We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Halifax Clarity Card Launch Today!

Options

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    This is an interesting read very informative:

http://www.lloydsbankinggroup.com/media/pdfs/halifax/2010/070710HxClarityCutthecostoftravelmoney.pdf

I think i want one of these cards ;-)
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • SuiDreams
    SuiDreams Posts: 2,393 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi, got the referal when I applied on line got a letter today to say I have been accepted and to sign credit agreement and return, but it doesn't seem to say what the limit is.
  • Dave_®f©
    Dave_®f© Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    SuiDreams wrote: »
    Hi, got the referal when I applied on line got a letter today to say I have been accepted and to sign credit agreement and return, but it doesn't seem to say what the limit is.

I got the same letter and phoned them. They can confirm the limit by phone. They said they can't increase the initial limit or reduce the APR.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

I think if you look at the writing under the "do not mark below this" line, in the footer of the agreement to sign and return, the first few numbers are the limit :o
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    I think if you look at the writing under the "do not mark below this" line, in the footer of the agreement to sign and return, the first few numbers are the limit :o

In that case I think I've got a £6500 limit.
  • Jammi
    Jammi Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    izools wrote: »

I received an agreement form to sign and return and was curious to know what my limit is. Couldn't find it anywhere on the forms. Then saw your post ten minutes after I had sealed the envelope.:(
  • SuiDreams
    edited 20 July 2010 at 11:58AM
    Options
    Has anyone recived their card yet? How long after sending back the signed agreement did you get the card?

I'm hoping to use this to increase my the cash back I get every month. Especially as you only need to spend £300 (after any refunds) to qualify for the £5. if you only spend £300 this is equivalent of 1.67% cashback, £500 1% and £700 7.14% etc etc. I plan to spend approx £300-£350 per month on the card (spending slightly over the £300 incase of any refunds) and then out any additional spending on my Capital one World Master card or my Egg Money card and getting full 1% on additional spending. One of which will become my online only purchases card as barclaycard will be closed due to cashback decreasing in August. Does this sound like a good plan?
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Has anyone recived their card yet? How long after sending back the signed agreement did you get the card?

I'm hoping to use this to increase my the cash back I get every month. Especially as you only need to spend £300 (after any refunds) to qualify for the £5. if you only spend £300 this is equivalent of 1.67% cashback....,

I plan to spend approx £300-£350 per month on the card and then out any additional spending on my Capital one World Master card or my Egg Money card and getting full 1% on additional spending. One of which will become my online only purchases card as barclaycard will be closed due to cashback decreasing in August.

Does this sound like a good plan?
    Yes, I think so. I plan on doing the same (and have all the other cc cards you mention!).

The only slight enhancement is that the OH has also been approved (in her own right) and so I'm planning on doing two lots of £300 between us on Clarity (per month) and the remainder on Egg Money.
    :beer:
    Scrounger
  • INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got a welcome letter saying my card is on it's way.

The letter also confirms you can't choose the colour, shame as the white card looked really sexy!
  • SuiDreams
    Options
    INT1 wrote: »
    I got a welcome letter saying my card is on it's way.

The letter also confirms you can't choose the colour, shame as the white card looked really sexy!

Thanks, How long did it take for you to get the Welcome letter. I had also choosen the white Card online (mainly so it looked different to my other cards), shame I won't be getting that one. Do you Know what it will look like?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport