anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• ghia20
    ghia20 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 17 October 2009 at 3:14PM
    Options
    also there is a diff add for the credit people queensgate house exeter ex4 3sr
    and phone number 08445444010
  • stevepugh_2
    stevepugh_2 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 25 October 2009 at 5:52PM
    Options
    Its the same old present day consumers always complaining.I recentely used cfd for broker purposes and wish to thank them on there service and it was free as a did receive my call cost even though i got the loan which was great thanks.Obviously some people are very disillusioned with the current climate but compared to some brokers who i paid money to only to hear nothing from. I was really impressed with cfd.Never been on a forum b4 but felt very strongly with regards to the bad reports on this company same old comsumers attitude always complaining never praising.
    With Thanks a very happy cfd customer.
  • PROLIANT
    PROLIANT Posts: 6,396 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Get a life you idiots, did the boss ask you to come on here and start a pretendy thread about CFD?
    Reported to the mods, with hope it will be deleted soon.
    Since when has the world of computer software design been about what people want? This is a simple question of evolution. The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
  • never-in-doubt
    never-in-doubt Posts: 20,613 Forumite
    Options
    PROLIANT wrote: »
    Get a life you idiots, did the boss ask you to come on here and start a pretendy thread about CFD?
    Reported to the mods, with hope it will be deleted soon.

LOL, nicely put! :whistle::whistle:

* Suggestion for new handle: PitBull-Proliant :D
    :o 2010 - year of the troll :o

Niddy - Over & Out :wave:
  • Rikochet
    Rikochet Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Me: Hello
    CFD: Hi there is that Rikki?
    Me: Who's calling?
    CFD: It's Ian from CFD is that Rikki
    Me: What's CFD?
    CFD: It's what we call our company, is that Rikki?
    Me: Yes
    CFD: Oh hi it's Ian here from Cash Finance Direct, you recently applied for a credit card and I'm calling to say it's been approved, are you still interested?
    CFD: Now can I confirm you're over 18, earning more than £400 a month and you're a UK resident?
    Me: That's right (now Googling Cash Finance Direct)
    CFD: Do you have any other loans or anything?
    Me: Yes I've got a loan with Lloyds TSB
    CFD: Ok now the credit card we'll be sending for you will have a £2000 limit is that ok or would you like more or less than that.
    Me: No £2000 will be fine thanks.
    CFD: That's great what I need you to do now is call this number do you have a pen?
    CFD: Now your reference number is ................. and the number you need to dial is 0906....
    Me: That's a premium rate number
    CFD: Sorry
    Me: That's a premium rate number.
    CFD: So?
    Me: Well that's a bit strange isn't it
    CFD: How is it strange?
    Me: Well why would a financial institution offerin......
    CFD: So why is it strange?
    Me: Oh p%^& off!!
    CFD: Why
    Me: Because you're an a^&*hole
    CFD: What
    Me: You heard

I will now be reporting this firm to Trading Standards, OFCOM, ICSTIS and any other regulating body I can find. I've worked in Telesales for years and Companies like this should not be allowed to operate. They pray on the weak and the poor and have no intention of giving anyone credit. It's a scam which relys on people phoning their premium rate number and not claiming a refund. The post above asking people to PM them any complaints about CFD (or whatever they call themselves) is clearly one of the directors or an employee trying to earn some brownie points.

DO NOT PHONE THIS COMPANY

Lets see if we can shut them down!!!
    Amount of unsecured debt - £9059.83/£9059.83

DMP starts with Payplan on 1st April!! (who's a fool now eh?)
  • ak1981
    Options
    Copy of letter sent to Northampton & Stockport Trading Standards on 7th of October re: CFD/ Horizon

Dear Northants Trading Standards

I wonder if you could review the email advertisement from 'Horizon Finance' below please? I have a number of concerns about this, particularly:

1. No typical APR is quoted despite the requirement for this information being triggered by claims that credit decisons can be made in one hour, that the loan is pre-approved, and that loans are available to people with a poor credit history

2. The advert offers 'pre-approved' loans. As I have never had any dealings with this company, further checks will almost certainly be required before any loan is granted. You will be aware that the CCA is very clear about the circumstances that the phrase 'pre-approved' can be used in credit advertising.

3. I am also concerned that the only way to contact this company is through a premium rate phone line which costs £1.50 a minute, with calls lasting up to 15 minutes...so customers must pay to find out what the typical APR is or other pertinent information.

4. This is a spam email. I always opt out of marketing communications from third parties, and I suspect that my email address has been obtained and used unlawfully

I hope that you will investigate this organisation, which I think preys on vulnerable customer groups.

Many thanks for your help
  • ak1981
    ak1981 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 10 November 2009 at 10:22PM
    Options
    Dear Mr [ }

Thank you for your email. I am concerned you did not receive my email of the 26th October.

I have been in contact with the company in regards to your complaint under the Consumer Credit (Advertisements) Regulations and the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations. I have also been in communication with Stockport Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading.

I hope this answers your question, there are restrictions on the information I can pass on to you.

Regards
    Northamptonshire Trading Standards
  • coz71
    Options
    I applied to the credit people for a loan they passed me on to cash Finance direct after a number of phone calls which cost me £48 I did'nt get the loan so I asked to re-embursed for my admin fee back from credit people who said I would have to claim my telephone charges back and have a letter from CFD saying they could'nt get me a loan before they would credit my account with the admin fee. . i SENT CFD MY PHONE BILL back in july still I hav'nt heard anything. Dont go with either of these companies this is a scam. I will have to take the matter further but not sure who to report it to. any feedback would be greatly appreciated
    colleen
  • colin7309
    colin7309 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 17 November 2009 at 12:05AM
    Options
    base2001 wrote: »
    hi, i was wondering if any body as used or heard of cash finance direct?

they have sent a number to call to get a loan, its a £1.50 per minute call

just wondering if any body know of them!

thanks
    they call you up on the off chance trying to get your name by askin if is mr sunch is there and you say no its such and such at this number then they say bla bla you have been acepeted for a loan of £5000 you must have looked on internet site

then they say the will get some one to call you back within 24 hrs and they do then the tell you your credit history and if you are ok for a loan and you are even at -8 on credit history the called my old boss the next day and he is -8 giving him a loan of £5000 you need to call this number 0906 bla bla blan £1.50 a minute for aprox 15 minutes and then call another 0906 number to check all your details and they also want £50 for setting this up but thats not all if you dont get a loan for any reason they give you it all back (this is bull s*it) after the second call the people are biring off your hands to give you a loan here is the good bit ....the lenders will call you back within 3-4 working days and put money into your bank .....DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR BANK DETAILS OR PAY £50.00 off your card just incase they ram the living daylights out of your card

THIS IS THE BIGGEST SCAM OUT THERE . THERE IS NEVER ANY LOAN THEY TAKE £90.00 each caller and you will never see it again unless you call 0906 so its better to just hang up
  • kathy_may_2
    Options
    Yes, just had a phonecall from them, usual politeness :rolleyes:; they said I had been pre-approved and all I had to do was ring 0906 400 1894, quoting a reference number. Call charges were refundable, they weren't going to charge me any set up fees, the only thing they got right was the amount I wanted to borrow and that was only because I told him and he said "ah yes, that's exactly what I have here". I did ask where he had got my details from as I hadn't applied for credit in ages and he just said it was from the last time I looked!

I have looked through this thread and it seems that everybody has the same tale! I would stay well clear!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure