Our attempt at being MF!!

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,120 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope it dried up a bit Jimmy, we've got that rain now.

Had an enjoyable few hours at our local and favourite NT property today. Met up with a friend and all the children played really well together. Children toasted marshmallows by the fire and only spends were £1.50 for the marshmallows and £6.85 on ice-cream and drinks. Had packed a picnic so overall a cheap day out.

Children keep [STRIKE]hounding[/STRIKE] reminding me that I promised to buy them new football kits as a long term reward. Seems like it's time to keep my end of the bargain! :eek:
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Now I'm all for rewards but football kits isn't very MFW! I just hope its of the Liverpool variety ;)
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • CathT
    Options
    It seemed like a good idea at the time! Just been on the official site and they charge £17.95 for printing! I have two children putting the pressure on so am going to have to be on my guard in the morning!

Team wear red and from NW, not Liverpool though!
  • CathT
    Options
    The no spend week isn't going too well.

Just spent £230 on two football kits and two pairs of boots!! That really is ridiculous.

That is my summer holiday spending done!!
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    :eek:Gulp.....
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    The no spend week isn't going too well.

Just spent £230 on two football kits and two pairs of boots!! That really is ridiculous.

That is my summer holiday spending done!!

Oh blimey! Glad my 2 were never into such things!
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • CathT
    Options
    Kits collected today and I think they will get a lot of wear :)

Only other spends today were £30 fuel and £30 between @ldi and c0-0p. My mum popped round and brought me some blackberries she had picked with my nieces. Soaking them in water to encourage the grubs out and will then freeze ready for Autumn crumbles. Have some bruised eating apples so I think I'll also chop, puree and freeze them.

DH doing lots of overtime this week but equally ridiculous working hours so not really seen him this week. It's made us both realise we are glad he didn't take the job offering permanent nights. Children have been entertained by a trip to the park and an ice cream from the freezer which may be the theme for a while!

Payday on Friday and we still have £160 in the bank which is unheard of! Hoping this will become a regular occurence.
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Holy Football kits, Batman!
  • CathT
    Options
    Just popping in quickly. A fairly low spend day although children were in holiday club then after work we popped to a local fete. £1 spent on a cake and drink for them both and I ignored the requests fo fidget spinners no matter how amazing they were meant to be!

Fell asleep after dinner and I suspect my iron is not improving. DH has been a superstar despite working in excess of 60 hours this week. Looking forward to some quality family time this week and I think he's planning an afternoon out for us tomorrow.

50p on y0ugov and I've sent £160 to the t3sco card. Have done budgets ready for payday so any overtime and bonuses can also go straight off the card and then I'll make a decision about a balance transfer.
  • CathT
    Options
    DH had a really good wage (overtime is paying off) so will send a big chunk to the t3sco card. Had my hair done yesterday and hairdresser could only fit me in for a dry trim rather than 'cut and blow'. My hair looks just as good as she straightened it and I tend to go on a Friday evening after work so not for an occasion. Result is £14 instead of £33 and I've booked that as my next two appointments. :j

Took dd to a free football event yesterday afternoon then visited a park on the way back. It's a few miles from home and is a caravan holiday park but we can visit and use most facilities for free. They also have shops and various businesses there so it's a nice place to visit. DS loves ponies so we paid them a visit too. DH treated the children to an ice cream and everytime ds eats a cornett0 I can't help thinking that they are free on holiday (not long to go now!) :D

dd has a party today and then we're all off to a gathering at our friend's farm which should be a fab afternoon/evening. We were going to camp over but ds not keen. There will be lots of families and children their age so really looking forward to it. A combination of bouncy castle and a live band should please most of us.

Football kits washed and ready to wear again today! :rotfl::rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback