We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

MSE Parents Club Part 14

1…449450452454455…907

Comments

  • Sami_Bee wrote: »

    AF - I hope you are pleasantly surprised :)

    sad thing is, i really dont think i will be :(

    at least the people at my job are eager to have me start
  • EA we have the monitors on as soon as we go to bed, he goes to bed at 7pm and we leave his door open a crack so if he wakes up when we are downstairs we can hear him, then the monitor goes on when we go to bed

    Do you have a cot mobile? that worked wonders for us, if we take longer than normal to get to E to give him his dummy back then we give him his dummy back and put the mobile on which plays for like 10 mins
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • Argh - random strange FB conversations again!

    I am going to visit a schoolfriend (who I have kept in touch with but haven't seen for a couple of years) on 30 Oct (very excited!) and tonight got a message from the 3rd member of our 6th form trio (who I haven't really kept in touch with and haven't seen for about 12 years or more...) saying she is going to come out with us too.

    All fine, I would love to see them both, very happy. Until 3rd member asks if I have kept in touch with 2nd member - I say yes, regular contact but not seen for a few years, 3rd member goes all strange and says 'ok - see you next month'

    Now I am feeling strange. The 2 of them still live within 2 miles of each other in Matlock, I haven't lived back there since I was 18 (so 16 years ago). They don't see each other as 'friends' but now I am going to visit then they will go out together - all very strange!

    I am sure it will be fine...ramble, ramble, ramble....sorry!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • tarajayne
    tarajayne Posts: 7,081 Forumite
    None so strange as folk MFD.

    And with that, night night. X
    Too many children, too little time!!!
    :p
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    hmmm I wonder if 3rd member has tried to keep in touch with other one and other once isnt bothered....might explain why she's a bit miffed that you've kept in touch.
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • Mazcabs
    Mazcabs Posts: 2,108
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    gill_81uk wrote: »
    Got some bargain nappies at sainsburys - 2 economy packs at £6.32 each, used my remainibg 2 £1 off pampers vouchers, then got 2 of the £2.50 off till spits, one for pampers and one for fairy so i bought another economy pack and a large fairy non bio gel which was reduced to £4 and then got another 2 vouchers :money:

    I'll have to go back again next week. anyone know when the baby discounts finish?

    Gill the baby event finishes 29th September


    Sami - Fairy post gone today....hope you can use them all

    Going to make marrow lemon curd tomorrow and some pasta sauces for the freezer...loads of our tomatoes have ripened :j

    Got an afternoon out in our churchyard tomorrow as well as they are doing 'messy church' so that should keep Henry occupied !!!
    Mum to 2 lovely boys who keep me busy.
  • gill_81uk wrote: »
    hmmm I wonder if 3rd member has tried to keep in touch with other one and other once isnt bothered....might explain why she's a bit miffed that you've kept in touch.

    Dunno - it was 2nd member that invited 3rd member so they are obviously in contact.

    *shrugs*


    Is SJ back home now?
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    She's probably miffed that you've stayed in touch with the other friend and not her then :)
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • ohh do sainsburys have offers on? i have some pampers vouchers to use by end of the month
    Debt £30,823.48/£44,856.56 ~ 06/02/21 - 31.28% Paid Off
    Mortgage (01/04/09 - 01/07/39)
    £79,515.99/£104,409.00 (as of 05/02/21) ~ 23.84% Paid Off

    Lloyds (M) - £1196.93/£1296.93 ~ Next - £2653.79/£2700.46 ~ Mobile - £296.70/£323.78
    HSBC (H) -£5079.08/£5281.12 ~ HSBC (M) - £4512.19/£4714.23
    Barclays (H) - £4427.32/£4629.36 ~ Barclays (M) - £4013.78/£4215.82
    Halifax (H) - £4930.04/£5132.12 ~ Halifax (M) - £3708.65/£3911.20

    Asda Savings - £0

    POAMAYC 2021 #87 £1290.07 ~ 2020/£3669.48 ~ 2019/£10,615.18 ~ 2018/£13,912.57 ~ 2017/£10,380.18 ~ 2016/£7454.80

    ~ Emergency Savings: £0

    My Debt Free Diary (Link)
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,851
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Kindof - the economy packs are reduced to £6.32 each. I bought 2 and used 2 vouchers and then got a till spit voucher for £2.50 off pampers economy packs/ariel and another one for £2.50 off fairy. The fairy non bio gel was reduced to £4.00 so i went back and got that and another pack of pampers....I then got another 2 vouchers! I'm going to go back on Tues when the offers should still be on and get some more hopefully.

    Right off to Express and then bed! I'm at a hen do tomorrow but it's a PITA coz it's in 2 parts, afternoon and evening, which has meant Dh having to do more feeds for T. plus the wedding is next weekend and it's an overnighter! I've been expressing every night for the last 3 weeks to get enough built up...can't wait till it's all over lol
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.