We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Halifax Clarity Card Launch Today!

Options

Comments

• INT1
    INT1 Posts: 1,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 14 July 2010 at 3:08PM
    Options
    I was accepted as I did not get an instant decision when I applied online.

A shocking APR of 21.9% though and only 2.5k credit limit. I will certainly make sure I settle in full each month!

Think I will be closing some more of my dormant cards down too as this is a shocking interest rate.
  • antuk
    antuk Posts: 361 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Has anyone received their card yet, this seems to be taking a long time to process compared to some of the other applications in the past...
  • td_007
    td_007 Posts: 1,212 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    antuk wrote: »
    Has anyone received their card yet, this seems to be taking a long time to process compared to some of the other applications in the past...

Got the paper work to sign- have returned in post and have not heard anything till date i.e day 4.
  • costaerer
    costaerer Posts: 648 Forumite
    Options
    I want this card! Was unsurprisingly declined!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    could it be the physical cards that are holding it up?

i cant tell if they are actually an X shape kinda like the Mint cards with a curve or if they just have an X design printed on a standard card.
  • Dave_®f©
    Dave_®f© Posts: 228 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't get automatically accepted online but got the letter in today with the acceptance. £3800 credit limit (£8.5k less than my One card) and an interest rate of 17.9% :eek: !

They can shove the credit agreement where the sun don't shine seeing as I never got the 12.9% rate.

Was looking forward to the free fivers too along with my three rewards account fivers!
  • INT1
    Options
    Dave_®f© wrote: »
    I didn't get automatically accepted online but got the letter in today with the acceptance. £3800 credit limit (£8.5k less than my One card) and an interest rate of 17.9% :eek: !

They can shove the credit agreement where the sun don't shine seeing as I never got the 12.9% rate.

Was looking forward to the free fivers too along with my three rewards account fivers!

Yeah I got 21.9, but if you can make a fiver each month and settle in full-who cares :p
  • INT1
    Options
    For info too, I applied once only and it shows 2 searches on my credit file.
  • adam91_2
    adam91_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    The card is the normal credit card shape unfortunatly!!!

:(

Haha!

Adam
    I work for Lloyds Banking Group. (Halifax).
    However my posts are my sole opinion. Please don't assume my opinions are facts and please don't assume i am advising you on certain products.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,107 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Apparently you can't pick the colour its.

It's the blue cross on a white background.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport