PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cutting down consumption of loo paper

Comments

• My TV is broken! :cry:
    Edit: refunded £515 for TV 1.5 years out of warranty - thank you Sale of Goods Act! :j
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker

Lovin the illustration :rotfl::rotfl:

• Scroll down and look at the (corrected) drinks menu

off topic, sorry
    Doing voluntary work overseas for as long as it takes .......
    My DD might make the odd post for me
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    looby-loo wrote: »
    Scroll down and look at the (corrected) drinks menu

off topic, sorry

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: Well spotted :T
  • Get a bidet installed, or buy a lotta from an asian store, wash first with water and then you'll only need to wipe once. Simple and hygenic. If you can't find a lotta, ( looks like a plastic tea pot with spout) then just use a litre bottle and refill it from the bathroom sink each time you go to the loo.
  • ROB35
    ROB35 Posts: 78 Forumite
    bryanb wrote: »
    Use both sides!

And the edges!!
  • ROB35
    ROB35 Posts: 78 Forumite
    swap to that stuff which is like tracing paper... Izal, I think it's called? Much cheaper, much stronger so you only need one sheet...

But don't forget to scrunch it up first to soften it up a bit, otherwise it's not the most comfortable thing to use :rotfl:

I remember this from my school days in the 60's. I always found that the more scrunched it was, the more scratchy edges it had!! Ouch!
  • nick_b
    nick_b Posts: 219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Anisceline wrote: »
    Get a bidet installed, or buy a lotta from an asian store, wash first with water and then you'll only need to wipe once. Simple and hygenic. If you can't find a lotta, ( looks like a plastic tea pot with spout) then just use a litre bottle and refill it from the bathroom sink each time you go to the loo.

We've got a long spouted watering can for this, which works a treat. Definitely wakes you up on a cold morning as well :)
    0_o
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Careful that Triple Velvet doesnt block your loo up after a while...could be a false economy with the prices charged by plumbers
    I used to use Tesco's 'springforce' loo roll (next up from value) and we were going through 9 per week at £1.99!!!!

However, I realised that I used to use 4 of the Tesco own per week at £1.80 a pack before, so switched back and within days our usage went down!!!

We use 4 a week if it's Tesco, Charmin or Andrex

HOWEVER, we use 3 per week if its Triple Velvet!

I buy Triple Velvet at £1.59 at Sainsbury's right now!!

That's £1.20 a week compared to £1.99!!!!

And we are better off for it!!
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
  • Ellie2758
    Ellie2758 Posts: 2,848 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    C'mon Jackie, sing us the song, please :D
    Not that I am advocating theft, but when I was younger and lived abroad one of our favourite things to do to save our meagre pennies for beer was helping ourselves to loo rolls. The only place you could get them easily was an Irish pub, so we always took one whenever we went there. We even had a song to accompany it. :o

Other then that, I too am contemplating reuseable wipes for the bathroom, I will leave real paper for the guests in the downstairs loo though, and I also squash the roll.
    Ellie :cool:

"man is born free but everywhere he is in chains"
    J-J Rousseau
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills