IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Armtrac Security Services

Options

Comments

• williammallen
    Options
    I parked in Tabernacle St Car Park Truro. My parking ticket had expired by 15 minutes and I got a parking ticket from ARMTRAC demanding £80. I wrote to the car park owners and said I would quite happily pay them an extra £1.20 for the time I was over but considered an £80 demand to be extortionate. They wrote back and told me that ARMTRAC are not even authorised to patrol their car park...........! I am still contemplating my next move as I am very annoyed that ARMTRAC have tried to scam me, I am wondering if what they did is illegal, if it is I shall be making a formal complaint to the police for a first stop in anycase.
  • ManxRed
    ManxRed Posts: 3,530 Forumite
    Options
    The police won't want to know, but there may be other avenues, such as Trading Standards, the BPA, and the DVLA.

I would definitely write to Trading Standards, showing them the response from the landowner.

Others will be along shortly to advise on potential complaints to DVLA and others.
    Je Suis Cecil.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Oopsadaisy, did you actually bother to read what was posted?
    Je suis Charlie.
  • Pinkfun
    Options
    I parked in Tabernacle St Car Park Truro. My parking ticket had expired by 15 minutes and I got a parking ticket from ARMTRAC demanding £80. I wrote to the car park owners and said I would quite happily pay them an extra £1.20 for the time I was over but considered an £80 demand to be extortionate. They wrote back and told me that ARMTRAC are not even authorised to patrol their car park...........! I am still contemplating my next move as I am very annoyed that ARMTRAC have tried to scam me, I am wondering if what they did is illegal, if it is I shall be making a formal complaint to the police for a first stop in anycase.

Thanks everyone for comments
  • CombatBarney
    Options
    Armtrac are still at it! I could very well have written the first post in this thread....
    Parked in the maritime carpark in Falmouth a couple of weeks back and bought a ticket, got my 18month old daughter out of the van in a right strop and put the ticket in the window of my van. Went for lunch and came back to find a fixed penalty stuck to my van.
    On looking I found that the ticket I had bought was now upside down about 3cms away from where I had out it.
    I've appealed, which has been rejected (surprise) but did point out a couple of other things such as the reference number on the ticket is the same on both sides so the photo they have of the ticket upside down in the dash is the same as the one I have retained as evidence - proof of actually paying legitimately for parking.
    The letter I received back was comical. Obnoxious in it's content, and actually a little offensive. I've already been told they will be going for debt recovery and that I can appeal to the POLPA if i wish. If I can get a copy of it on here I will!
    Anyone else had any recent dealings with them (armtrac) and has anything changed with regards to how we should be dealing with back?
    I don't fancy going to court incase I get landed with huge costs, but £100 for a parking fine is just ridiculous!!!!!
    Cheers
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,697 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You really need to start a new thread as this one is old now and there could well be confusing advice, given that some things have changed in the past few months.

In your new thread please say whether you've received a POPLA code and are you going to use it for appeal?

If you are (and advice is now that you should as this is the quickest way to get rid of this - and will cost the PPC money along the way, but not you) you will need to do a bit of background reading and drafting of your case. Then you will get more specific advice from here to smarten and sharpen your appeal to give you the very best chance of seeing the PPC off first time around.

Have a look at these:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=21565

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Template-Draft-PCN-challenge-POFA-compliant-version-v2.docx

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=61352199&postcount=20

Also, check your paperwork and deadline dates placed on the PPC, against the criteria here:

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/keeper-liability/

HTH
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    Anyone fighting Armtrac, in particular for the falmouth car park, please refer to my thread here. Armtrac when forced to Popla, do not like revealing the contract etc

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80102
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Anyone fighting Armtrac, in particular for the falmouth car park, please refer to my thread here. Armtrac when forced to Popla, do not like revealing the contract etc

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=80102

Did you see the new thread about this the other day, here on MSE? I pointed the person in the direction of your thread on pepipoo and didn't realise you post here as well!

I mentioned the 'Telegraph contest' in my reply, so the thread can be easily found by searching 'Armtrac Telegraph' I am sure. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • jimjimjeroo
    Options
    hey guys, i parked on the quay next to superdrug in falmouth back in decemeber, I recently through my employer had a demand for £100!

First of all, there were no signs that i saw visible that day, and i had been parking in the same spot for 20 mins every monday for 2.5 years and never got a ticket, upon return i have seen there are signs but at a height and angle you couldnt see them from approach to the quay!

I have so far ignored the demands, but am being badgered by my employer! Also Armtrac are threatening "debt collectors"

what do you suggest? I cant afford £100 today, if i leave it to debt collectors would they agree a payment plan say over 2-3 months or just ignore it all?

cheers
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,963 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2013 at 10:49PM
    Options
    ''PAYMENT PLAN''??!

Are you mad or do you have 'I am a mug' tattooed on your head?! This is a scam and you DO NOT agree to pay debt collectors (they are not bailiffs you know)! :eek:

Why not send a private message to the above recent poster, TBeckett100, for guidance on who to complain to? Get real and get this cancelled if you can be more assertive and less of a complete victim over it. Sorry but I am amazed you can have just read this thread (presumably) and NOT understand that you do not pay this?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport