IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Armtrac Security Services

Options

Comments

• RENEGADE_2
    RENEGADE_2 Posts: 948 Forumite
    Options
    It is very very difficult to get money back with these coagulated lumps of human waste. They are pure evil. They hide behind PO Boxes and CCJs are - sadly to say - too weak by their nature. It involves having to have a permanent address, having to have seizable assets. If you haven't and you owe - "oh well, we tried", case closed.

If magistrates ordered someone to pay a fine (fine used advisedly here) and that person didn't cooperate, he could end up behind bars for hiding and scattering his wealth in accounts of trusted but untouchable individuals.

I'll tell you this much - Armtrac deserve all the bad they can get on this world. I don't encourage flouting either (despite my earlier activities) but whereas I normally allow a PPC-pumpkin to write out a ticket and place it on my windscreen (I stand in the distance laughing), if someone blocked me in with his van, there will be VERY serious trouble for that ape. If the law doesn't help me and have the dirtbag taken away for false detention/arrest (or whichever crime applies), I'll take the matter into my own hands and there will be carnage. Either the officer will get physically hurt, or I'll drive my car into the van to move it by force. When the matter goes to court, I'll have plenty of defence.
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I know its a long shot but maybe a E-petition to make CCJ's binding on companies and partnerships. Its important that they are actioned as a private person but are ignored with impunity by ppc's and others.
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,971 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    shak88 wrote: »
    well its a pay and display car park privately owned and from knowing that the tickets aren't enforceable and admittedly riding my luck not being clamped thats why i park there. it isn't often like i said it's probably once a month if i'm late for work which i accept isn't a good enough reason to do that hence why i do find somewhere else to park normally.

Are there still clamping warning signs up? If so then you are really pushing your luck, I would NEVER park anywhere with a clamping sign even if authorised to park there as clampers are desperate scum who know their practice is due to be made criminal soon.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • peter_the_piper
    edited 17 August 2011 at 6:28PM
    Options
    Just to see what happens I have raised an E-petition and will give the link when its published. I expect Shergar will win the Grand National before anything happens but if you don't try you definitely won't win.
    http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/13213
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looks like the petition closes today!
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Looks like the petition closes today!
    Only if your tardis is a year in the furure.:rotfl::rotfl:
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    only 99,998 to go. 7 days easy.
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Got a parking ticket after parking in a private carpark patrolled by Armtrac on a sunday. I have a pass for that day and that space, but it was not displayed. For some reason I forgot to display it. So I was legally parked.

A reasonable discussion would make a common sense decision. But I see Armtrac are not reasonable.

So the advice here would be to ignore it totally? Or tell them I was legally parked, show them a copy of my pass and then ignore the follow up no excuse letters and demands?
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    N9eav wrote: »
    Got a parking ticket after parking in a private carpark patrolled by Armtrac on a sunday. I have a pass for that day and that space, but it was not displayed. For some reason I forgot to display it. So I was legally parked.

A reasonable discussion would make a common sense decision. But I see Armtrac are not reasonable.

So the advice here would be to ignore it totally? Or tell them I was legally parked, show them a copy of my pass and then ignore the follow up no excuse letters and demands?

You are correct, just ignore. As for being "legally parked". There is no such thing as statute parking law does not apply in private car-parks. So no perceived law has been broken by you.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Our sticky (permanent) info threads at the top of the forum are there for newbies' information and would have answered your questions:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...play.php?f=163

Our sticky (permanent) info threads at the top of the forum are there for newbies' information and would have answered your questions:

Hope this helps.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport