PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Sue14
    Sue14 Posts: 987 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    pollys wrote: »
    Still off, teenagers haven't said they are cold but DH did say "think we need to start thinking about putting the heating on" it's likely it will go on this weekend, although I feel ok.

Polly

My OH keeps hinting at putting the heating on 'for a couple of hours first thing in the morning', so it's warm while we're showering and getting ready for work, but I haven't felt that it's been cold enough to merit the heating going on yet, although we are wearing extra layers and snuggling under a blanket on the sofa, and I've also been wearing my fleecy pj's and socks to bed for the past few weeks.
    Weight loss challenge 2/10lbs

• panika
    panika Posts: 149 Forumite
    Options
    Today I decided to switch on my massive storage heater.

My bedroom is freezing (I keep turning on little heater on and off), living room is 18-19C and drying my washing is a nightmare.

So it will be on till spring, unless weather become unbelievably warm.

Also, I used today my £12 from energy supplier to top my electricity stick.:j
  • brenda50
    brenda50 Posts: 291 Forumite
    Options
    Mine has been on for an hour in the morning for the last few days. Temp is around 15 degrees when l get up so boost it to 18 and that does for the rest of the day due to living in second floor flat. Gas usage for this year is down to half the previous year that is £110 for the whole year which l attribute to using a dish washer for the last six months and switching off the boiler at the mains when not in use so it is not firing up every now and again.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sparrer wrote: »
    The mild weather seems to have returned here, although it's been wet and windy today it's a lot warmer than it was at the beginning of the week. I was diagnosed with copd almost 8 years ago and like kittie's and mrsr's DH's, suffer in the cold. I've already had had my first ci of the wnter and expect at least 3 more :(. I won't scrimp on heating but use it sensibly, if the temp in the house is over 18c there's no need to put it on. Keeping moving keeps me warm and keep my lungs clear, I bought a small treadmill last year and it's been a godsend. Here's hoping it stays mild a little longer.

what is copd Sparrer?
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Bobarella
    Options
    Sue14 wrote: »
    My OH keeps hinting at putting the heating on 'for a couple of hours first thing in the morning', so it's warm while we're showering and getting ready for work, but I haven't felt that it's been cold enough to merit the heating going on yet, although we are wearing extra layers and snuggling under a blanket on the sofa, and I've also been wearing my fleecy pj's and socks to bed for the past few weeks.

Snap. Are you sure we don't share a husband :) mine is a really hairy guy. But moans like anything about being cold (when he is) I am the sort who will wear a t shirt out in December ;)

• Bobarella
    Options
    And off here. Just torrential rain today.

• Bobarella
    Options
    molerat wrote: »

Thanks that was useful. Doesn't sound pleasant.

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,101 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Been at work today and switched it on at 5pm to 7pm to warm the house up. If I'm not at work and in, I switch on my halogen heater and warm the front room, I have solar panels so I check it's kicking in before I use it to keep costs down, I also take meter readings every week so I know how much energy I'm using. A friend of mine is using part of his winter fuel payment for Xmas, so he'd better not complain about being cold and unable to heat his flat to me!!!!!!!

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - nothing as yet 
  • chickens11
    Options
    Sitting here with the fire alight , most comforting and relaxing after such a busy day , trouble is it sends me to sleep watching it.....Sheila
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport