No Buying Toiletries In September Challenge!

Options

Comments

• Fruittea
    Fruittea Posts: 956 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd like to join please - not sure how I will manage to find everything - not so much the makeup thing but I'm a bit of a bathtime fanatic. Can't resist a good soap. I'll start to make an inventory. After seeing Jacksxx mines a doddle.
  • brighthair
    brighthair Posts: 646 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    oops - I bought 3 x toothpastes, the dawood and tanner were still on 3 for 2 at Boots so I got the lemon, the lime and the garden mint one
  • poppy_f1
    poppy_f1 Posts: 2,637 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    im joining in this month, since not been doing the challenge for the past few months i seemed to have accumulated more stuff

there is one proviso that towards the end of the month i will need to buy some bits and pieces for going on hols in oct however i am going to try and see what i do need before buying rather than going ooh i want that when in boots lol
  • Alton_Towers
    Options
    I am joining again this month - fingers crossed no spends this month!
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm in again girlies! Forgot to count a couple of items "IN" as well - Mum's giving up Avon (booooo!) and when clearing out her cupboard found a skin So Soft body lotion and a load more sample sachets of Lotus Shield serum! I've been very good though and put the sachets away until I've finished my current Frizz Ease one though - will also make sure I have some put away for holiday etc.
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • midnightstar
    Options
    only really used two shower gels up in august, its a start though!
  • debidoodle
    debidoodle Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2010 at 10:29PM
    Options
    Count me in for September

Useup's

Avene body moisturiser WIBA yes ideal for the mornings when in a rush.

Urban Retreat eye cream WIBA yes but I am now using up my Soap & Glory one, have an Organic Surge in my stash.

Unknown serum which I was sent to test from Cosmeticsresearchonline WIBA yes it was lovely & hydrating.

Opened a BS cherry body butter smells lovely & really hydrating.
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ...especially as I have so many things anyway and want to get my stash down to 1000 items by Christmas.

We've all got loads of things to use up on here - Boots, Body Shop, QVC TSVs etc.

Oh pretty please...that's one toiletry SOA I would LOVE to see! (In the nicest way possible. ;))

Best of luck! :T
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• mommychaos
    Options
    Hi Please can i join am quite worried about making an inventory as i have stuff in all sorts of cupboards drawers airing cupboards and as OH is constantly telling me am addicted to "products" I jst love them not really a make up kind of girl but the type who takes the lush time to bed to read from cover to cover making imaginary lists of all the products i NEED ha ha!:rotfl:Hope fully joining this may focus my mindand stop my random purchasing of lotions and potions and save me some much needed dosh create some cupbaord space and increase marital harmony!!
    :o Shopping challenge Jan 11 - £350/250 so far!
    :jWeight challenge Jan11
    Saved so far - big fat 0
  • InaPickle
    InaPickle Posts: 5,968 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Welcome, mommychaos! :D As you can see, you are among kinfolk! :D:D

And isn't it amazing how it all adds up? I only had one small drawer full in my bedroom and one large drawer in the bathroom and when I posted my stash, people were goggle-eyed at my wares! I have steadily been using it up since, but there's still quite a lot to go.

Best of luck! :T
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: ???
    No More Buying DVDs: ???
    NMB Toiletries ??? and I've gone back for my Masters at the University of Use Ups!
    P
    roud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family