How do I escalate a Vodafone complaint?

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Nish84,

I am sorry to hear about the issues you have had with these handsets.

So that I can help to get this resolved, can you drop me an email to the address shown here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • chapmanlg
    Options
    I have now had to email your Vodafone customer services team on 22 seperate occasions to try and get to the bottom of why Vodafone are offering me such a poor level of customer service.
    I have been promised on five seperate occasions for a customer service representitive to call me back to discuss my complaint but on each occasions no one calls me back. When I telephone Vodafone customer service and ask to speak with a line manager, I am either told one is not available or the call gets dumped.

I would therefore be grateful if you can let me have the correpondensce address of the director of customer services for UK customers, or someone esle at Vodafone who actually botheres to take customersevice issues seriously.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi chapmanlg,

I have replied to your post under the thread here. I can assure you that we now have your email and will deal with your issue from now on.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • appletd
    Options
    I too have had a frustrating time with Vodafone although the people in the shops have been most helpful but when you try to get an answer from anyone online you might as well forget it .... they seem to be answering from a standard script and are unable or unwilling to deviate from it. Forget asking a direct question!

To cut a very long story short I asked a few months ago in store when I would be able to upgrade my phone. I was told 28th July this year. I checked this again a few weeks back, same answer. I went into the store on the date but was told I could only do this online. Nowhere online could I find out how to do it. I sent an email to be told that I was not eligible until November. I said that instore they said I was eligible in July. I was told

Hello David,
    Thank you for writing Vodafone customer support. I understand that you are not happy with our customer services.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I regret the level of service you received as this is not the way Vodafone believes in serving its customers.
    Your comments about the disappointment are highly appreciated and this will be used as a feedback for our future business.
    The incident you have highlighted will not only assist us in improving the service we provide in the future but it will also be used to further develop and improve our ongoing training program.
    Moreover, I would like to confirm you that you're eligible to upgrade on 26th November 2011 via calling our Sales Team and also I would like to inform you that you're only eligible for the upgrade in last 70 days of your contract end date.
    I hope the above information is useful.

I replied

I have been in to the Basingstoke store yet again and asked when I was due an upgrade. They told me that I am due one instore on the 26th Nov, but that I could have a one time upgrade online from the 29th July. I would have to put a samll amount toward a new handset. I have this all written down by helpful staff in the store.
    Perhaps you could explain this to me, why I wasn't offered it the first time of contact and perhaps you could also waiver the charge as a goodwill gesture for the inconvenience and hassle I have been caused.
    Looking forward to your reply,

Kind Regards,

David

Last reply I got

Hello David,
    Thank you for writing to Vodafone Customer Services.
    I sincerely apologise for all the inconvenience caused to you. I have reviewed your account. As communicated via email, you will be able to upgrade after 26 November 2011. Please note that business customers are eligible for upgrade before 70 days of the end of the contract.
    I again apologise for the inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,

Stuti Shah
    Vodafone Customer Services

Just NOT answering my questions. I sent another email ansking for a direct reply to my direct questions but have been completely ignored. What do I have to do to get a reply!?!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi appletd,

I am sorry to hear that you have been advised conflicting information regarding your upgrade date.

As this is account specific, can you email me directly via the address here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject. That way I can check the correct dates for you.

We do offer an online upgrade within the last 180 days of your contract and over the phone or in stores it is only within the last 70 days so this may be where the confusion lies. Either way, if you get in touch with me I can certainly help.

Best wishes,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • gouged
    gouged Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 5 September 2011 at 11:03AM
    Options
    Vodafone say in their adveritising material that "it's all about me" regarding our relationship. After three months with them it seems it's fairer to say "it's all about gouging me".

I get 25 MB a day in Europe and when I started getting messages saying I was going over my limit, I called Vodafone to check. They said I wasn't over my limit and when I checked my bill later that month, true enough, I hadn't gone over my limit.

So a few weeks later when I was Paris and the same thing happened, I didn't take much notice of the messages. When I logged into my account two days later I had been stung for 500 quid. Who in their right mind would consciously download half a gig for 500 quid in France? When I can get unlimited wifi through Orange Telecom for a month for 20 euros? Answer = no one.

Just spoken to the Billing Dept and they don't care about the fact I called them three weeks earlier after receiving incorrect messages. They just want my money. It's called gouging. And I've had two weeks of anxiety caused by the bill hanging over me.

If they really cared about their customers, why not install the threshold block they have (when you can't go over a certain amount without getting blocked) for ALL customers rather than leaving it as an opt-in to the scheme? I didn't even know the scheme existed until a week ago.

Deutsch Telecom are going to ask customers to pay up-front to avoid customers falling into this kind of trap. But Vodafone aren't interested. They still see overseas roaming as an opportunity to con customers.

Vodafail.

PS - the number I have to call to speak to Vodafone from overseas costs me 50p a minute from Spain through Skype. Why not just give a geographical number on the website rather than a weird mobile one which costs me more?

PPS - I signed up for free 0800/0870/0845 calls when I got my new phone. But that seems to have dropped off the system and when I called them they want me to go into a store with my contract which proves I signed up for it. What you can't see through the system? Vodafail !!!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi gouged,

I understand that you are unhappy with receiving a large bill for usage whilst abroad.

All our charges are shown on our website here. As we don't receive the data immediately, the text is automatically sent to warn you that you are reaching your limit.

If you would like me to look into this for you in more detail, drop me an email to the address here with WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject and include a link to this thread.

Kind regards,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • xnotts
    Options
    Vodafone "My Account" Problems

I too have been having problems with Vodafone customer service. Try as I might to access my account online, I am constantly told that there is a problem with my account. On numerouss occasions I have been in touch with customer service who have advised me that the problem has been rectified and I just need to register from fresh. Each time I am back to square one. When I phone the 191 service and I explain, I am advised that the solution will definitely work this time, but guess what - it doesn't. The customer service front line are polite, but have to stick to their script, technical support have been unable to help and managers don't phone back. I have even tried to speak to someone at head office, but have come to the conclusion that it would be easier to get through to the Prime Minister than to someone who actually cares at Vodafone. Does anyone out there know how to get through to someone in this organisation with any real clout? I feel that I am hitting my head against a brick wall and it is starting to hurt!
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi xnotts,

I will be happy to help with this.

If you drop me an email with your details to the address here and include WRT135 FAO Heidi in the subject and a link to this thread, I will look into this further.

Many thanks,

Heidi
    Web Relations Team
    Vodafone UK
  • gjchester
    gjchester Posts: 5,741 Forumite
    Options
    gouged wrote: »
    If they really cared about their customers, why not install the threshold block they have (when you can't go over a certain amount without getting blocked) for ALL customers rather than leaving it as an opt-in to the scheme?

Overseas billing for calls and data is not in real time and can be 24-48 hours to be provided from the foriegn network to the UK (same for all UK Mobile companies). Opting in to a data bundle overrides the threshold limit.

Even if they had a threshold you could have 24-48 hours of additional use before any cut off becomes active.

The Data traveller is clear, 25mb included then 85p per meg for the next 5meg then £4.25 per 5meg. You get warned you are nearing the limit not over it, and you got the notification and chose to ignore it.

You have my symapthy for the bill but you have a data package on the phone, and ignored the warning you were close to the limit. Its not what you want to hear but in this case it looks like it was you at fault.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure