PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

What can I do with breadcrumbs?

Options

Comments

• aycor
    aycor Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :D
    let me know what you think, I am told by scots its good but I'm english
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    :D
    let me know what you think, I am told by scots its good but I'm english

the recipe says simmer the ingredients in a saucepan then add the rest of the ingredients. :-/

which ingredients do you not simmer first?

aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • aycor
    aycor Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oooooooooooooops sorry :-[
    dont simmer the breadcrumbs,flour, baking powder, and spice they get stirred in last
    good luck
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Wow that sounds like a good way to use up all those ingredients in the store cupboard as well!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • scrimperjan
    Options
    Treacle tart is my favourite way to use up breadcrumbs....wicked in every sense of the word. Basically you use about one and a half tablespoons of warmed golden syrup to each ounce of breadcumbs, put the resulting gooey mixture in a pastry case and bake for about half an hour at 180C. Some recipes add lemon juice & rind or ground ginger.
  • catznine
    catznine Posts: 3,192 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh treacle tart is one of my sons all time favourites! And so easy to make!
    Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind.

Jan grocery challenge £35.77/£120
  • r.mac_2
    r.mac_2 Posts: 4,746 Forumite
    Options
    oooooooooooooops sorry :-[
    dont simmer the breadcrumbs,flour, baking powder, and spice they get stirred in last
    good luck

thanks for this ;D
    aless02 wrote: »
    r.mac, you are so wise and wonderful, that post was lovely and so insightful!
    I can't promise that all my replies will illicit this response :p
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Treacle tart is my favourite way to use up breadcrumbs....wicked in every sense of the word.  Basically you use about one and a half tablespoons of warmed golden syrup to each ounce of breadcumbs, put the resulting gooey mixture in a pastry case and bake for about half an hour at 180C.  Some recipes add lemon juice & rind or ground ginger.
    never had it like that! Mum always used to make it with cornflakes or porridge oats :P
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    Can anyone advise as to whether I can stick a few slices of bread in the blender to make breadcrumbs for my bread sauce - or will I have to grate by hand.

I used to have a food processer which I used to use, but I haven't got it anymore.

Thanks!
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • Ticklemouse
    Options
    I use a stick blender and a jug when I make breadcrumbs - they always turn out OK for me, so an ordinary blender should be fine :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport