🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Npower £70m giveaway - claim your share Monday 11/10/2010

Options

Comments

• meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 1:20PM
    Options
    meeps wrote: »
    I got a grand total of £7!! will stay in the post office and turn it into stamps lol

The problem is that npower haven't made it very clear how they are calculating the refunds except that they are using the date of joining. The overcharging took place between 1st March 2007 and 28th February 2008 but if your anniversary date is, for example September, you will be losing out by this method. If you still have your old bills it might be worth checking.

There is more information on the second part of post #55 here
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=37782144#post37782144

Or maybe the npower representative could help with this on her next visit ?
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    I don't care how they worked it out, it was 3 years ago, but i'll be getting over £25 back :D yay

No sure if anyone answered, but i am exsisting customer with them and moved and i still had to give the new address for it to be sent to
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Options
    jetty wrote: »
    I don't care how they worked it out, it was 3 years ago, but i'll be getting over £25 back :D yay

You could check your bills though, maybe you were actually overcharged more than £25 :eek:
  • jetty
    jetty Posts: 3,011 Forumite
    Options
    meggsy wrote: »
    You could check your bills though, maybe you were actually overcharged more than £25 :eek:

I don't know where any is :eek: lol! I'm not the most organized person :o
    Man who run into airport turn-styles is going to Bangkok

To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism; to steal from many is research ;)
  • jayneben
    jayneben Posts: 50 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya all
    I'm still an npower customer do u think I should ting the helpline 2 c if they owe me anything or will they automatically look in2 it for me ??Been with npower since 2000 & never moved house so no change of address ??
  • alibob978
    Options
    I got a letter from them on Saturday they are refunding me £21. Not a lot but it will go towards my Take That ticket. I was with them in 2007 but not anymore
  • cdodd
    cdodd Posts: 638 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 6:43PM
    Options
    jayneben wrote: »
    Hiya all
    I'm still an npower customer do u think I should ting the helpline 2 c if they owe me anything or will they automatically look in2 it for me ??Been with npower since 2000 & never moved house so no change of address ??

I am in the same position and didn't know whether to contact them so filled in the online form posted above I got an email back today saying I was entitled to a refund, didn't say how much for and that I would get a form to take to the PO withing 8 weeks.

Online form link here

http://www.npower.com/web/PaymentstoGasCustomers/index.htm
  • BettiePage
    BettiePage Posts: 4,627 Forumite
    Options
    We got a letter today with a £66 refund. Been with them around 9-10 years at this address.
    Illegitimi non carborundum.
  • skiTTish
    skiTTish Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Options
    I contacted them today (been with them for around 6 yrs ) to be told we wont be receiving a refund as we were not affected ,how do we know this to be true or do we just have to take their word for it ?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport