a whinge about 01792 306900 cold calls

Options
skintdragon
skintdragon Posts: 299 Forumite
First Anniversary Combo Breaker
edited 6 August 2010 at 4:39PM in Praise, vent & warnings
Hi peeps,

has anyone received calls from this number? i have received several this week, and just answered one of the calls. He started harping on about PPI (i wasn't really listening to be honest)- i cut him short and said i didn't want to speak to him and hung up.

Is there any way I could stop cold callers ringing my mobile phone? I am slightly miffed to say the least!!

I have also googled the number but it is not giving me alot of information. :mad:
:mad: Hindsight is a wonderful thing...
:j One of Mike's Mob! yea!!!
F
inally settled full balance of RBS personal loan ahead of schedule on 10th August 2010 :money:

DEBT FREE AT LAST... BUT FOR HOW LONG?! :eek:

Comments

• ehlo
    ehlo Posts: 397 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You can add your mobile to the TPS which will then give you grounds to complain if they continue ringing. If you have a smartphone then you can also download an app which will auto-decline calls from numbers that you specify
  • skintdragon
    edited 6 August 2010 at 4:48PM
    Options
    thanks for that,

just went on TPS site and it appears i have already registered my mobile with them (probably did it many moons ago).

:beer:
    F
    inally settled full balance of RBS personal loan ahead of schedule on 10th August 2010 :money:

• missdee85
    missdee85 Posts: 202 Forumite
    Options
    My partner keeps getting calls from that number saying that its some credit company calling about debts which have to be repayed (he only has student loans and student overdraft) so defo wouldn't be a real call so he told them to go away although not in that wording!!

He also had one from the same number about PPI, changing his contract phone and so many other things from the same number seems to be some sort of sales call centre, not sure if it is all above board however as they ask for him by name but have no other details on him??
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try this number again on Google. There seems to be pages of complaints about it and some helpful information to stop it calling.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just a FYI but your mobile network sell your number to companies.

T-Mobile used to opt your number out if you specified that the phone was being used by someone under the age of 16. Dont know if they still do though!
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that,

just went on TPS site and it appears i have already registered my mobile with them (probably did it many moons ago).

:beer:

Personally I think TPS are a comedy website put there just to make people feel that issues are being dealt with. I have registered my phone twice and still get cold calls.

I just shout f**k off down the phone. Doesn't really achieve anything but it makes me feel better :D
  • Be_Happy
    Be_Happy Posts: 1,391 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    BLT wrote: »
    I just shout f**k off down the phone. Doesn't really achieve anything but it makes me feel better :D

It may make you feel better, but what about the person on the other end. They are probably a youngster struggling to hold down a job they hate, but at least working and not sitting at home doing nothing.

Yes these calls are pretty annoying, but the fault lies with the company, not the person you are talking to. Good manners costs nothing.
  • preable
    preable Posts: 2,114 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    There are alot of pages on google about that number
  • skintdragon
    Options
    yes but on google the origins of the number (besides it being swansea- based) it's a bit non- specific... I can see alot of people have been getting these calls, but it appears they are trying to sell insurance or something. it worries me that they may have access to our personal details.
    F

• BLT_2
    BLT_2 Posts: 1,307 Forumite
    Options
    Be_Happy wrote: »
    It may make you feel better, but what about the person on the other end. They are probably a youngster struggling to hold down a job they hate, but at least working and not sitting at home doing nothing.

Yes these calls are pretty annoying, but the fault lies with the company, not the person you are talking to. Good manners costs nothing.

My manners are normally very good, however after an 11 hour day at work when I am trying to get a cat nap and I get woken incessantly by these bl**dy calls I am afraid I really don't give a damn.

I have tried the pleasant approach and explained that I am registered with TPS, to which they reply 'sorry sir we won't call again. (until the next night)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure