We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Support thread for parents of pupils sitting AQE exam in November

Options

Comments

• happymummy24-7
    Options
    just to add my good luck and best wishes for the morning to all the kids and parents.
    my daughter has gone to bed hopefully to get abit of sleep but im not holding out much hope for me!!!
    I just hope they all get the scores they deserve.....if my daughter was getting a score on pure hard work and determination alone,we have no probs she would score 100% lol.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :T
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My son is fast asleep without a care in the world, it's me who has butterflies about tomorrow. He struggled with the practice tests at times but his attitude has been fabulous throughout the whole thing and he has worked so hard that I am proud of him whatever result he gets.

Good luck to your daughter happymummy and to everyone else who has a child sitting the exam tomorrow.

Pink
  • Doggies
    Options
    Well the time has finally came! My daughter is in bed from 8, relatively calm and collected. I'm actually not to bad tonight.

They have done the hard work and hopefully it will all pay off.

I'm happy and proud no matter what. My daughter couldn't have tried or worked any harder.

GOOD WORK TO ALL THE KIDS
    (Sleep to all the mummies and daddies) ;)
  • facingthefuture
    Options
    Good luck to all here facing the challenge of tomorrow. My son has been asleep since 11pm...he kept coming out fretting.
    I of course am still awake.....he has been getting around 80% in the practice tests so hopefully tomorrow will go ok. It's the first important test he has faced and he is a nervous child...I would make tea except I dare not make ANY noise in case he wakes.

Tonight is going to cost a fortune on ebay
  • happymummy24-7
    Options
    well everyone.....one down two to go!!
    How did your children find it? Mine came out with such a smile :j she said it wasnt like what she was expecting (she had presumed it would be full of stuff she didnt know...even tho shes learnt it all lol!!) so she was very positive and actually uttered the words it was easy!!! i did keep asking her was she sure she didnt miss any pages out coz she has NEVER said any of the practice test were easy!!!:eek:
    so anyway,we are closer to the end than the beginning and my shoulders can certinally feel it!
    it takes more energy
    to hate than to love...
    love and relax!

• BOBS
    BOBS Posts: 2,871 Forumite
    Options
    Great - 1st one over. DD came out with a smile too - found test easier than then ones that had been done recently in school. Feel as if i can relax a little now!
    [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][/FONT]
  • facingthefuture
    Options
    Thank the lord! Son came out with a smile and saying it was easy. It will give him confidence for the row of tests to come. That said I remember being so convinced myself that tests were easy then going on to get a dreadful score.

As Happymummy said "we are closer to the end than the beginning and my shoulders can certinally feel it!"

I am with you there!!!
  • jogym
    jogym Posts: 9 Forumite
    Options
    Does anyone know what the age related adjustments are?
  • Doggies
    Doggies Posts: 92 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, was going to ask about the age adjustments myself.

My wee girl came out saying it was easy to, which was good. Just hope she hasn't rushed it and fluffed it up because she has been too confident! Couple of her friends said it was ok, but most of them thought it was easy. I think next one may be a bit more difficult though.

No matter what, well done to all the kids! :beer:
  • Ex-Spendaholic
    Options
    Good to hear your kids all got through the day.

Last year's kids thought the first one was easy too which led to a lot of us panicing that they had missed a page out or something. :rotfl:

As for age adjustments AQE will not reveal anything on this. They have been asked over and over again and they keep saying that some "expert" at Queens devised the system and they can'texplain it. :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport