Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Just caught up and can see everything is moving along nicely in here!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,117 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Quick check in. Trying to get my steps done but it is so hot! Will have to get them done earlier in the day over the weekend. Just hit 10k so not too bad.

Eventful working day which I am trying to avoid resulting in gin. I can make it fit my macros but I am out tomorrow so drinking two nights is not ideal!

Dd has her first piano prep exam tomorrow so I am hoping she enjoys it and doesnt get nervous. She is very well prepared and has been practising, her teacher thinks she will do well.

Checked accounts and sent 45p across to make a Tilly tidy. Once I logged in to mortgage accounts I remembered there is also a spare £11.50 as b*gas have reduced direct debit so sent £11.95. That is worth firing the laptop up for! Current end date based on potential new fixed rate is now Dec 28.
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Did you decide on the 5 or 10 year fix in the end Cath

Also, I take it you were in a fixed term when you applied for mortgage part 2 - was it an easy process?
  • CathT
    Options
    Hi, yes our original mortgage was fixed when we applied for additional borrowing. The extra we got on a better rate. I am swaying towards the 10year and even at that rate it immediately reduces our daily interest by £1. I will just keep an eye on deals but wondering if it might be worth
    going through a broker to see if we can get a much more competetive rate rather than just fixing again with fd.

Well I have pretty much wasted today with a hangover! I did not think I had drunk that much but over the course of the day have remembered I had two large guns before going out, wine with dinner, two cocktails, two shots and a small bottle of prosecco. Prosecco does not agree with me!

Went for walk this morning for an emergency supply of a well known fizzy drink in a red can and did not go home until I felt about 90% recovered. Was out of the house for an hour so not a bad recovery. Due to said hangover have also eaten all the wrong things and can not wait to get back on track tomorrow!

Dh cut the lawns yesterday and I cleaned the bathrooms. We were/are pretty much on top of everything else. Now if only we could have a bit of rain overnight to save time on waterfront although I am expecting a hosepipe ban soon.

73p Tilly tidy, will update signature once Mortgage payments showing on the account.
    150points on youg0v by the surveys are getting quite repetitive on there. I will tolerate it for 150 points though.

The children have been a challenge this weekend. They have a brilliant childhood without being spoiled (maybe a little indulged with our time) but they have shown some rather unpleasant characteristics this weekend. Ungratefulness, rudeness etc. Wow parenting is hard!
  • AlexLK
    AlexLK Posts: 6,125 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've had my son showing some unpleasant characteristics not so long ago, it's difficult to deal with. However, he has been back to his usual kind self lately. Think he was pushing boundaries a little with everyone rather than becoming an unpleasant character. We did talk about how to treat other people. As awful as it is, they will push boundaries.
    2018 totals:
    Savings £11,200
    Mortgage Overpayments £5,500
  • CathT
    Options
    It is so disheartening as a parent isnt it Alex. Am glad you have turned a corner with him. We both do everything we can to try and give them a childhood they will look back at with happiness and warm memories (as I know you do). It is like they dont notice or appreciate any of that at times. Your son is beteeen my two children age wise, what a challenging time parenting is. I hadn!!!8217;t considered these years being difficult, had focused on on the toddler and teenage years.

Up bright and early today. Washing machine on and am trialling washing some of the covers from the outdoor furniture. Hoping they dont shrink or it will be fun getting the cushions back in! Mortgage payments have credited. If we can have a very low spend week that will give us a really good head start on the weeks leading up to the next bank credit. That!!!8217;s the problem when you use your money effectively, not much left in the bank!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Lets all blame it on the heat! Our 5yr old has really been pushing over the last week or 2! Could have throttled the little sod yesterday!!

• CathT
    Options
    I am happy to blame the weather!

Not much happening here, once all the money shuffles have been done there is very little mse activity happening. However, made an 88p tilly tidy yesterday and had a 150point survey on y0ugov, also have a survey waiting which I will do in a minute. Although if it is another poll on audio books I wont be impressed.

Garden furniture cushions successfully washed and put back together and the remaining ones are on the line. Have another load almost done ready to hang out and I need to water the plants before work. I am ignforing the lawn, it is currently beyond repair but someone said grass always comes back?

Thoroughly enjoyed the match last night (we are not English but I never understand not rooting for a home nation). I am out all day Saturday at a spa day and have realised I will miss the match. Currently negotiating with dh via text for him to wait until I get back to watch it. I!!!8217;ve had to offer wine as he is not going for it!!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    I'm with DH on this one! Waiting would be a non negotiable for me!!

• CathT
    Options
    Haha. He asked for a shopping list earlier. I sent it with wine at the top saying it was for Saturday evening to watch the match.

There is wine in the fridge now. It is possible that he has misunderstood what I meant by evening!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback