome aboard Penelopedee and Chev :beer: Bob - hope things are better for your DD now?
    pania wrote: »
    good luck eh!!! will offer support where i can! from a fellow scotland/hebrides lover!! :D

Ahh - the Hebrides. Nowhere quite like it IMO! There are some Hebridean pics plus a blogged account of our last couple of trips on my blog, which happens to be set as my homepage on here if you fancy a look....! North Uist is our usual hang-out, although we've visited right through from Vatersay to the top end of Lewis over time. *drifts off into a daydream*....
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i would really like to go up to the hebrides but probably won't be able to any time we come back now, as there is too much family to see :(
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hi all! Quite a busy day today.

Clicks this morning - current aim is to get at least £1 a day on TCB for as long as I can. Looks like HSW isn't tracking on Quidco today which was a little annoying. Two clickthru's on Pigsback, 10pp each. Also managed to get an iPod Touch and an iPod Nano listed on on eBay - spent the extra 6p on each to schedule them to finish "peak time" this evening. If both sell at the starting prices that will be £90 less fees - hopefully more.

The £10 has taken a hammering! :D Mum had some sausages in her freezer for us that she's picked up on the reduced in Tesco - 9 of them in total which I owed her £1 for, then following on from Missymoo mentioning on another thread that Tesco have hiked the price of their bread flour through the roof (50p a bag up to £1.29!) I popped to Asda earlier on to stock up as theirs is still at 50p. Spent £3.30, but for that I got:
    6 x bags bread flour
    2 x packs of 3 posh ciabatta style rolls
    2 x packs of 2 oat & honey deli sub style rolls
    1 x pack of 5 New York bagels
    1 x chive plant!
    That little lot now leaves the grocery spend for the month at £35.55 - or £2.53 per day. Reasonable enough, especially considering that I shouldn't now need to buy anything more food-wise until Probably Monday, when I will most likely do the "main" shop, plus the flour will last ages, and the bargainous rolls will save us needing to use flour to make rolls for lunches for a while too!
    So the £10 is now £3.70 :o

Went over to Mums this afternoon - we went to Morrisons for a wander round and a bit of price comparison, and I spotted a few bits that will be better value in Morrisons than in Tescos when I need them. Also had a good chat about the Avon possibilities, and I now have an email address for the local Area Sales Manager, so emailing her is a job for the morning. I'm still using mindmaps to plot out ideas and thoughts both on that, and the business idea I've had, and they are still working for me, although ideally I need a bigger notebook to use for it.

Right - off for a last browse around the diaries before heading bedwards I think.

Jobs for tomorrow:
    Email Avon ASM
    Check banking
    Make flour tortillas for tea tomorrow night
    Make raspberry muffins to take to my Aunties tomorrow afternoon
    Clicks
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    I think everywhere is cheaper than tescos nowadays..I can even get some stuff in my corner shop for less than tesco charges.

you are doing well as ever getting organised
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Awww - thanks Taxi! I think you may be right about the way Tesco is heading too - I did wonder if the flour thing was down to some kind of error but it is still showing at the £1.29 price this morning. I may have to start taking cash from the Clubcard plus account to shop elsewhere.

So far this morning:

Showered and hair washed.
    All clicks done
    Bathroom given a quick clean
    Stragglers into the dishwasher.
    Kitchen sink has been anti-bac cleaner sprayed and will get a clean in a moment.

Must remember to set myself a reminder to order up Tesco days out vouchers as close to December 6th as I dare in order to get the 4 x value from the CC vouchers. We have £40 of the days out vouchers here already but I intend to use £30 of those to visit the IWM Duxford in a few weeks.

Right, Next tasks:

email to Avon ASM
    Check Banking
    Order some christmas cards with the credit I just found on Moonpig! :D
    she/her
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Constructive day! :j

Did the email, banking and cards earlier on. Got 3 cards for a cash spend of 87p - and that leaves me with a zero balance on Moonpig so I won't be buying there again! Also did a phone call which I had to make but wasn't looking forward to (about my resignation) but the lady I had to call wasn't there, so I left a message then backed up wth an email, so that was pretty painless! Made Raspberry & apple muffins :D

Went to my Aunt's this afternoon and sorted out her computer for her. Also took 4 of the muffins over - me, my aunt and Mum had one each this afternoon with a cuppa...left the fourth one behind but I don't think it's in any danger of going to waste! ;) Got home and remembered we needed a small tub of soured cream to go with dinner so texted OH to stop on his way back....hurrah, NSD for me! :D Had my first attempt at making flour tortillas to make fajitas for dinner - came out well and really economical too. Will be saving that recipe for future use I think.

Having a lazy night tonight in front of a film. Must persuade OH that he wants to sort his rugby kit out tonight though, it does save a last minute panic tomorrow morning!
    she/her
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Well done on the cards-) I have a stash of flour in, but may just have a wee treck to Asda to stock up. Glad the phone call was painless in the end. I remember leaving a job under weird circumstances and i went in and stood up to them- felt awful for a few days but then it passed. I had a nice lump sum as a pay off as well- very quickly, so gave me three months to look for another job. I had one the week after :)
    Was the start of my savings pot which grew to a very nice amount, then the bank snatched it when Mr.B wound his business account and card up. He had to take money out of the joint account didn't have enough and as my name was on it..well that is how it happened. But it was nice for a while. Not that this will happen to you though :D:D You are married to a nice Rugby Player and not Mr.B!
    Right i am off before i do my usual of digging a big hole..lol.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Awww Bob...the trials and tribulations of having a "Mr B" eh. Glad to hear your DD is on the mend by the way
    she/her
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Yes, sorry for posting that- don't know what came over me..lol. I was trying to lift your spirits :(

DD is on the mend and has managed breakfast this morning :)
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Hey, don't be daft! You need to blow off some steam, feel free to go right ahead! xx

Excellent news on DD too! :j:j
    she/her
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts