Travel Insurance for Older Persons

Options
14567810»

Comments

• wyze
    wyze Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I found that https://www.deltainsurance.co.uk was very friendly and helpful (they are a husband and wife team and its really easy to get through to them by phone 01304 361609) and were able to offer terms for a medical condition that lots of other insurers refused.

So thanks for suggesting Delta Insurance - It saved me money and got me cover where others refused!:T
  • jusmall
    Options
    Hi everyone, just wanted to update the thread.

My Nan is 81, with no medical problems and going to Australia for 85 days. I've done a massive search and loads of companies will only insure this age bracket for up to 45 days.

I spoke to the lovely person at Delta insurance - (http://www.deltainsurance.co.uk/) or tel no 01304 361609 - they are really helpful but at the moment they can only insure this age range up to 45 days, but this should change in the next week or so, so please give them a try.

The best quotes I got were from egg.com (£365.56) and M&S (£578.77) all the other quotes for such a long period of time were for over £750.

Last year when my Nan was 80 and in the younger age bracket - M&S were cheaper than egg (insurance was about £300).

I hope this helps all of you young holidaygoers and thanks for all the useful info in this thread that helped me to save over £200.
  • Errata
    Errata Posts: 38,230 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Mountaineering Council of GB do terrific deals apparently. Also, last Saturday's Guardian had an article on best travel insurance deals for older people, which will be on its website. HTH
    .................:)....I'm smiling because I have no idea what's going on ...:)
  • chickalittle
    Options
    I agree with Errata- I have mentioned the British Moutaineering council on a couple of threads re insurance for the elderly. Earlier this year I went thru about 15 companies trying to get travel insurance for an 86 year old going to the US who previously had a clot on the brain several years ago but with no further problems since then. I had quotes (that's if they were willing to insure) ranging up to several thousands of pounds. The BMC has a straightforward health declaration and cost £120 (including their joining fee) for my friend's dad. They have no age limit.
    Jusmall - I don't know how they will work out for such a long stay but they are definitely worth a try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure