IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

highview parking ltd fine!

Options

Comments

• taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Good ignore everything from them ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    The_Slithy_Tove Posts: 4,024 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 14 January 2012 at 4:01PM
    Options
    I have just received a letter from Highview accusing me of over staying a local shopping centre car park's regulated 4 hours by 2 hours and 6 minutes.
    However, I actually stayed in the car park for no longer than 2 hours and later returned to the very same car park to exchange an item in one of the local shops. It looks like the cameras were "turned off" so to speak for 4 hours in the afternoon ;)

This is a very common scam undertaken by the PPCs. If I were cynical, I would say that their computer algorithms deliberately work on a first-time-in/last-time-out basis, and conveniently forget the other to-ing and fro-ing, considering the number of times this complaint comes up.

If you were daft enough to appeal (which I know you won't be), they would have you jumping through all sorts of daft loops to prove you left and returned, where their own gathered evidence would tell them that if they only bothered to look.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Well they had me parking at a tesco for about 9 hours, the fact that a vehicle tracker could prove my whereabouts didn't stop them trying it on, my company appealed for a laugh as they know its a scam, got a very good fleet manager who put the leasing company straight ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Who is on here got a ticket for overstaying by something stupid like 3 days?
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Parking Eye tried to scam me for staying in an Aldi car park for 28 hours. When I came in I had a trailer and when I left I was minus that trailer. Funny that.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • tazo101
    tazo101 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have recieved one of these letters and if you overstay, even if buying goods from the sites, you SHOULD PAY the fine, but better still DO NOT USE THE CAR PARK!

It is not good enough for you to spend money in the shops. I was down at Wembly shopping and I was lucky to find a spot there. All you people there buying stuff almost made me have to find somewhere else to park.

When I got the Letters i wanted to pay fines/summons/debt straight away but just mislaid my credit card, now where is it?

Can anybody contemplating paying help me out if I send the letters onto you? Will you pay them if I say pretty please? :A
  • bondy_lad
    bondy_lad Posts: 1,001 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cant fathom what exactly your point is? but if you have recieved loo paper in the form of a parking charge notice, do what you usually do with loo paper,when finished,press,flush and wash your hands,,in other words ,,ignore,,,your point re,,paying,,, no we wont pay,,because its a fake ticket/scam,,in other words loo paper,,the end,,good bye.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,793 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    tazo101 wrote: »
    I have recieved one of these letters and if you overstay, even if buying goods from the sites, you SHOULD PAY the fine, but better still DO NOT USE THE CAR PARK!

It is not good enough for you to spend money in the shops. I was down at Wembly shopping and I was lucky to find a spot there. All you people there buying stuff almost made me have to find somewhere else to park.

When I got the Letters i wanted to pay fines/summons/debt straight away but just mislaid my credit card, now where is it?

Can anybody contemplating paying help me out if I send the letters onto you? Will you pay them if I say pretty please? :A

What are you talking about please? No-one here contemplates paying a PPC! No-one should pay a scam like this!
    -
    You got a fake fine = ignore it then.

Other people, even overstayers, should also ignore these fake PCNs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • tazo101
    tazo101 Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sarcasm lowest form of wit, but hopefully somebody will get the point that these are a scam, as people dont seem to get the point from just being er,,, told.
  • AltheHibby
    AltheHibby Posts: 733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tazo,

You were a touch too sarcastic and came across as a bit of a Perky. Sorry. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure