🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

EH is Back - and going Onwards, and Upwards!

Options

Comments

• chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ta SE - actually a lot of the ideas they use on there are Mum's - she posts here as Elibee! You're right on that thread though - it's fantastically useful!

Gilligansyle & Hypno - thanks for the kind words - I am certainly looking forward to the challenge. That's the thing about MG's thread - makes you feel you can take on the world, and win!

I think it is time to head on over to there again ( MG'S thread). I started to feel I wasn't contributing enough, and felt a bit uncomfortable about continueing to read. However I need the positivity and so will go back to it, thanks EH for the kick up the bum

Sorry to hear about the job. don't let them get away with stuff though, i guess that is what the legal reasons are. Good luck with bringing them to book.

And good luck with the avon excercise routine:D
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,482 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all!!

Chev - good to see you. Yes, you should definately get back to MG's thread - the energy flowing there is incredible!

Well, the plan for today will be:

1) Money Creation : So - Pigsback clicks were the first on the list.....and on getting into the site, I discover that I won the trivia quiz *coughs* over a week ago and hadn't noticed so that gives me enough points for a £20 M&S voucher! :j That's now ordered - I can either stick it aside to contribute to christmas shopping, or use it for food purchases where M&S prices aren't at to much of a premium. I also have Quidco clicks to do still.
    2) Cost cutting : I'm going to focus on toiletries this morning - I am already a member of the "no buying..." thread over on the H&B board, and thinjk it is time that I re-did my list, specifically with a view that the Boots christmas shopping evenings are on their way, and I may as well stock up on anything essential and vital to the tune of the £50 spend, and get the bonus advantage points which are on offer.
    3) Exercise : Later on I will walk into town to the post office - we brought 100 Polish Zlotys back with us from our weekend away and I may as well go and change them up for the £20 or so value they represent. The walk into town and back is about 4 miles so my pedometer tells me!

Other stuff will pop up as well I'm sure - I want to do some planning on the business idea I have - for planning read "mind mapping" - thanks MG! Also at some stage need to do some research on what advice etc is available from the Benefits office (or do they call it Job Centre plus these days? It's years since I've needed to think about these things - help! I'm all out of touch! :eek:) I would say perhaps I should start a list, but perhaps the mind maps will work for this instead?

One small personal challenge I've "kinda" set myself - I started the week with £10 in my purse, and am keen to see how long I can stretch it. 84p of it was spent on bargainous yogurts in Mr S yesterday (Yeo Valley delicious organic ones - on a BOGOF at £1.69 per pack, but I had 2 x 40p coupons from previous purchases so knocked 80p off the price to pay with these!) I will be looking to use it as and when I make small purchases of foodstuffs etc, and for anything "personal" that is required, so we will see!
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back.I was wondering where you'd got to.Sorry to hear about the job but am sure you'll make the s/e stuff work.
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Taxi - good to have you stopping by! xx

As my mate Stripes would have it, a "peedie" update....:D

1) Money Creation : So - Pigsback clicks were the first on the list.....and on getting into the site, I discover that I won the trivia quiz *coughs* over a week ago and hadn't noticed so that gives me enough points for a £20 M&S voucher! :j That's now ordered - I can either stick it aside to contribute to christmas shopping, or use it for food purchases where M&S prices aren't at to much of a premium. I also have Quidco clicks to do still. Quidco clicks done, although HSW ones don't look to be registering yet. Have also redicovered TopCashBack and done some clicks there today too.
    2) Cost cutting : I'm going to focus on toiletries this morning - I am already a member of the "no buying..." thread over on the H&B board, and thinjk it is time that I re-did my list, specifically with a view that the Boots christmas shopping evenings are on their way, and I may as well stock up on anything essential and vital to the tune of the £50 spend, and get the bonus advantage points which are on offer. OK - toiletries audit. I am OK for most of the stuff I will need for the forseeable. I will need some foundation at some stage, but can stretch the one I am currently using for a fair while yet. It's separated in the tube so is a devil to apply, but so far I'm still making it work. Shampoo and conditioner, plus other hair products are absolutely not a problem - I worked that Tesco glitch earlier in the year to my advantage! Shower gel, likewise - I have two huge bottles of an Avon one that is now discontinued, plus 2 x Body Shop (bought with Telegraph vouchers) and a smaller Avon one in the stash. Facial wash - two full ones (one of which is a Clinique one, oh joy! Love their products!) plus a mini. I am also OK for moisturiser and eye cream thanks to Mum giving me some stuff she'd won last week! :D I think for the shopping evening I shall concentrate on "womens things" as OH calls, them, eye makeup remover, and cotton wool - all of which I should be able to work out the space to store as well. It's reassuring to have the "stash" at this point - funny that as I've been swearing about it since January!
    3) Exercise : Later on I will walk into town to the post office - we brought 100 Polish Zlotys back with us from our weekend away and I may as well go and change them up for the £20 or so value they represent. The walk into town and back is about 4 miles so my pedometer tells me! S, into town and back, plus some plodding around while I was there, amounted to very nearly 8km - you will notice I referred to the distance I was going to walk earlier on in miles (small figure) but the distance I actually went in KM (larger figure) - psychology is great sometimes eh?! :rotfl: Got £19.61 back on the Zlotys, and the chap in the PO remembered me from when I went to get my currency for the Polish trip LAST year which was quite surprising! I have put £1 in the savings pig for the Good Food Show, the odd change in the savings pig for our holiday, and have split the remainder to give us £9 back each.

The £10 is now £8 - we always put any loose change (50p and below) aside for the holiday savings pig, plus I used £1 of it earlier on as "change" from the £10 note from changing up the Polish sheckels. However, I did resist the temptation of some coloured pens in Poundland earlier (Evil brain "but they'd be sooo good for mind mapping!" Good brain "Shurrup!") so today will be a NSD.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    she/her
  • Swinstie73
    Swinstie73 Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    Options
    Hey Essex, great to see you back! Posted on your last thread but no more posts so gave up! Sorry to hear about the job, but you sound positive about the future anyway. Been reading MG's last thread, still trying to take it in, by the time I get to the end there will be 10 more!
  • EssexHebridean
    Options
    Swinstie - I'm reading my way through the MD&M thread too - fantastically inspiring reading, and is pretty much single handedly responsible for me feeling as "up" and positive as I do about everything at the moment! I've still got a few pages to go there, but am up to date with the current one.

I have just done a load of photos for listing things on eBay, so that will be tomorrows challenge. The iPod Touch I have to sell is currently charging, and doing a full reset at the same time, the little pink iPod Nano will be sold "as is" so someone will get the benefit of my eclectic taste in music there!

On the frugal food menu tonight will be roasted veg with pasta & pesto - just need to raid the fridge for the veggies!
    she/her
  • boredofbeingathome
    Options
    Lovely to see you back on the boards EH- not the circumstance though. I look forward to seeing how your plans will work ( because they will )and i agree about positivity and energy.
    Blackadder: Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?
    Still lurking around with a hope of some salvation:cool:
  • penelopedee_2
    Options
    Hi EH, really sorry to hear about the job x

Looks like you've got your plan of action underway :)
    This time I haven't smoked since 6th Jan 2014 and still going ok.
    Fingers crossed x
  • pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    good luck eh!!! will offer support where i can! from a fellow scotland/hebrides lover!! :D
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • chevalier
    chevalier Posts: 7,937 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    EH good progress on your goals. Hope that you continue to be motivated to move forward. Well done on resisting the devil pencils.

panis :wave: still no dvd sadly
    chev
    I want a job that is less than an hour driving away from my house! Are you listening universe?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport