No Buying Toiletries In September Challenge!

edited 31 August 2010 at 1:36PM in Health & Beauty MoneySaving
430 replies 27.4K views

Replies

• Mags30Mags30 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    One of the things I have gradually done is round up items by type eg shower gels and put them in their own drawer or toiletry bag. This then makes it simpler to see more clearly just what you've got and where your problem areas are.

The chest of drawers in my bedroom:)

1) lipgloss/lipstick/bronzer/eyeshadow/palettes,etc (all make-up)
    2) Skincare stuff (cleansers, toners, moisturisers, serums)
    3) Hair stuff
    4) Body lotions, butters, shower gels, hand creams, nail polish
    5) Random things like hairbrushes, tampons, contact lenses

It's all tidy but I'd be rather mortified if anybody looked inside it (well you guys would understand)

The top shelves of the wardrobe are loaded up with gift sets, perfume sets, make-up bags.
    Total debt 11/1/2011 €5350.65
    Total debt 12/12/12 €3222.31
    CrazyClothesChallenge 2013 #006 €34.08/€500
  • I've decided there's no time like the present to list a few more items, so here's my list of mascaras:

2 x Max Factor Masterpiece (one currently in use as a going out mascara)
    17 Infinite Lash Defining Mascara (in use for daytime)
    17 Ultimate Lengths
    No 7 Lash 360
    Maybelline XXL Volume + Length
    Chilli Pepper (from gift set)
    One unbranded (magazine freebie)
    I've also got a mascara on the go in my work makeup bag (a No 7 or 17, I think)

Some of these I have had as a gwp. I obviously won't need to buy any for a long while yet!
  • Hurray, first day of the month and a UU to report: S&G Heel Genius, wiba? - probably not, was ok but nothing special. I have a couple of other brands of foot cream in the stash to work through and I'm hoping they'll be better than this.
  • Mags30Mags30 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Mags - question for you - on the occasions you bought the "bargain" bits in Boots, did you actually NEED to go in there in the first place, or did you just go in to browse, and get sucked in? If the latter, then you need to add to your aim for September "Stay out of Boots!"

No I never need anything there. How could I when I own so many things already:o Part of the problem is working so near a huge Boots and reading the Grabbit board, there's always a Boots offer on there.

I totally agree with you, I need to stay out of Boots. I keep going back to use those £5 No7 vouchers too. I'm not even buying anything to get them, my mother is constantly giving them to me because she hates No7.
  • BronnieBronnie Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mags30 wrote: »
    The chest of drawers in my bedroom:)

The top shelves of the wardrobe are loaded up with gift sets, perfume sets, make-up bags.

.....which would make perfect Christmas gifts , of course!
  • Mags30 wrote: »

Is some of this store intended to be used for pressies or could it be? If so, maybe you are well in control of your Xmas shopping already ;).
  • Mags30Mags30 Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Is some of this store intended to be used for pressies or could it be? If so, maybe you are well in control of your Xmas shopping already ;).

Wasn't purchased for presents but I do often make up presents from my stash. I always put perfume samples with cards too so other people do benefit :)
  • Mags30 wrote: »
    I always put perfume samples with cards too so other people do benefit :)

Ooh, that's a nice touch and a great idea!
  • freyasmumfreyasmum Forumite
    20.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bronnie wrote: »
    .....which would make perfect Christmas gifts , of course!
    Yes, the perfect way to start someone else off on their very own 'no more...' challenge :whistle::rotfl:

Spread the love :D:p
  • edited 1 September 2010 at 11:24PM
    footymadgalfootymadgal Forumite
    569 Posts
    edited 1 September 2010 at 11:24PM
    I am going OCD on lists, this time it's hand creams!

200 ml Atrixo Intensive Protection Cream (in use, one fifth left - keep downstairs and OH uses too)
    25 ml No 7 Protect & Perfect with SPF 15 (from gwp, in use - keep in handbag)
    BS Almond? (in use - keep at work)
    M&S Lily Hand and Body Lotion (in use, one sixth left (hurrah, hate this!) - keep in bedside drawer)
    50 ml Boots Time Delay Restoring Hand and Nail Cream with SPF 8
    50 ml Elle Macpherson Replenishing Hand Cream (from gift set)
    x 2 30 ml Boots Royal Jelly with extracts of Pure Honey
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

PCR tests to end for fully vaccinated

Travellers returning to England in Oct

MSE News

Free Homebuilding & Renovating Show tix

London, Harrogate & Shepton Mallet

MSE Deals