PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Comments

• VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped! Combo Breaker
    Perhaps it's just me? I've been up for over an hour and just can't get used to the temperature.

It's clear and sunny, although according to Apple it is all of 2 degrees this morning.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Witless
    Witless Posts: 728 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 25 April 2017 at 6:36AM
    Definitely on here! Gloomy/grey, wet, trying to snow - a great morning to go back to work after an extended break.

ETA - supposedly 1°C but doesn't feel that warm!
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,760 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Mine is still on, I don't know if it is because I'm having a few health problems at the moment, but I'm really feeling the cold.

I worry what this will do to my energy bills.:eek:
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Fifth Anniversary First Post
    Ours had been off for some weeks but we put it on yesterday for a while and this morning was cold so it has gone on again.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Turning mine off , just had a mahoosive gas bill :eek:
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    I keep trying to turn it off completely but the weather is not co-operating! :mad: It's still on for an hour in the morning for when we get up and sometimes for an hour in the evening.
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
  • chella
    chella Posts: 309 Forumite
    Mine has been off since early January. Up to now I have turned it on for just 3 hours since Jan. I am lucky the house feels quite cosy anyway and upstairs is always feeling quite warm.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Tenth Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Bathroom heater still on a time switch to come on for the off-peak hours. Having a warm bathroom to look forward to makes getting up at 5am a lot easier.
  • anamenottaken
    anamenottaken Posts: 4,198 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Central heating was last on on 16 February.
    Not lit the gas fire since 6 April.
  • YorksLass
    YorksLass Posts: 1,786 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Well, it's off permanently now - boiler has expired! :doh:

Annual boiler service last Thursday - engineer found a small leak (not leaking before he came) and said it needed a new diverter valve.

Yesterday - engineer no.2 fitted new diverter valve but still leaking; needs a different part.

Today - visit no.3 to fit different part; nope, not that and boiler duly condemned!

New boiler should be fitted asap (really? as it involves the council? asap = how long is a piece of string). Not too worried about lack of heating (can always add extra layers) but no hot water? :mad: Now pushing 70, I thought I'd seen the last of strip washes using a bowl!
    Be kind to others and to yourself too.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.