IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Armtrac Security Services

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,986 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    westman wrote: »
    I have today had the pleasure of a contact with this organisation after parking and finding I did not have change I limped to the bank not 30 metres away to get some. Due to a queue and after opproximately five minutes I returned to my car to find I had been issued a Parking Ticket, it seemed pointless at the time to purchase a ticket as I had already been penalised but I consider the £60 charge extortionate. But as I have not made any payment should I at least make some payment or refuse any payment what so ever and bluff it out.

Don't do any of those things.

Do not contact them. Do nothing, just as you would if you got a phishing email and deleted it - you wouldn't give it the time of day would you?

Same sort of generic scam.

Read the stickies at the top of the forum by clicking on the link to view the whole board that I mention in my signature. Look at the top of this page for the link in question then click & settle down to see Watchdog's advice on PPC tickets and to see copies of the all the letter-chains from these cowboy firms. Then read a few threads that people have posted on the board this week. You'll soon know the score.

Tell your friends never to pay a PPC ticket, never to contact them. Just IGNORE!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Please don't pay them anything at all, the invoice is not enforceable and they will not take you to court as they have no idea who was driving unless you tell them, you have no legal obligation to do so, and all they will do is send the registered keeper spam mail begging for money!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • westman_2
    Options
    Thanks for the advice, I shall await the interesting correspondence.
  • uncle_tone
    Options
    Hi All
    Can anyone help? I was parked in Falmouth Maritime carpark and my ticket expired by 6 mins and they slapped a £60 fine for overstay.
    Should i ignore the letter ,which now stands at £80 ,or should i pay?
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who is they, Armtrac?
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,272 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    uncle_tone wrote: »
    Hi All
    Can anyone help? I was parked in Falmouth Maritime carpark and my ticket expired by 6 mins and they slapped a £60 fine for overstay.
    Should i ignore the letter ,which now stands at £80 ,or should i pay?

Which car park, there are two next to each other one is council the other private, is the ticket issued by the council or Armtrac.
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    does the ticket say,,,penalty charge notice or,,,parking charge notice???
  • shak88
    Options
    Hi

i currently park every now and then on a private car park run by armtrac. it's not often i do but only if i'm late getting to work. i've come back a couple of times and found a ticket on my car which as i've read above is not enforceable and have ignored and never heard anything from them about this. my question is in regards to clamping because i got clamped last year on this car park and had to pay nearly £100 to get it off (ironically i had a ticket on it that day and i was 10 minutes over which i thought was a bit harsh for the sake of 10 minutes) but since then all i have received are tickets and often get told by the guys emptying the p&d machines that i will get clamped. so is it just that i've gotten lucky not to have been clamped again or are they not actually allowed to clamp anymore. if it is that i can get clamped again would i have to pay again like last time or is it something they are not allowed to do and therefore i shouldnt have to pay anything?
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So you deliberately park where you know you are not allowed to? That's not something we condone.

However re: clamping. No it's not outlawed yet so assuming there is adequate signage, they would be quite entitled to clamp you.

It is possible to get money back, but involves jointly suing the clampers and the landowners. However seeing as you at least appear to be deliberately trespassing you might not succeed.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • shak88
    Options
    well its a pay and display car park privately owned and from knowing that the tickets aren't enforceable and admittedly riding my luck not being clamped thats why i park there. it isn't often like i said it's probably once a month if i'm late for work which i accept isn't a good enough reason to do that hence why i do find somewhere else to park normally.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure