i'm new to this, please be gentle with me!

Options

Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    thanks Kathfisch that'll certainly help! Am sooo tired. been listing loads more books on amazon, bored now is a bit of a slog!! I'll keep this post updated with my success (or, although i hope not, failure) stories. the motivation is there, the ambition is there, sadly at the moment i'm not!!!:rotfl:
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • CFC
    CFC Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again babe, I'm really sorry to hear that your parents are selling the house you're attached to. I were you I would myself be quite upset at having my home sold out from under me.

If you intend to live in their next (bigger) house, get a house-sharer in right from the start. By the time you split the rent and bills with them, you'll be much better off. It will also stop you getting too emotionally attached to the place as well, as you'll see quite clearly that it isn't 'yours'. If your parents are not agreeable to you sharing the house, then find somewhere else cheaper if possible, and they can have the hassle and expenditure of a commercial let. They might tell you they are doing you a favour - well you are doing them one too, because insurance and bank loans on buy-to-let places are not cheap, plus tenants often mess a place up. It works both ways.
    Save your pennies, pay off your debts - one day you'll have your own place that is really yours.
  • CEL_3
    Options
    Hi Pania,

Re your car, Have you had chance to take it to the garage re the problem? I can only confirm prev post to say get it checked out as it could be very simple job but if you wait could be a lot worse.

What i can say is that just because its and MG dsnt mean its worthless they may not be a trading company but types are still selling for good money at the moment.

How old is yours and what type this will give me an idea of vaule and poss probs with it!

Keep smiling you can work this out

CEL:beer:
    Lightbulb moment August 2006

Debts

Natwest Credit card £1900
    TSB Gold Card £3293.45
    M&S Card £1295.99
    Natwest O/D £1000.00
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    pania, has only just occurred to me - re your staying in hotels - if you book holiay in express through pigsback you get 1500 points - 1150 points get you a £10 Boots voucher. You can still use your HIE loyalty card if you have one (& if you haven't, get one - points soon build up, I have enough for 4 nights away)
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • pania
    Options
    CFC wrote:
    Hi again babe, I'm really sorry to hear that your parents are selling the house you're attached to. I were you I would myself be quite upset at having my home sold out from under me.

If you intend to live in their next (bigger) house, get a house-sharer in right from the start. By the time you split the rent and bills with them, you'll be much better off. It will also stop you getting too emotionally attached to the place as well, as you'll see quite clearly that it isn't 'yours'. If your parents are not agreeable to you sharing the house, then find somewhere else cheaper if possible, and they can have the hassle and expenditure of a commercial let. They might tell you they are doing you a favour - well you are doing them one too, because insurance and bank loans on buy-to-let places are not cheap, plus tenants often mess a place up. It works both ways.
    Save your pennies, pay off your debts - one day you'll have your own place that is really yours.

Hi Guys, Gosh so much advice and loads to catch up on. not posted recently as has been bit of a crazy weekend, potentially back in the singles pond, any big fish out there?!?!:rotfl:

Thanks for all the support,:o Yes having the house sold was a massive blow, was hoping the man would be my house sharer, possibly look elsewhere now!! Would be good to share the bills may be able to save some money then!! the book selling is going great, done 6 so far.
    Would love my own bricks and mortar!! being a trainee mort advisor i see so many young people buying properties for £200k +
    strengthens my resolve that that'll be me one day!!

Managed to get an account with natwest so going to war with the abbey for my bank charges. Also nationwide retrospectively. Does anyone know how far back you can go historically?

Still being chased for the silly bills, momentarilly thought of taking out a stupidly samll loan for stupidly high payments through one of these guaranteed credit companies:eek: luckily i slapped myself firmly round the ears... they'll just have to wait!!!
    Sorry for all the exclamation marks, is kinda one of those days!!

Re the car, the problem was diagnosed 2 weeks before MG went bust, it was covered by warranty but MG cancelled as had overbooked for the day. Then MG went bust and will now cost me 1000:eek: to get done. I don't have that money.
    It has done about 56K miles and has a small and i mean tiny dent just above the wheel arch. also has a key scratch along the wing and slightly on bonnett would cost £100 to get sorted.

If you have an idea how much it may go for (not expecting much) then let me know. Still need a car for work so need enough left over for that.

Thanks to everyone thats been prepared to offer their time and advice. particularly CFC. jobbing musician and kathfisch and others. xx
  • CFC
    Options
    How long have you had the car?

MG or Rover owners with manufacturer warranties who believe they have a claim under the warranty should in the first instance take up the issue with the dealer or supplier from whom they bought their car.

Warranty or no warranty, consumers have their normal rights under sale of goods legislation to expect that any goods they buy (including cars) be of satisfactory quality. Responsibility in relation to these rights rests with the retailer, not the manufacturer.

If goods or services have been bought via a connected finance agreement, the finance company may also be jointly liable (with the supplier) under the contract of sale. Consumers may be able to look to the finance company to put matters right where the supplier has failed or is unable to do so. This might also apply where the provision of a warranty formed part of a transaction paid for or part paid for with a connected finance agreement.

Have you looked into this side of it?
  • pania
    Options
    Hi CFC and good morning.

No sadly not. When the company went bust i spoke to the dealer who had previously just changed to toyota.
    Was told it did not matter that it was subject to a warranty. It expired along with the company and they had disassociated themselves frm MG. Spoke to a local rover dealer who told me the same. Spoke to my finance coming (lots of speaking going on in this sentence!!:rotfl:)who told me that it was down to MG!!! hence thought i had no where to go so gave up:confused:
    Think i may have a problem as i've not maintained the car from a service point of view due to finances but it's worth a go hey!

Have a good day and happy money saving.:p
    Pania
    xx
  • CFC
    Options
    Yes it is worth a go. The retailer is responsible.

In fact, one thing worth mentioning to them is that you feel that they have tried to limit and/or take away your consumer rights. This is actually a criminal offence now. Mention of that normally puts the wind up them.....

I think you are in a position to go back to the garage you bought it from, explain that they fobbed you off when you asked them to do the work and you find now that they did have a responsibility and that they misled you about that responsibility, possibly deliberately.

If necessary, put it into writing and send it recorded delivery. Say you are awaiting their response, which you anticipate will include an agreement to complete the work which should have been completed at the time.

It's not entirely straightforward because it depends on how long you had owned the car when it went wrong, but if you buy a new car you certainly expect trouble free motoring for a subtsantial period of time.

If they are not willing to help, speak to Trading standards, and tell them you're going to do that.
  • pania
    Options
    Hi CFC

Thanks for that i'll certainly give it ago, the poor old girl is sounding like a can of rusty nails so need to get some thing sorted out!!

Bit concerned about the lack of service record, do you think that'll impact on it at all?

Have a good day now
  • pania
    Options
    well guys heres an update as things seemed to have slipped a bit.

I've reclaimed my life from churchwood and this month have paid my creditors directly from my account. they were all very nice and approachable (wait to see how long that lasts) and said they are happy for me to pay directly.

I am v v v v v concerned though. I've not overspent this month, infact have been incredibly frugle but i've only just got enough to pay nationwide what they want. That'll leave me £40 for the rest of the month.
    That'll be to get to work eat and pay any other horrible bills that may come forward.

quandry 1) do i tell nationwide i can't afford the full amount, give em a token payment of £50 and leave myself a bit more to get by?
    2) I have a sizeable overdraft on my account and £77 charges pending. am considering launching action to reclaim all my old charges against the abbey so do i transfer my wages to a new natwest account and let abbey do their worst, add them to the list, or stay with them?
    3) Pay nationwide the full amount but have nothing left to live on or....
    e) none of the above?

Help!!!!

on the plus side amazon account for £20 able to be grabbed on 19th so should help a bit.
    Happy money saving one and all (ps have spent £8 today, all on amazon postage!)
    Pania
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport