We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MSE Parents Club Part 14
Comments
-
Krystaltips wrote: »You can walk it, it's T H Baker on the ground floor of the saddler's centre... (And I think 1 charm would be fine... I'm sure she has family to bulk it out
)
What time do you think you'll be in town tomorrow? I have an order to collect from Mothercare...
It will be early(ish), we are going to a birthday party at 2 and Benjamin will need a nap before that (stupid time for a party!) so probably about 10am.please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »
I can't afford loads. Do you think it will look awful if I only buy her one?
I may need other ideas ladies
i dont think it will look awful at all and i think it's a lovely idea ..
the charm you chose can symbolise your friendship/working relationship and i am sure that will mean a lot to her0 -
I would think that to get one 'Pandora' Charm though is a very special gift, I'd be extremely chuffed. XToo many children, too little time!!!
0 -
MFD, I think the whole point of the Pandora charms is that they should be collected, so no, I don't think they look terrible with just 1 charm, just looks like someone is going to have a lot of fun filling it. I personally, would be properly ever so excited about getting one! So much so I think I'll go price them up and start leaving post-it notes about the house
'Dear Husband, I LOVE pandora bracelets, meaning, get me one for Christmas and you will get lots and lots of cake (cake being sexual favours)'0 -
Ah, I'll be having a driving lesson at 10:15... You'll probably be best being in Walsall seeing as I drive around Bilston

Just watching Don't tell the Bride... How selfish is that bloke!!!
(I think I might be getting something pandora for christmas... D has been eyeing them up regularly... And he has had a couple of small jiffy bags through the post... But :shhh: don't say anything...)A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...My Fathers Daughter wrote: »Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.
0 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »
I can't afford loads. Do you think it will look awful if I only buy her one?
I may need other ideas ladies
:o:o:( Now bearing in mind I'm shattered, and that on my '2nd' visit to a friend in need tonight once I wasn't driving I have had wine I read your earlier post as you were buying one for you, hence me saying loads. Very sorry, very stoopid, maybe I should just bog off now then? Too many children, too little time!!!
0 -
MFD, I think the whole point of the Pandora charms is that they should be collected, so no, I don't think they look terrible with just 1 charm, just looks like someone is going to have a lot of fun filling it. I personally, would be properly ever so excited about getting one! So much so I think I'll go price them up and start leaving post-it notes about the house
'Dear Husband, I LOVE pandora bracelets, meaning, get me one for Christmas and you will get lots and lots of cake (cake being sexual favours)'
go and pick up a booklet from one of their stores and start circling ...
if you dont have a store near you, i can pick you up one.
i'm going to treat myself to another soon, just trying to decide which one0 -
Pricing it up I am looking at £45 for the bracelet plus up to £40 for a charm (I think I will just go for the prettiest/the one I think she will really like) which is a lot for a leaving gift. Not that I begrudge her a penny but the baby's gotta eat ya know


Tara - that makes sense - I am buying one for my assistant who very sadly leaves me next week (not by choice on either of our parts
) please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman
Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14ozA new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 20120 -
My_Fathers_Daughter wrote: »Pricing it up I am looking at £45 for the bracelet plus up to £40 for a charm (I think I will just go for the prettiest/the one I think she will really like) which is a lot for a leaving gift. Not that I begrudge her a penny but the baby's gotta eat ya know


Tara - that makes sense - I am buying one for my assistant who very sadly leaves me next week (not by choice on either of our parts
)
it will be a lovely gift
0 -
the ocean wonders range is/is being discontinued, I think the precious planets range is it replacement.kindofagilr wrote: »Thanks gill
ive found 4 on ebay, phew lol, seems as though they are sold out everywhere, maybe they dont make them anymore, but I am going to bid on one on ebay, I think it will help if he has that at mams, will make him feel more like home (she already bought the exact same cot and mattress for her house)
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/fisher-price-ocean-wonders-cot-mobile-/260667654137?pt=UK_Toys_Games_Toys_CA&hash=item3cb100bff9
Yes they can refuse to let you take holiday during your notice period, it is most likely in your terms that they can refuse holidays it's a standard clause. I suppose it depend on your nature of work and relationship with them, Some places would rather you used the holiday others would rather you worked.angelfairy wrote: »can i join the foul mood club??????
if i ever doubted my decision to leave my job, i don't know.
any employment buffs about???? my contract states i am required to give 4 weeks notice. i have asked for my 14 days leave to be taken as part of my notice? can they refuse this request? i know they can't refuse to pay the holiday time, but can they refuse it to be used as part of my notice???
Does anyone know of a website or a simple way to make a gift list online a bit like when you have a wedding list but so it can be for any site? I'd like to have ongoing lists for all of us that family can take items off without me know who's bought it and so I can update it as I see things, I've been looking at that elfster but its too secret santa specific I acn't see how I could make it work.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards