How do I escalate a Vodafone complaint?

Options

Comments

• LorryC_2
    Options
    Apologies for reopening an old thread, but I was looking for a way to end this nightmare. If you ring, if they answer they promise to put it right immediately, and if you email they respond saying they've tried to phone but you didn't answer, and you should ring. I've rung about 12 times and now they don't answer. I'm sick to death of their on hold music and as I'm now PAYG its costing me to hold on.

It all started about 6 weeks ago, when I asked for a number swap. The first 3 people said it would happen the following day, provided I switched the new phone off. It didn't happen, so I went to customer services and complained, and a very nice chap said there had been a fault and all they could do was issue a new SIM for the old number, and this would take a few days. After 2 weeks nothing had happened, so I sent an email requesting their code of practice for complaints and details of the arbitration service OFCOM requires. This was ignored totally, so I sent a copy, only to receive and email asking me to ring. I gave up holding after 20 minutes.

I'm left with two problems. Nobody can ring me, and I have no way of complaining. OFCOM don't appear to deal with complaints (what do they do if they're a regulator) but I shall ask them to monitor this. I shall also endeavour to spread this story across the internet, and I think they have a forum too, especially as "We're passionate about good customer service at Vodafone" and I'm asking a friend at Citizens Advice for help. Fortunately I live near Newbury and was wondering if a personal visit to their headquarters would help.

I really do think that this is appalling

Can anyone suggest anything that would help?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    LorryC wrote: »
    ... I sent an email requesting their code of practice for complaints and details of the arbitration service ...
    >> Complaints code of practice
    It includes the information on the arbitration service.
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Waste of time. They don't follow their own Code - it's there to satisfy the regulators not to do what it says.

Contact the Web Relations Team by sending the usual message via their website with the heading "WRT135".
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    LorryC wrote: »
    Apologies for reopening an old thread, but I was looking for a way to end this nightmare. If you ring, if they answer they promise to put it right immediately, and if you email they respond saying they've tried to phone but you didn't answer, and you should ring. I've rung about 12 times and now they don't answer. I'm sick to death of their on hold music and as I'm now PAYG its costing me to hold on.

It all started about 6 weeks ago, when I asked for a number swap. The first 3 people said it would happen the following day, provided I switched the new phone off. It didn't happen, so I went to customer services and complained, and a very nice chap said there had been a fault and all they could do was issue a new SIM for the old number, and this would take a few days. After 2 weeks nothing had happened, so I sent an email requesting their code of practice for complaints and details of the arbitration service OFCOM requires. This was ignored totally, so I sent a copy, only to receive and email asking me to ring. I gave up holding after 20 minutes.

I'm left with two problems. Nobody can ring me, and I have no way of complaining. OFCOM don't appear to deal with complaints (what do they do if they're a regulator) but I shall ask them to monitor this. I shall also endeavour to spread this story across the internet, and I think they have a forum too, especially as "We're passionate about good customer service at Vodafone" and I'm asking a friend at Citizens Advice for help. Fortunately I live near Newbury and was wondering if a personal visit to their headquarters would help.

I really do think that this is appalling

Can anyone suggest anything that would help?

Hi LorryC,

It's a shame to read about your dissatisfaction but thanks for making me aware of your concerns.

As you've already emailed us previously could you update the thread with your email reference from our automated reply to enable me to get matters followed up?

Failing this could you email me with your details via the link in our profile here?

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it will take you to the Contact us form on our website.

To ensure that it reaches me could you also quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line and once our automated reply arrives update the thread with your email reference number and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • killion_echart
    Options
    Anyone on here have the CEO email address/ contact details, need to escalate a complaint!!!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi killion_echart,

For further help with this, email me via the contact details provided in post 25 above.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Andrewssue1985
    Options
    Vodafone

Went into shop to see about upgrades on the 2/11/14 was told about two contracts but would have to phone to upgrade.

Phoned and upgraded both that evening at around 5pm on the phone.
    Mis-sold my contract as stated I would get 24 months Spotify and 6mths Netflix am being charged for Spotify.

Received phone and added the 6 month free Netflix part of the deal I was promised. All ok. Then tried to add the 24 months free Spotify and was told I had to pay. Not what I was promised. Spoke to a woman called dima eventually from customer relations who said she would send a link to get the free Spotify and she asked for me to email her a copy of the plan I had been quoted from the man in the Vodafone shop. Emailed this to the address given... Nothing... Still being charged for Spotify.

Phoned on 14th to find out what was happening with partners upgraded phone as had heard nothing was told it was an issue with the pre order system and the phone would be with me in the next 3-4 working days. 15m32s

20th phoned again as still no sign of the phone to be told that the upgrade obviously had not been put through by the person on the 2nd and this hadn't been notice on the 14th. The man on the phone then had to put the upgrade through. 54m24s
    Received phone on the Saturday, was told as was a nano sim it would come out with a new sim pre activated to my partners number. Put this sim into the phone to find it was registered to a phillip white who has a lot of debt collectors chasing him. Received numerous phone calls and texts on this number some not nice listed below,
    23/11 22:21 debt text message
    24/11 18:11 message, 18:16 message, 19:31 phone call orange debt, 20:03 debt message, 23:01 abusive call,
    26/11 00:18 debt message

24/11/14 spoke to various advisors as was told by 2 departments that they couldn’t deal with it and was cut off once, spoke to a woman who said she had swapped the sim number over and it should be active within 24 hours and to Turn phone off and on every 15 minutes. 6m25
    25/11 on hold with no one answering at 750pm to be then told past 8 that the centre was closed. Obviously no one could be bothered answering phone 6m57s

27/11/14 12:34pm spoke to a woman who said she would do the same sim switch again and told to leave phone for 5 minutes and turn on again. Still no switch. 1m25s

1.14pm Phoned back now getting irate, spoke to a man who would do the same again said no as wanted it sorting now or refusing to pay bill. Annoyed, he spoke with manager said it was being escalated and I would receive a text message with the outcome. Whilst I was on the phone he did the same number switch for a 3rd time, saying wait 5 minute. Waited 7 minutes and turned phone on whilst still on the phone and nothing still wrong number.., man seemed like he didn’t know what to do. He then worryingly asked which one of the 3 numbers on my account should it be, I said there was only 2 numbers on my account, could he check why there was a 3rd, he went away said he’d speak to his manager again and came back saying he shouldn’t have said it would take 5 minutes it was up to an hour keep switching off and on every 15 minutes if that doesn’t work call technical dept. dodged question about 3 numbers on account. Gave up and signed off 24m38s

As i was worried now I checked my account online there are now 3 phones on there…!

28/11 7:02am mother received a text message on her phone where I havnt lived for 7 years stating that a parcel was on its way and would be with us tomorrow.

09:10am partner went into the shop to see if she could get anymore sense from them was told nothing they could do but they would have a look on the accounts they wouldn’t however disclose anything to her as although she has been authorised on the account for 5 years they said she suddenly wasn’t authorised. They did say that it appeared that the phone hadn’t gone through as an upgrade it had gone through as a cancellation from February and a new phone on the account as well until then. They also said that there was a package on its way again. Wouldn't say what it was.

Phoned at 7 20 Asked to be put directly through it to a manager. Was told after waiting on hold for 13 minutes that they were struggling to find an available manager and the person on the phone would try and sort it out. Had to explain myself yet again as as usual very few notes were left on the account, I was told that I would be put through to the cancellation department to remove the new number. Was told now that I would have to return the phone in order to process the cancellation. But he was going to check this with the person on the other line from the cancellation department. 28m40s so far.
    Another 5 minutes on hold…nothing 36m14 seconds at 6 minutes to closing time an I was…cut off…
    Phoned back but suprise suprise no answer...
    Received the parcel today... A very pathetic attempt to buy me off with a 3 month now TV pass... How insulting.
    I have phoned back today 29th at 4.14 November and asked for a manager to ring back. I have started recording my own calls and have requested for all of my correspondences since the 2nd to be found and sent to me directly. We shall see if this happens.
    I suggest someone gets hold of me as soon as possible to sort this matter out otherwise you will have one very very long list of screw ups heading to offcom.
    P.s it is now 4.45 and no call back what a suprise Vodafone...
    Regards S. ANDREWS
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    Call back... manager... customer relations. You DO make me laugh. This is VODAFONE we're talking about!!!

Web Realtions Team or your saga will continue in ever enlarged circles. Now THAT'S Vodafone.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Andrewssue1985,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

If you still need help, email me with your details via the link in our profile here.

All you need to do is copy and paste the link into your web browser and it'll take you to the Contact us form on our website. To make sure it reaches me, quote the code WRT135 - MSE in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
  • AlbertaGirl
    Options
    Hi
    I upgraded my contract with Vodaphone on July 31 as I have been very happy with them but would like to know how to get my complaint looked at. I have even got to the point of asking for a deadlock letter and being promised a call within 24-48 hours and guess what ?? For over eight weeks now, I have made calls, live chats and visited the branch instore, been promised refunds from the start but they have now taken over £100 more then they should have done in 3 months from my student daughter. How do I get someone to sort this out and pay a refund? I am at the point that if someone tells me one more time the money will be in my account within 3 days, I want to punch them. Any help would be appreciated, the only thing I can think of is to cancel direct debit but don't want to lose service.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure