IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

highview parking ltd fine!

Options

Comments

• Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    I'm convinced that many people pay just to stop their partner whinging on about the letters.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • justanovice
    Options
    percy wrote: »
    Hi, today I received official looking letter from Highview advising of parking charge for overstaying at a local retail park. Having read other posts on these so called fines it seems the advice is to ignore. Sorry but I am being a scardy cat! The letter states " in accordance with the terms and conditions, clearly and prominently displayed and agreed to when you parked on our clients private property a payment of £75 is required," they offer a discount of £25 for prompt payment. I have to admit I was parked for over 4 hours, but did not notice the signs and anyway why would I not take that long at a retail park with lots of shops? The bit about " terms and conditions" is the worrying part and the letter also states they are operating in accordance with the British Parking Association Code of Practice. They also quote a VAT number which makes me wonder is they are legit.
    Any comments gratefully received thanks

I too have received a parking charge notice from this comany for overstaying on a small retail park. Unfortunately hubby is registered owner whilst I was driving and is panicking as letter addressed to him. Have you had any comeback from ignoring their letters? I have just received the reminder and they are now threatening to register debit and additional charges. I keep reading the posts and think we are ok to ignore but hubby isn't so sure and now he's making me doubt.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    I too have received a parking charge notice from this comany for overstaying on a small retail park. Unfortunately hubby is registered owner whilst I was driving and is panicking as letter addressed to him. Have you had any comeback from ignoring their letters? I have just received the reminder and they are now threatening to register debit and additional charges. I keep reading the posts and think we are ok to ignore but hubby isn't so sure and now he's making me doubt.

Please don't fall into their trap, these tickets are completely unenforceable and are just invoices, they can only go after the driver of the car because they are the ones who breached the alleged contract, how will they know who that is unless you tell them? Your husband does not have any legal reason to tell them.

They will not take you to court because who do they issue court papers too ? And they would lose because its illegal for a private company to issue a penalty, basically all your husband needs to do is ignore them and their bogus debt collectors and equally bogus solicitors.

There is no debt, there is no reason to contact them, ask your husband to read some of the 2000+ threads on here, most of them are about people in your and his postions, enjoy keeping your money.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • el_gringo_2
    Options
    Hello

I got parking fine from Highview a few months ago. I took the advice from this & other forums also the article on BBC Watchdog & ignored it.

I recd 3 letters from Highview in total each got more threatining. I recd the last letter from them about 6 wks ago.

However, over the last 10 days i have recd 2 letters about this "fine" from an outfit called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. The 1st threatened attachment of earning order, bailiffs etc.

The latest says that as i am avoiding payment & if pymt is not recd in 7 days they will refer the matter bk to Highview to start court proceedings & they give a list of projected charges if it goes to court.

They also say i can go to their site & see a list of successful CCJs they have obtained.

What do you think, has anyone had dealings with this lot & should i keep ignoring this.

Thanks
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 6 November 2010 at 10:09PM
    Options
    el_gringo wrote: »
    However, over the last 10 days i have recd 2 letters about this "fine" from an outfit called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd.
    Continue to ignore, Debt Collectors have no powers. It's just more scare tactics. Chances are if you compare those letters with the old ones the address will be similar, these outfits often set up their own Debt Recovery company in order to try scare people more, saving them the cost of getting a proper debt collection company to do the job. They send letters with the PPC company then from their Debt recovery company at the other desk opposite in the same office.

They could only ever do any of the things they state if they take you to court, as they will not take you to court, or if they do they won't win, then you have nothing to be concerned about.

http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/ccj/ I don't know of any way of verifying the case numbers but either they're default judgements (no defence entered into) or not relating to Private Parking Company invoices. Notice no mention of court on their parking invoice page http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/debt_upt/
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Complete garbage, they can't get an attachment of earning unless they've been to court and they win, and you refuse to pay what the judge says so, also ccjs cannot be applied for willy nilly, they would have to again to court, the link they provide is a complete fabrication and they are lying scumbags, really your best advice is to ignore !
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Given that they refer to the Stephen Thomas case in this link http://www.debtrecoveryplus.co.uk/news/detail.php?Parking-penalty-just-Judge-rules-7 you can be safe in the knowledge you'll have the last laugh if you continue to ignore, they're guaranteed not to do court.

Just added a helpful link to their facebook page as Dis Gusted http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=156641579556&v=wall
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,791 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2010 at 10:47PM
    Options
    However, over the last 10 days i have recd 2 letters about this "fine" from an outfit called Debt Recovery Plus Ltd. The 1st threatened attachment of earning order, bailiffs etc.

The latest says that as i am avoiding payment & if pymt is not recd in 7 days they will refer the matter bk to Highview to start court proceedings & they give a list of projected charges if it goes to court.

Thanks

Those letters from Debt Recovery Plus are already shown on our thread 'PPC letters & scams, what to expect' which is at the top of the forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

You could have found the pictures of those letters ages ago and seen which letters come next. Sorry to be stating the obvious but I find it hard to understand why you're reading the letters so seriously, they are just a debt collector and their letters are already shown in detail on our letters thread? Already linked in a reply to another victim in post #19 just above yours.

Read up on it and just play snap with each matching letter. Get on with your life as normal.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    What do you think, ....should i keep ignoring this.

Why would you stop ignoring it?

Are several thousand posts telling you to ignore, not enough??

What exactly would convince you?? [I ask this as a genuine question, since there are posts everyday on here asking 'Is it really right to ignore?']
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • I have just received a letter from Highview accusing me of over staying a local shopping centre car park's regulated 4 hours by 2 hours and 6 minutes.
    However, I actually stayed in the car park for no longer than 2 hours and later returned to the very same car park to exchange an item in one of the local shops. It looks like the cameras were "turned off" so to speak for 4 hours in the afternoon ;)
    Nevertheless, after reading all of your very helpful posts I have decided not to pay as they cannot prove that I was driving the vehicle, they cannot prove that I was actually parked at all (the still images are snap shots from video footage of the vehicle moving) and I have obtained other video footage of the vehicle in a totally separate town in-between the times I had supposedly breached the "terms of use" which I never signed for in my life ;)
    The law is very simple when it comes to terms and conditions, they are ONLY ever enforceable if you have physically signed a piece of paper with them clearly stated.
    I urge no one to fall for this scam! Keep hold of your wallets in these tight and uncertain times!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure