IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

highview parking ltd fine!

Options

Comments

• miiicra
    miiicra Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Dunno why you wrote to them. Just ignore them!
    Hi

I was given advise and give standard letters to them... now they have written back and stating I must pay £115 and they will take legal action. I dont know what to do now need help please
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Of course they won't take legal action. This is just another example of their hollow and meaningless threats. Just keep ignoring
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Which bit of 'ignore them' is so difficult to underdstand???????????
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • give_them_FA
    give_them_FA Posts: 2,998 Forumite
    Options
    If I threaten to take you to court will you give me £115? No? Why not? I am more likely to do it than they are.

Unless they own the land or have beneficial occupation of it they CAN'T take you to court. And they do not! See through their scam!

Now, let's talk about the £115 you owe me for this advice.....
  • LincolnshireYokel
    Options
    miiicra wrote: »
    Hi

I was given advise and give standard letters to them... now they have written back and stating I must pay £115 and they will take legal action. I dont know what to do now need help please

What you need to do is read the thread and all the others carfully.

They cant take legal action. They have lost several courts cases that has totally pulled the legs of their cash cow.

They have NO METHOD of enforcing thre alleged debt, apart from scaring and conning you. They cant take you to court, they have no case.

So IGNORE IT ALL,ITS COMPLETE UNENFORCEABLE RUBBISH!!!
    **** I hereby relieve MSE of all legal responsibility for my post and assume personal responsible for all posts. If any Parking Pirates have a problem with my post then contact me for my solicitors address.*****
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 9 June 2012 at 5:55PM
    Options
    Hi

Gawd knows who advised you to write to the scammers. Not the CAB by any chance?! They haven't a clue that their advice on this subject was written by the parking companies and is biased and wrong!

You are just getting standard template letters - same as we all get when we get another one of these fake PCNs - they really are very easy to ignore. Some people here collect loads of these for fun! All the letters can be seen as picture previews, in an info 'sticky' thread near the top of the parking forum.

You could have been expecting their letters by now and it would have saved you a lot of worry to see it's the same as one of our example letter pictures. There will be no legal action. There will be no Court (Highview never have). There will be no bailiff, no CCJ and no effect on your credit rating. NOTHING AT ALL.

Did you not read any other threads or the info on the forum, surely not only this 3-page long, rambling thread with more than one case on it? We have so much info on here to help you understand and be ready for the letters, if only you had read the forum more when you first came here. Anyway, why not do so now?

See my signature for the words to click on, in order to take a step back and see the whole current thread list (did you think this old thread was the only one about the fake PCN scam or Highview? Oh no it isn't!!).

One click & you see all current threads here, most of which are about the 'fake PCN' scam. Third from the top, click on 'PPC letters & threats'.

1. Watch the Watchdog clip on there, and then

2. scroll down to the pics of Highview's threatograms, then

3. Play a nice game of snap with each matching templated threatogram, then

4. Tell your friends & family about the fake PCN scam so they never pay one.

HTH - and you should then be able to find your way around any forums better. The main info is always one click from any thread. :)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • miiicra
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    They have no right to demand that information. Don't forget they are not the police of the council, just some tin-pot private company. From now on ignore these clowns.
    Hi Althel
    thanks for the response, it does worry me as they are still persistently contacting me.. I am going to ignore the letters but have fear they may turn up at my door with bailiffs.

thanks again
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nothing to fear. Keep up the good job of ignoring.
  • LincolnshireYokel
    Options
    Hi Althel
    thanks for the response, it does worry me as they are still persistently contacting me.. I am going to ignore the letters but have fear they may turn up at my door with bailiffs.

thanks again

They cant turn up with bailiffs, you are confusing bailiffs with debt collectors.

Debt collectors are random private bods who have set themselves up as 'debt collectors'. They have no legal power, and no authority,

Bailiffs can only arrive if there is a court case, which you attend, lose, and then dont pay the court order in 28 days.

And thats never likely to happen due to a the fact a series of cases in court has completely demolished the scammers already tenuous claims its legal.

There tickets are unenforceable, illegal, and they cannot in any way compel or force you to pay a red cent. Alll they can hope to do is scare you into believing their rubbish by sending you scary but toothless threatograms, with no legal merit.

So ignore them, its all rubbish.
    **** I hereby relieve MSE of all legal responsibility for my post and assume personal responsible for all posts. If any Parking Pirates have a problem with my post then contact me for my solicitors address.*****
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Althel

thanks again

People like you should pay up, then you can stop fretting.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure