Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,121 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Productive day :j

Popped to town and got some bits from primarni. I found some shoes reduced to £1 and a top was 50p from £1.80. Needed to get dd another clasp for her fitbit as it came off and disappeared again. Last time used @mazon and paid over £13 but as we were in town we went to our local indoor market and found a stall which had what we needed for £2!

Popped to Mr S for picnic items as we are off to the party later. I couldn't face @ldi as knew it would be really busy and queues have been lengthy in our store lately. Got everything we needed and only spent £17.44.

Picked some more sweet peas from the garden so living room smells wonderful. Hoping they keep blooming so I can keep cutting!

50p on y0ug0v this morning so up to £14 on there. I tend to average £5 a month which isn't too bad.

Hope you're all having a fabulous Saturday!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Shoes for £1?? How did you manage that? I'm excited when I find something non-trainers under £50.
  • Pearla*Merle
    Pearla*Merle Posts: 1,611 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    As above! That's amazing, well done CathT! (Please do all my shopping for me in future :rotfl:)
    a penny picker upper. MFW approx 78% to go | FIRE 3 years worth (30% savings rate: now aiming for 40%!) | Normality is a paved road; it's comfortable to walk, but no flowers grow on it | Whatever you're meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible | The only thing you absolutely have to know, is the location of the library
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Is the extension all done now?
  • CathT
    Options
    Shoes were the ballet pump style so not too expensive to begin with but even so £1 is a bargain :) I don't usually get bargains and hate to rummage so often miss out.

Not much money news, trying to keep spends low and tempted by a mini challenge over the next 10 days. Need to tax DH car but fortunately only £30 for the year.

DS did some foraging last week whilst we were out and we now have lots of crab apples! Have made a crumble so far and will make another as although it needed more sugar was still good.

Have managed to pay some good amounts off the cc so have amended the calcs for balance transfer and get that done this afternoon before the rest of the month runs away with me!
  • CathT
    Options
    Is the extension all done now?

All done, just some finishing touches we are happy to leave at the moment. Utility room and shower room ceiling need painting, woodwork in those rooms needs doing aswell. The landing needs decorating from where they knocked through to create the extra bedroom but that is a big job that can wait until we decide if we are replacing the bathroom upstairs. I'm quite surprised I'm so laid back about it as I usually want things completed yesterday!
  • michelle09
    michelle09 Posts: 912 Forumite
    Options
    Unfortunately I outgrew the standard UK ladies shoe range when I was 12 and have far too narrow feet to shop in standard men's shops. Seriously limits my options. :(

Crab apple crumble sounds delicious!
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Are you pleased with it? Sounds fab.
  • CathT
    Options
    michelle09 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I outgrew the standard UK ladies shoe range when I was 12 and have far too narrow feet to shop in standard men's shops. Seriously limits my options. :(

Crab apple crumble sounds delicious!

I'm dreading mine outgrowing junior sizes. They are both tall with big feet so am sure it won't be too long. Gosh your choices are limited and expensive I expect?
    Are you pleased with it? Sounds fab.

We absolutely love it and it was definitely the right decision for us. I would be devastated if someone made me sell it now!

Checked the bank this morning and there's more money than I expected. I must have forgotten to pay for something! :rotfl:
    50p on y0ugov so back up to £15 so glad to be at a decent amount on try to get to payout asap!

Need to do a 7 day challenge, am thinking limited personal spends, food and fuel budget. Between us we are off work for a couple of weeks so may have to be creative. Maybe I should send ds foraging again! :D

Am going to have a quick tidy up and clean (WM already on) and then see what food we have and do some meal plans. Have a bottle of wine leftover from last weekend so only need to buy one and may use the m&s meal deal as have lots of vouchers.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Have a great day!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business