Blue Badge 'police'

Options

Comments

• SandraScarlett
    Options
    Brassedoff wrote: »
    Touch!, sorry for any offence, none meant, none taken.

As for London Eye quote. It's an historical quote. Haig - 1917, France

Thank you Brassedoff, for your "touch", though I would have used "touche" or even "chapeau". :T I feel that you have great expectations of the modern-day educational system, if you think that a 17 year old would be au fait with World War One quotations!

xx
  • Brassedoff
    Brassedoff Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    edited 29 December 2010 at 3:16AM
    Options
    Thank you Brassedoff, for your "touch", though I would have used "touche" or even "chapeau". :T I feel that you have great expectations of the modern-day educational system, if you think that a 17 year old would be au fait with World War One quotations!

xx

Lol, yes I typed touche, but the auto correct on the iPhone has a mind of it's own, so I can blame it for all my grammatical ills!:mad:

Yes, I may have more confidence in the system. Possibly misplaced I fear!

Oderint Dum Metuant
  • Indie_Kid
    Indie_Kid Posts: 23,077 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Brassedoff wrote: »
    Lol, yes I typed touche, but the auto correct on the iPhone has a mind of it's own, so I can blame it for all my grammatical ills!:mad:

The swear filter on MSE does that too. (because people used the accented letters to get around swearing)
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
    Virtual sealed pot #178 £80.25
  • wattdallas
    Options
    It appears to me that there are only 3 opinions that should count and they belong to Brassedoff, wattdallas and pwales. If anyone disagrees with them they are branded as ignorant, stupid and unable to "get it". These 3 posters feel it is perfectly acceptable to be insulting and rude, but nobody else should even politely disagree with them.

Worse still, anyone elses problems pale into insignificance by comparison, and BBs, though issued, shouldn't be used in case they should require the spaces.

Efforts to explain our, or a family member's disabilities, and necessities for a BB space, are shushed away, and people end up trying to justify their useage of BBs. There is absolutely no need to do so. There are none as deaf as those who don't wish to hear.

Everybody is annoyed, and rightly so, when they see a BB space used by somebody not displaying a badge, but we have no right to judge a person's need, or otherwise, because they "look" OK.

Tomorrow, I shall drive my husband shopping, in our new car, courtesy of Motability, park in a BB space, and if he has a problem getting out and stays there, or wishes to return to the car before me, that is absolutely fine. :) I wish all posters a Happy New Year.

xx

YOU are sooooooooo wrong.

My views are the same as the joe public out in the real world.

You know the ones paying for peoples motability cars etc .And yes we have a right to judge ,seems were paying for you.

Ive got no problem at all for REAL disabled people getting DLA and BB but ive got a big problem with people swinging the lead.
    Mum/carer to Dallas who has Aicardi Syndrome,everyday i look at you makes my life fulfilled.
  • Indie_Kid
    Options
    wattdallas wrote: »
    .And yes we have a right to judge ,seems were paying for you.

You do?
    Ive got no problem at all for REAL disabled people getting DLA and BB but ive got a big problem with people swinging the lead.

How many of those people "swinging the lead" have invisible disabilities? I look fine, yet I'm not. You can't know that by just looking at me.
    Sealed pot challenge #232. Gold stars from Sue-UU - :staradmin :staradmin £75.29 banked
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • DanE2010
    DanE2010 Posts: 1,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sh1305 wrote: »
    You do?

How many of those people "swinging the lead" have invisible disabilities? I look fine, yet I'm not. You can't know that by just looking at me.

Plus she fails to pick up on the fact DLA is nothing to do with being unemployed and many people work and recieve DLA - including myself, and if it wasnt for DLA I wouldnt of been able to reduce my hours to enable me to continue working. Working therefore PAYING MY TAXES, you just dont get it do you wattsdallas?!
  • sweetersong
    Options

No, thats not joe public, thats the daily hate (sorry daily mail) readers, big difference
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    YOU are sooooooooo wrong.

You know the ones paying for peoples motability cars etc .And yes we have a right to judge ,seems were paying for you.

Why am I sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo wrong? Both my husband and myself pay tax, and, between us, we've been paying for over 100 years! So, if I am to accept what you say, "we're paying for you", then I assume you are a tax payer, as I am. By the same token, I am paying for any benefits you or your daughter receive. The difference between us being that I don't begrudge it!

Nobody condones people "swinging the lead", but your post implies that my husband is one of those and, therefore, not what you would consider one of the "REAL disabled people".

That is so offensive, but you know what? I feel sorry for you. You appear to have a chip on your shoulder the size of Everest, and until you walk a mile in my shoes, or those of anyone else who posts on this board, you are in no position to judge.

Of course, if you weren't implying that my husband is "swinging the lead", and I have misinterpreted your post, I apologise - as I hope you will do if you were implying that - though I won't hold my breath!

I wish you and your daughter a Happy and Healthy New Year.

xx
  • Indie_Kid
    Options

That is so offensive, but you know what? I feel sorry for you. You appear to have a chip on your shoulder the size of Everest, and until you walk a mile in my shoes, or those of anyone else who posts on this board, you are in no position to judge.

Watt used to post on another forum I post on. Her posts basically came across as "no-one else has a disability but my daughter". She accused me of lying about my disabilities (funny how 3 GPs, 1 physiotherapist and 1 neurologist agree with me!) based on the fact that someone with a different disability (she's blind due to medication. I'm partially sighted due to a genetic disease) said she can't understand why I have the problems I do.
    50p saver #40 £20 banked
  • lucylucky
    lucylucky Posts: 4,908 Forumite
    Options
    I was wrong - this post has not died a natural death, it continues to live on, Zombie like stumbling around to no useful purpose.

Hope 2011 is good to you all.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport