September 2010 Grocery Challenge - Page 49

New Post Advanced Search

September 2010 Grocery Challenge

edited 28 August 2010 at 9:03PM in Old Style MoneySaving
1.3K replies 86.1K views

Replies

• sistercassistercas Forumite
    4.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    morning :D

I had a NSD yesterday :j

i will nip to lidl today after work as i need some greek yog (£1.99 for 1kg!) and butter

will try hard to keep off the choc whilst i'm there :D:o

i like the sound of the fruit leathers i might have a go
  • Hi just checking in, i haven't tumbled from the wagon i just haven't spent anything since thursday!! which is fab because i was abit worried i was spending too much too quick out of this months budget but to seems to have level'ed off. So 4 NSD's for me so far.
  • sistercas wrote: »
    morning :D

I had a NSD yesterday :j

i will nip to lidl today after work as i need some greek yog (£1.99 for 1kg!) and butter

will try hard to keep off the choc whilst i'm there :D:o

i like the sound of the fruit leathers i might have a go

I LOVE the lidl greek yogurt... yum!
  • majjakmajjak Forumite
    380 posts
    Morning all, just milk and potatoes needed here today. Not even going to look round for any bargains - straight in and straight out, that's my tactic ! :D

Lamb byriani was delicious ! Bit of an oddment but we had Xmas pud and custard for dessert :rotfl: - I found some mini puds lurking at the back of cupboard so thought I'd use them up ;).

I've done my weekly online shop (Mr A) - just over £50 from memory - it'll be delivered tomorrow so I'll upate sig when it arrives.

I shall have to read up on these fruit leathers I think, it'll make a change from jams/chutneys :D
    Save £12K challenge 2015 # 173
    £0.00/£10,000
  • elf06elf06 Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all. Not been on for a bit due to there being nothing to report :j. Have not spent anything since 2nd Sept so thats 5 NSD's :D. This will, however, all change today as there are a few bits I need and I got a CAT from Mr T for £4 off a £30 spend so I will be making the most of this!! Not sure I will need this amount of shopping but I can easily make it up to this by buying things that WILL be needed at a later date (and have no dates on them - wipes, laundry liquid etc).
    I was working at checkouts yesterday (not my normal job but went down to help out) and saw some lovely looking value port chops - now I am not a fan of pork but was wondering if any of you lovely people have any good recipes for pork chops in the slow cooker??? They were soooo cheap and looked so lovely and fresh that I'd like to give them a go - maybe something with apples????
    Anyways enough rambling from me!! Didnt have time to catch up on the whole thread so appologies to anything or anyone I missed :o
    Emma :dance:

Aug GC - £88.17/£130
    NSD - target 18 days, so far 5!!
  • DH got bread and milk last night, so another €4. But that should be it this week. And we didn't have the tomato linguine last night (far too wintery weather for it) so I made a pork chop suey from pork pieces (I had chopped 2 chops into chunks before freezing) rapidly defrosted, a bunch of stirfry veggies from fridge (mushrooms, brocolli, baby corns needing using, mangetout, red pepper), a pack of sauce and a dash of chinese rice wine, and quick cook noodles from cupboard. I keep forgetting about meals like that.

I have the chorizo bake in the oven on teh timer for tonight. But I forgot to keep the bacon pieces for mac'n'cheese later this week, so I may postpone that or else go with no meat (it's fine with just plenty veg, but DH can get antsy about the lack of MEAT!).

Oh well, I might pop into Lidl once I collect DD, to get the bacon and chorizo that I just used up, and some creme fraiche to cool the pot bake for DD.
    GC 2010 €6,000/ €5,897

GC 2011:Overall Target: €6,000/
    €5,442 by October

Back on the wagon again in 2014
    Apr €587.82/€550 May €453.31 /€550
  • Hi everyone,

I hope you are all well :)
    Spent 60.58 on my weekly shopping this morning.. 0.58p overbudget!! :eek::rotfl:
    Had 2 NSD, Sunday and Monday. Also hoping No more SD this week.. but as we all know lol never happens.
    Finally finished redecorating the living room and I loveeee it. Now working on the hall :mad:
    My son starts school next week and his teachers are visiting us tomorrow morning so I am trying to get the place as spotless as possible which is almost impossible because while I clean one bit the kids are messing another one lol
    I better go clean more :rotfl:
    Have a great day everyone
    xxx
    L.
  • hiya everyone,

just checking in, have no spends to report been very good and careful with the way ive been using food & making meals,
    remembering to use most fresh stuff first then frozen/tinned - i use to always take the easy option of using something tinned & all the fresh stuff would go off.

my oh loves mash - would eat it everyone & with anything, so i made loads and put into small portions and in the freezer so i`ll have a easy week now!
    been sort of meal planning & its going very well, last night i made some kebab sticks with meatballs so tonight will be the meatballs with pasta & sauce,

great thread - hope everyone has a good day :)
  • Have just had to update my signature as went to the shop to get dogfood and tinfoil this morning and came back with half price loo rolls, ditto baked beans and some other tins for my storecupboard - oh and I forgot the tinfoil! Will just have to do without it until next week's shop!

My freezer is full - have just about got room to squeeze a fish pie in - tea tonight and making one to freeze as well - and then that's it! I would really like a small chest freezer to store more garden veg for the winter but not sure where we could fit it in. Brambles are going to be ripe here very soon too and will make bramble jelly but would like to freeze some too or maybe will have to bottle them? We ARE eating out of the freezer too, but not as fast as I want to put things in!
    Jan 2011 GC £300/£150.79 (2 adults, 2 teens, working dog, includes food/cleaning/toiletries)
  • rosiebenrosieben Forumite
    5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll have to go to the shops tomorrow as I have a parcel to post and I need milk and plain flour - expected spend less than £5 (I suspect a small bar of choc might find its way into my basket) :D

I just found a really easy recipe for Tasty Lemon Tart which I'll be trying it tomorrow as I have some bottled lemon juice that needs using up; let me know if you want me to add a link to the recipe index

off now to catch up on the thread, good luck everyone :cool:
    ... don't throw the string away. You always need string! :D

C.R.A.P.R.O.L.L.Z Head Sharpener