PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cutting down consumption of loo paper

Options

Comments

• trickytrolleys
    Options
    OMG :eek: Just how tight are you people ? Just buy some bloody loo roll will you :cool::rotfl:
    :D I understand ALOT more than I care to let on :D
  • MrsBartolozzi
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2729621

We are all being discussed over in The Arms - madder than a box of frogs apparently :eek:.

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • Fruball
    Fruball Posts: 5,739 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2729621

We are all being discussed over in The Arms - madder than a box of frogs apparently :eek:.

Some of those comments are funnier than the ones on this thread... Sitting here PMSL as I read how horrified they all are LMAO

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • venus4267
    Options
    At work we have a toilet roll dispenser which only lets you take about 1-2 sheets at a time - I may look into buying one of those! Failing that I like the idea of leaving an almost empty loo roll in the hope that people will be frugal with it!
  • VeeW
    VeeW Posts: 84 Forumite
    Options
    only 2 women in our house & we use a roll a day. Great buy at farmfoods tho'. Off to squash some loo rolls now!!
  • tod123
    tod123 Posts: 7,021 Forumite
    Options
    I use a rag on a stick
  • meritaten
    meritaten Posts: 24,158 Forumite
    Options
    how the heck can you use a roll a day??????????? what do you use it for? dont you buy tissues or cotton wool for removeing makeup etc?
    if not then you both should really see a doctor about your chronic diarrhoea! (how do you spell diarrheea anyway? its another word that dyslexisc cant spell!).
  • JulieGeorgiana
    Options
    VeeW wrote: »
    only 2 women in our house & we use a roll a day. Great buy at farmfoods tho'. Off to squash some loo rolls now!!

Um.... Okay!

If it's cheap... try buying more expensive... if it's reasonal Loo paper... go see a Dr!!!

Then again my MIL says us woman use much more then men **not stating the reasons for why** **cough**
    We spend money we don't have, on things that we don't need, to impress people we don't like. I don't and I'm happy!
    :dance: Mortgage Free Wannabe :dance:
    Overpayments Made: £5400 - Interest Saved: £11,550 - Months Saved: 24
  • consultant31
    consultant31 Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 September 2010 at 8:04PM
    Options
    ammie43 wrote: »
    I read once that if you hang your toilet roll with the loose end at the back you will use less. Anyone willing to test this theory?

I always hang the roll with the loose end at the back for that very reason, because when the children were little they would just wind the paper round their hand until they had a thick wodge then wipe once and drop it down the loo - it used to drive me nuts!!

I discovered that using the roll the other way they actually tore of a few squares and the roll lasted much longer, so I guess the theory has been tested and proven to work ;)
    I let my mind wander and it never came back!
  • Petlamb
    Petlamb Posts: 922 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    See, I'll own up to us using the value loo roll - my logic is that even if we had to use (for example) 3 sheets instead of 2 posh, it's well under 2/3 the price (more like 1/4!) so it's still cheaper.. Might sound lame and too tight for some, but when you've gone to tescos with a £1.50 clubcard voucher and spent just enough on loo roll to take it a couple of pennies over... well, it counts. There are some times, for some of us, where we just don't have the cash. :\
    On the up :D
    Our wedding day! 13/06/15
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family