IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

highview parking ltd fine!

Options
15678911»

Comments

• tinhps
    tinhps Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Hi,
    Apologies for maybe not following all the possible threads on this subject. I had a similar experience to many and in search for advice found this forum and took the advice posted by many to ignore the PCN. I have now recieved a debt recovery letter and as the company involved is a member of BPA, I can continue to ignore the demands or appeal to POPLA. Having researched POPLA, my reasons for appeal do dot fall into their categories on their website so my only options is to continue to ignore it. I did not tell the company my reasons for not wanting to pay the charge although to appeal to POPLA I should have done this initially The vehicle involved in this "contravention" was on loan and I have no way of identifying the vehicle as I have no knowledge of the Registration number. The company has obtained my details from the vehicle owner who did inform me of his action, but as the owner has several vehicles which are available for loan, I have no knowledge or proof that the vehicle in question was driven by myself. Is the onus on me to prove that I was not the driver having been named as such by the owner?
    Where do I stand legally please?
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Err...

This thread relates to the situation around tickets back in in 2010. So if that's when your ticket was issued, the advice is just fine and a POPLA appeal is quite out of the question.

If its a more modern ticket, you should start your own thread to get the current position.
  • THEGRINCH_3
    Options
    Hows about the company taking more notice of people who actually do pay for parking and still get DEBT collection letters. :mad: I also still have the tickets. When I rang this company they just said can't help and I need legal advise..... well that's when I joined the forum....... thanks everyone who posted. :D
  • wattywatt
    Options
    Highview fined me £50 if I paid up within 14 days. That was just before Xmas, now they have threatened me using debt collectors and the fine is up to £149.99.
    The BPA code says they have to have entrance signs but this car park had none and even the internal signs were not very visible from where I parked. I've sent them photographs but they ignore me and simply up the pressure and the fine. They even said to me that clear signs are in place at the entrance of the site when there are none!
    I've spoken to Citizens Advice Bureau as suggested by POPLA who rejected my claims because I had registered them with them after the 28 day deadline. Which, incidentally had never been mentioned before in the email trail.
    I warned them I was going to invoice for my wasted time and have done so.
    What do you think? Should I be worried?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    wattywatt wrote: »
    Highview fined me £50 if I paid up within 14 days. That was just before Xmas, now they have threatened me using debt collectors and the fine is up to £149.99.
    The BPA code says they have to have entrance signs but this car park had none and even the internal signs were not very visible from where I parked. I've sent them photographs but they ignore me and simply up the pressure and the fine. They even said to me that clear signs are in place at the entrance of the site when there are none!
    I've spoken to Citizens Advice Bureau as suggested by POPLA who rejected my claims because I had registered them with them after the 28 day deadline. Which, incidentally had never been mentioned before in the email trail.
    I warned them I was going to invoice for my wasted time and have done so.
    What do you think? Should I be worried?

Please start your own thread!
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    wattywatt wrote: »
    Highview fined me
    No, they didn't.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=65528210#post65528210

Same advice to you. Read the threads from today instead of from 2012/13!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • SHERLOCK221
    Options
    According to the Liverpool Echo Highview parking has been suspended by the DVLA due to the"serious nature" of complaints made against them in Halton.
    In my opinion any charges issued by these thieves should now be cancelled with immediate effect.
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Hi, thanks for that .....but .... it would have been better if it was a new thread , instead of being tagged onto the back of an old one ;)

Ralph:cool:
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    According to the Liverpool Echo Highview parking has been suspended by the DVLA due to the"serious nature" of complaints made against them in Halton.
    In my opinion any charges issued by these thieves should now be cancelled with immediate effect.

Here is the article:-

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/incoming/parking-firm-suspended-dvla-over-9660026
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure