IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Armtrac Security Services

Options
1235»

Comments

• TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    First, find out who owns the land where you go your ticket and offer them a few quid as compensation without admission of liability.

Badger them for a written reply.
    You then check armtrac has a big sign at the car park entrance. I was staggered in Cornwall the other month that three car parks have no signage that complies with their regulator.
  • nigelbb
    nigelbb Posts: 3,797 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You then check armtrac has a big sign at the car park entrance. I was staggered in Cornwall the other month that three car parks have no signage that complies with their regulator.
    There is no private parking regulator all they have is the British Parking Association Ltd which is a trade association that makes up rules to suit their members. It's amazing then that the members cannot even keep to the rules that they made up.
  • dinerodinero
    dinerodinero Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem. We paid for our ticket, put it on the dashboard properly and after contacting them and telling them that I left them properly visible, they send me photos of the incorrect position tickets.

I appealed to them, they said it was not valid. They told me to appealed through the IAS. They also said that if their decision was rejected I will have to pay £100 instead of £60. If I do not pay in 14 days, it will go to court.

May I ask you what happened to your case, please?

Regards
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello,

I am having exactly the same problem. We paid for our ticket, put it on the dashboard properly and after contacting them and telling them that I left them properly visible, they send me photos of the incorrect position tickets.

I appealed to them, they said it was not valid. They told me to appealed through the IAS. They also said that if their decision was rejected I will have to pay £100 instead of £60. If I do not pay in 14 days, it will go to court.

May I ask you what happened to your case, please?

Regards

This thread is two years old. Any information is likely to be out of date so you cannot rely on it to help your case.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Captain_Krunch
    Options
    You've jumped on a very old thread from 2013. You need to start a new thread that's specific with your case. You'll get better assistance that way. However Im local and helping people at the Maritime as we speak. Shame you contacted them and probably revealed you were the driver. They don't do court there so did they actually state they will take you to court or suggest they may? Was the ticket upside down hence incorrectly positioned or other ?
  • dinerodinero
    dinerodinero Posts: 47 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Captain Krunch,
    Thank you for the information, yes I did contact them straight away as I wanted to sort things out. Now I know it was not a good idea.
    Well the letter that they sent me says that it will be referred to Debt Recovery Agents or the County Court.
    The ticket did slip into the dashboard I suppose when I closed the door and also it was windy that day.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You've jumped on a very old thread from 2013. You need to start a new thread that's specific with your case. You'll get better assistance that way.

^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,568 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    to avoid any doubt go to here ....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

and look for the ' new thread ' button ... top left

Ralph:cool:
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,462 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ralph-y wrote: »
    to avoid any doubt go to here ....

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

and look for the ' new thread ' button ... top left

Ralph:cool:

dinerodinero has already started a thread about his/her parking ticket. You even posted on it yesterday. We should all now ignore this thread and hope it falls off the bottom soonly.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts