We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,122 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks both, managed to sort out another deal and will remain focused on keeping usage as low as possible. We switch most things off at the mains and all tend to be in the same area of the house so don't really waste much energy.

50p on y0ugov yesterday and only spends were for baking things for dd.

Still really struggling with fatigue and no idea why I'm not improving. Am wondering whether to eliminate some food groups again as felt amazing last time I did that.
    June 2024 - part 1 - £28,832 part 2 - £24,400 Total - £53,233 41 months to go!
  • CathT
    Options
    Financial review and planning required today. The t3sco card is now beyond my stoozing efforts so am going to do a balance transfer as it is 0% for 39 months. It feels like a step back as I don't include the stoozing card in debt amount which I know I should so figure is obviously going to go up.

In addition to this I also want to go through our income/expenditure again and set up some savings post for -
    1) Holiday fund
    2) Decorating fund
    3) New bathroom.

I was planning on more spending on the house until the credit cards were clear but that is going to take a bit longer now. We have £2400 plus interest coming from our regular saver in a few weeks which I am tempted to use for the bathroom. In some ways it's not necessary as although dated the bathroom is fine and not used a great deal as we prefer the shower room.

Now if only there was a way to achieve everything I want to do!?!
  • lulabelle1
    lulabelle1 Posts: 2,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It'd be lovely to do everything wouldn't it, what a dream :)
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Now if only there was a way to achieve everything I want to do!?!

The perennial problem of the MFW-er! :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lulabelle1 wrote: »
    It'd be lovely to do everything wouldn't it, what a dream :)
    greent wrote: »
    The perennial problem of the MFW-er! :D
    x

Yet MFW's always seem to find a way...eventually...with some crafty workings out ;)
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • CathT
    Options
    We just keep plotting and juggling/shuffling until we get there!

£20 ish spent on cinema tickets and parking today. Took a bottle of water from home and bought sweets from £land on the way. dd enjoyed the film (new emoji one) but isn't the cinema expensive! It was a well deserved treat for her as she's finally stopped sucking her thumb. First two nights were tricky but she's been amazing since and is as proud of herself as we are of her. Now it's like she never did it!

Have a beach day planned tomorrow so fingers crossed for dry weather with a glimmer of sunshine. Will take a picnic so only spends should be drinks/ice creams. The children insisted on going to the park with their scooters this morning despite it raining! I planned to sit on the bench with a shelter but still had to use an umbrella. They made the decision to come home so at least I didn't have to play 'bad cop'

Popped into m*s after the cinema and bought some reduced fruit and bread. Didn't expect to have money on our giftcards but had £26 so easilt covered the £6 spent. £12 spent yesterday on a replacement clasp for dd f1tbit as goodness knows where that disappeared to but am just relieved the f1tbit stayed on!

Felt tired rather than fatigued today so am seeing that as a huge improvement and relief. Few glasses of wine planned and hopefully we'll find a good film/series to watch.
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I'm so tempted to bin renewal for Mr T this year and do a weekly L1dl shop - just seems so much cheaper!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    We converted to our new local Aldi a few years ago and would never consider changing back to one of the big chains. At least 1/3 cheaper and cuts 30mins of food shop time as well. Definitely worth a try. As for cinema.. we went to watch Atomic Blond last night and after having a firestick for a few years i baulked when i say the price! Give me our 50" Plasma, my comfy couch and handy kitchen everyday!!

• CathT
    Options
    I'm so tempted to bin renewal for Mr T this year and do a weekly L1dl shop - just seems so much cheaper!

We've got a Mr S delivery pass we barely use but I do have a £9 off voucher they sent me to lure me back! I've even converted to most of @ldi's cleaning products so don't need to go to a big supermarket for anything. It's wine costs that shock me the most, there's nothing for around £3 a bottle in the big supermarkets! :rotfl:
    We converted to our new local Aldi a few years ago and would never consider changing back to one of the big chains. At least 1/3 cheaper and cuts 30mins of food shop time as well. Definitely worth a try. As for cinema.. we went to watch Atomic Blond last night and after having a firestick for a few years i baulked when i say the price! Give me our 50" Plasma, my comfy couch and handy kitchen everyday!!

Completely agree Jimmy, I often need regular pauses to ask questions or discuss something that's popped into my head too.

We didn't manage our beach day due to poor weather forecast so we opted for a NT property about an hour away and we had a brilliant day. Actually managed to look around the house this time and I'm so grateful they have challenges for the children to keep them entertained. £5 spent on two ice-creams for the children (this is a common theme!)

£69 finally payable on tcb so have requested that and will send straight to t3sco card off holiday balance. DH has done almost 9 hours overtime today and also found out this week he has been awarded a 3% payrise which is a nice bonus.

Does anyone feel like Summer is completely over? My courgettes have stopped producing and my pots look very sad. Still getting sweet peas so hoping they carry on a bit longer. Surprisingly the ones in a large container have done better than the ones in the ground so may plant more next year so I've got a continual supply to cut and bring indoors.

Payday on Friday and have £15 ish in my purse and spent £25 at @ldi today so hoping for 4 NSD's as we have enough fuel and food to keep us going. The challenge is on!
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Summer been a damp squib in the NW, and I type that as it pours with rain now!

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport