🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Insider Info

Options

Comments

• TRAVELMAN_2
    TRAVELMAN_2 Posts: 864 Forumite
    Options
    ;);)

No problem. I can e-mail you a picture/description if you want-my e-mail address is under the 'smiley' by this post-if u want to e-mail me your e-mail!

Chris
  • janmolby
    janmolby Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Travelman

Looks like everyone else is asking you so I thought I might join in too! I would luike to book two weeks in a Pool Villa at the new Sila Evason at Koh Samui, Thailand for around the beginning of September 8). We are flexible with dates so any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers
  • System
    System Posts: 178,105 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi TRAVELMAN,

i've been reading your posts with great interest and particulary agree with you about cux wanting something for nothing.

I am a homeworker also so know where you are coming from.

I work for Travel Counsellors who last year won a the QUEENS AWARD FOR ENTERPRISE. We are completely independant and can sell holidays from over 300 operators.

I was just wondering where you got the information about Instant being the first Homeworking company after being in business for 8 years, as Travel Counsellors have just celebrated their 10th anniversary and TV Travel shop(who i used to work for) have been going for even longer.

I don't want to start an arguement but i have been a member of this site since it started and have made a lot of good friends and customers on here by being open and honest.

I just don't want anyone to be mislead in any way.
  • payless
    payless Posts: 6,957 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ding ... Round 1

Hey, there room for all.... look at the mortgage board, me and MortgageMan get on great.

OK , Travelman may have believed Instant/ Coop were first homeworking firm , but guess thats the hype he was told.. assume not trying to mislead anyone, in reality it would not really mean much to anyone.
    Personally I do find it strange that the Co-op have many different trading names- some sites are good, other appear restricted.

Most users here will try many different places to source prices.

Tight !!!!!!, why not register

BTW whats happened to TVtravel Shop.. gone from Freeview and webpage appears to go to Expedia.
    Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as (financial) advice.
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    :D:D:D

Hello guys & gals,

Sorry-been at a meeting today-a meeting that was actually interesting-makes a change!

Janmolby-can you tell me which Tour Operator you've been quoted from for your Thailand trip-will do my best once I have this info!

Tightarse-yes-you are COMPLETELY correct-Travel Counsellors were the 1st homeworking Company-my mistake!

If any one else is trying to get me tonight I'm knocking off at 7-so probably no reply till tomorrow.

If anyone needs me urgently you can e-mail me.

Speak to you all soon!

Kind regards,

Chris
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    :):):)

Morning all!

Thanks for any e-mails you've sent me!

Could I ask, that if I'm trying to help you with something-that you put in the Airports you'd like to go from?

Prices for the flights vary so much!

Thanks!!

Chris
    :D
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,866 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi TRAVELMAN,

i've been reading your posts with great interest and particulary agree with you about cux wanting something for nothing.

I am a homeworker also so know where you are coming from.

I work for Travel Counsellors who last year won a the QUEENS AWARD FOR ENTERPRISE. We are completely independant and can sell holidays from over 300 operators.

I was just wondering where you got the information about Instant being the first Homeworking company after being in business for 8 years, as Travel Counsellors have just celebrated their 10th anniversary and TV Travel shop(who i used to work for) have been going for even longer.

I don't want to start an arguement but i have been a member of this site since it started and have made a lot of good friends and customers on here by being open and honest.

I just don't want anyone to be mislead in any way.

no need for arguments on this site tightarse there's enough room for everyone
    but I do think that if you want to open and honest AND allow us to check that that is the case then you should register.

how can potential customers get in touch with you if you are only a guest ?
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,866 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I would also like to add that these boards are mainly for posting tips and advice on how to save money, and TRAVELMANS info posts contain loads of great advice,

But....... if people keep coming on here with requests for specific holidays and expect TRAVELMAN to give quotes on the site it will cause problems.

Firstly some people would accuse him (wrongly I believe) of using the board just to make money
    and secondly if the boards get bogged down with posts of this kind the useful info would just get buried
    I know that he would cheerfully answer any queries regardless of wether he was gaining personally from it.

I asked a general question regarding booking a hol and after the first response from TRAVELMAN I chose to deal with him and we have conducted all of our business via email.
    We have booked a fabulous holiday through him and all being well we would continue to use him in the future,
    His email is available via the icon under his name or you could pm him
    He has always replied to me promptly and contacted me by phone when I ask, he has been wonderful not pushy and worked hard to find a fussy person the holiday I wanted ;D
    please feel free to pm me if you want more info
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

She's on the payroll (!!!!)-no only joking!

My initial reason for registering & posting on this site goes back to my post 'how to get better deals for your hols'.

I'm a great fan of this site but felt that the article on 'haggling' with your agent was not the right 'answer' in all cases-& the glaring thing that is missed was the chance to SAVE MONEY (after all this is what the site is about!) by choosing the 'tailor-made' route & explaining to people the ATOL way!!!

I'm 37 (38 on 3/4-boo hoo...still, Pierce brosnan looks good at 50 so there's hope for me!), been in Travel all my working life & have worked as a rep/manager (it CAN be worse than Club Reps!!!) in Greece-I thoroughly enjoy the industry & get a real kick out of finding people the best deal (sad I know!) but also giving advice/help!

No disrespect to youngsters of 18 who work in High Street Agents (& before I get slated yes I know they will have passed exams, etc...!!) but when you are-how shall we say of more mature years (!) & have travelled you're in a much better position to give advice!

If people WANT to book with me-fine-but obviously everyone can book with who they want!

I'm more than happy to give quotes on specifics but as GLAD says it'd maybe free up the thread a bit if you e-mailed me directly.

Of course-if you want any advice re:general costs, where to go, etc that would be of interest to others please post it on here.

Beleive me-there are SO MANY WAYS that Tour Op's/High Street Agents can 'rip-you-off' (I prepare to be slated again) price-wise & I feel I can help people avoid these scams.....'free child' but extra under-occupancy charges?? etc....etc

God I do go on!

All the best,

Chris
  • TRAVELMAN_2
    Options
    :D:D:D:D

Good morning all,

I'll be 'on-line' next 3 days until 7-7-30 pm (with a break to go to the gym in the afternoon or my sanity will be in question!).

More than happy to give any help/adive during this time!

Happy bargain hunting!

Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills