We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Halifax Clarity Card Launch Today!

Options

Comments

• armyoftwo
    armyoftwo Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    H guys,

Just thought I would share the information I got from one of telephone advisors at HBOS CC Services.

Basically spoke to the advisor and informed me that people with an existing Halifax CC are going to be able to transfer/trade their existing CC account to the Clarity CC account within the next few weeks.

Was informed customers should be able to trade their CC’s by the middle of August.
  • Chris2000
    Chris2000 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Any idea what happens before mid-August? Will the new application be declined or will it be opened as a second card? My existing card is the old Clear card (the one that was originally made of transparent plastic but alas no more) not the One card that is specifically mentioned in one of these threads.

Also can anyone confirm the interest free period for purchases? The summary box just refers to section 3.4 of the T&C which again doesn't specify the length of the interest free period.
  • Jimmyc
    Jimmyc Posts: 171 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sounds amazing.

Can i get one in pink?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've applied and been approved with a reasonable limit.
    Having been refused a Santander Zero 6 weeks ago.

I've noticed that Halifax (BOS) collection account doesn't accept Faster Payments, so have opened an Easycash Account. Am I right in thinking i can FP to the Easycash to make an internal payment and it it will arrive sameday?

Also does anyone know if the same account be available on the BOS, as I would prefer to swap for that brand if available for a like for like basis
  • joface
    joface Posts: 95 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just for those who have applied and got the 'we'll be in touch within 10 days' response. I got this response a few days ago when i applied online and today have received a letter to say i have been accepted. So it's not necessrily bad news if you don't get accepted immediately.

Thanks to the OP, going to NYC in August so this will come in very handy :j
  • Azrael_1701
    Azrael_1701 Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    Heng_Leng wrote: »
    I've applied and been approved with a reasonable limit.
    Having been refused a Santander Zero 6 weeks ago.

I've noticed that Halifax (BOS) collection account doesn't accept Faster Payments, so have opened an Easycash Account. Am I right in thinking i can FP to the Easycash to make an internal payment and it it will arrive sameday?

Also does anyone know if the same account be available on the BOS, as I would prefer to swap for that brand if available for a like for like basis

even from internal accounts, the credit cards cant take FPs
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options

Don't know one way or the other for certain, but I'd be surprised if it does become available on BOS. They are moving the two brands further apart from each other.

What's the problem with it being Halifax branded?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was thinking more as it would be an internal transfer.
    Once FP are enabled, I would dump the Easycash.
    even from internal accounts, the credit cards cant take FPs

Not a problem as such, just would be nice to have a BOS card abroad.
    Unless i'm in Nova Scotia, Halifax won't mean much...
    rb10 wrote: »
    Don't know one way or the other for certain, but I'd be surprised if it does become available on BOS. They are moving the two brands further apart from each other.

What's the problem with it being Halifax branded?
  • Azrael_1701
    Azrael_1701 Posts: 450 Forumite
    Options
    I was thinking more as it would be an internal transfer.
    Once FP are enabled, I would dump the Easycash.

It is still processed as an external transfer even from HBoS accounts.
    100% G33K
    :D:D:D:D:D
  • jambosans
    jambosans Posts: 1,493 Forumite
    Options

You best read my experiences applying for the Clarity as a Bank of Scotland customer on page one of this thread.
    Anything I post is my opinion, so from time to time I may be wrong. I try to provide answers based in fact, however I don't know everything, so (like all posters on MSE), take what I say with a pinch of salt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport