🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Npower £70m giveaway - claim your share Monday 11/10/2010

Options

Comments

• marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just gave them a call and the really helpful 'Paul' told me I was getting a £45 refund. He said all the refunds would be complete before December. :j
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    marbella wrote: »
    Just gave them a call and the really helpful 'Paul' told me I was getting a £45 refund. He said all the refunds would be complete before December. :j

Did Paul explain how they had reached this figure?

What date did you join npower and what date did you leave (if you have left)

What period did they choose to calculate the overpayment.

What date did they choose to select the applicable prices.

Did they tell you the amount of units you had been overcharged.

Have you been able to check that this amount is correct.
  • marbella
    Options
    Did Paul explain how they had reached this figure?

What date did you join npower and what date did you leave (if you have left)

What period did they choose to calculate the overpayment.

What date did they choose to select the applicable prices.

Did they tell you the amount of units you had been overcharged.

Have you been able to check that this amount is correct.

1. No
    2. Been with NPower for 7 years
    3. Don't know
    4. Don't know
    5. No
    6. No

How would I know to ask any of these question and do they matter because I will ring them back if I need to know. - Thanks
  • merrymary
    Options
    thanks gem, called them and they can find my electric account but not my gas one - had gas and electric from aug 06 to jul 07. They managed to take the direct debits for them both ok every month though! They said I've got to find the account number because they can't but i've not kept paperwork from 4 years ago! So looks like Npower will be enjoying my refund for their christmas party

i was told the same thing :( they couldn't find our gas account. am kicking myself for getting rid of our 2005 npower statements back in while i was filing a couple of weeks ago.
    but luckily i have our bank statements from 2001 :D but dec04 and jan05 is missing. but there it is npower elec and gas debited from feb05.
    will that be enough proof that we're with them for both for the period of feb05 to jun08?

i want to get to refunded too ;)
  • sammie1884
    Options
    thanks for this OP I have just called them and although they would not say much to me because the account was in hubbies name they did say a letter was on its way out to him! So I presume we will be getting something?! x

Good luck everyone and Thank you to all posters xx
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    marbella wrote: »
    1. No
    2. Been with NPower for 7 years
    3. Don't know
    4. Don't know
    5. No
    6. No

How would I know to ask any of these question and do they matter because I will ring them back if I need to know. - Thanks

Hi,
    I don't want to go into too much detail until the npower rep answers the query in my previous post.

I wouldn't expect you or any other customer to ask those questions although some might.

I am merely trying to establish the precise method npower are using to perform payment calculations as their methodology as published is not clear. Without knowing your own gas consumption and over which period they have chosen, then it is not possible to check whether they have chosen the correct period, usage and price differential.

Depending on your gas usage it is possible that you were overcharged more than they say. That is why the information is important.

I have been a regular contributor to the npower gas sculpting thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=37531494#post37531494

which for over 2 1/2 years has been campaigning for this outcome.

Over that time I have come to expect npower not to do the right thing, unfortunately. Just trying to satisfy myself that this time they are.

i was told the same thing :( they couldn't find our gas account. am kicking myself for getting rid of our 2005 npower statements back in while i was filing a couple of weeks ago.
    but luckily i have our bank statements from 2001 :D but dec04 and jan05 is missing. but there it is npower elec and gas debited from feb05.
    will that be enough proof that we're with them for both for the period of feb05 to jun08?

i want to get to refunded too ;)

npower should be able to find your gas account from the information that they possess. It just requires a little effort on their behalf. If all else fails you could try calling Transco and ask for the MPRN (meter point reference no.) of the gas meter at the property where you received your gas supply. Transco do not keep these records if you receive gas from an IGT (independent gas transporter).

This is a unique no. to the meter located at an address and is not to be confused with the meter serial no. This MPRN will show which co. supplied the property and npower should be able to trace your account with it.

If they cannot trace your gas account then apply for a refund of all the payments you made to them for gas as according to their records they did not supply you.:)
  • marbella
    Options
    Last years gas consumption was 26,077kw as I asked them a couple of weeks ago when I was finding out which supplier was going to be the cheapest so I could change, I don't know if they will tell me my useage over previous years and even if they do I don't know how to work out if I have been overcharged.
  • DirectDebacle
    Options
    That is interesting. Sending you a PM.
  • Mr_Silks
    Options
    I moved house so had to phone but 3 minutes later I am £78 +VAT+interest better off. They advised that in 8 to 9 weeks I should receive a credit note that can be cashed at the Post Office.
  • merrymary
    merrymary Posts: 484 Forumite
    Options

...If they cannot trace your gas account then apply for a refund of all the payments you made to them for gas as according to their records they did not supply you.:)

Ooh that would be even better :D:rotfl:

i'll try calling again and persuade them to look a little harder if not will find out our MPRN
    thanks for this OP I have just called them and although they would not say much to me because the account was in hubbies name they did say a letter was on its way out to him! So I presume we will be getting something?! x

ours is in hubbys name too and DD comes out of his account. at least you were told you're getting something. goodluck!

and Thanks to OP!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family