PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• ravgirl4x4
    Options
    Hadn't realised just how perimenopausal I was until I noticed last night OH and Son sitting there in thick jumpers and socks on with throws over their knees bless 'em and I am sat in t-shirt and jeans, no socks and no heating on but still feeling nicely warm lol! Our heating still not on but I think that is my fault and they may look to leave home if I don't put it on soon :)
  • craigywv
    craigywv Posts: 2,342 Forumite
    Options
    off here too , will go on about 5 for an hour to get dishes and bath water.
    C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z #7 member N.I splinter-group co-ordinater :p I dont suffer from insanity....I enjoy every minute of it!!.:)
  • chickens11
    Options
    Its been quite nice again today , temp inside house is 19 now so I havent lit the fire tonight ,just got dressing gown on and thin fleece for me and the dawg ....
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • sparrer
    sparrer Posts: 7,547 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'd turned it off yesterday after my shower and forgot to set it to come on this morning but it was so warm in the bathroom I didn't notice. Just had it on for half an hour as I was sitting in a cold village hall all evening but off again now.
  • calicocat
    calicocat Posts: 5,698 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Chutzpah Haggler
    Options
    Back on again as feels colder at the moment. (northeast coast).

It's on timer for a couple of hours in the morning, and 3 early evening.....for now.

I'm sure it was on more than that this time last year too....so it's all good. Plus the menopause helping...I still have a fan on at work....:D
    Yep...still at it, working out how to retire early.:D....... Going to have to rethink that scenario as have been screwed over by the company. A work in progress.
  • mummygems
    Options
    Ours is off most of the time. Had it on last night for an hour as I work in the chilled department of a store and am always frozen to my core when I get home so a hot drink, hot water bottle and heating helps!

Its set to off and I decide if its too cold in the kids room or in general then I might put it on for an hour then. Usually goes on when kids are bathed but thats about it. Im sure this time last year it was on timer for morning and night so thats a bonus!
    2 adults and 3 children DD (14), DD (12) & DS (10) :smileyhea and 2 mental beagles.
    Paying off debt bit by bit
  • chickens11
    Options
    Had sun today so that warmed all of my south facing large windows , it turned chilly at 4 ish so I lit fire in room which is north facing and its lovely and cosy in here with just a thin dressing gown on .....The dawg lay in usual place nearly in the fire !!...:eek: he will soon wake up if a spark come out.....Will set the heating timer to come on at 6 in morn , usually turn it off within an hour cos this place holds the heat , well insulated , good doors and windows .......Id rather be hot than too cold......
    My motto is " one life live it ".....:)
  • uk_american
    Options
    OFF in the tiny fishbowl top floor flat in Essex. So far I've only had it on once, so pleased to be saving some pennies with the mild weather.
  • babylove3008
    Options
    Hey, I have my heating on for a few hours in the morning and a few hours in the evening but I live in Scotland and its freezing x
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Off here. It's not warm but I'm not freezing either. We use hot water bottles at night & go to bed early to watch TV there if we feel chilly. I am thrilled to not feel the need yet. I was aiming for November 15th but will now try for end of the month.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure