i'm new to this, please be gentle with me!

Options

Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    Quick update for all of you that have given me advice.

Spoke to CCCS this morning. They have worked out that I am able to give my creditors the princely sum of £50!!!! Not to sure that they'll accept that and hopefully may be able to do slightly more. eeek.

Have a couple of agencies chasing me for money but taking the attitude now that it'll get paid some time. Nothing i can do about it. I'm all round much more relaxed now and less tearful.

I'm looking at grabbing an account to get away from my current overdraft. Is a shame to have to do it as Abbey are really quite good but needs must etc.

Thankyou to everyone that has advised and helped me. Hope one day i will be in a position to do the same for someone else.

If anyone notices anything i've missed or have any further ideas then please keep them coming.

Now onwards with the debt fighting!!!
    xx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • CFC
    CFC Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again Pania, have you had a heart to heart with your parents about what you can afford to pay them yet?

Really glad you've spoken to CCCS. And well done on your first sale.
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    pania wrote:

Hope the jaw abscess is getting better will the NHS take it now?

Long story! :rotfl: The latest is that I wrote to my MP, who recommended PALS. PALS found out the clinic I'd been referred to had been struck off :eek: (and hadn't told anyone). They recommended another clinic, and (after queuing for another appt) clinic no. 2 say they only accept referrals for people who are dental phobic.

Have written to MP again.........:rolleyes:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • pania
    Options
    Sounds V complicated, more importantly though have you cured the abcess!!
    atleast you got a response from your mp thats positive!

Just checked quidco account, tracking at £64!!!! Free money i love it!
  • pania
    Options
    Hi CFC,

Have spoken to the parents unfortunately is a no can do situation. They have a mortgage to pay on the property and thats the lowest they can go. Is understandable as i wouldn't be able to do it with a normal landlord. So still plodding on!!! Have managed to pay all my bills this month (excl water and outstanding car balance!) and saved myself £30 by going direct to my creditors, all of whom believe it or not are over the moon i'm considering CCCS!!!
    Have discovered quidco etc and signing up for every free deal i can find! every little helps.
    Thanks for posting CFC, Have a great day
    xx
  • CFC
    CFC Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Hi again Pania, well I think you should either look around to see if you could get into a shared house that would be cheaper (depends on your area) or alternatively get a lodger in to share the house with you.

I understand your parent's position, but that doesn't mean that when you're in difficulties yourself you should end up paying the mortgage on an investment property for them...does that make sense?
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    Hi pania, I'm glad to hear you've had a good chat with cccs, I think you'll find that creditors are more willing to listen to them and believe what they say than if it came from one of the other (fee-charging) companies. Did they give you any idea about the process of switching and whether this could cause any extra charges etc? I'd hope not because cccs really have got a good reputation!

Good stuff about the book selling... its only one now but soon there'll be another... and another :)

Good luck with getting a basic bank account and claiming your charges back... it can be a long process but well worth it. It might seem a shame to leave abbey but they've been charging you these fees which are considered punitive and so you should definitely claim them back!! A few years down the line.... when you're all sorted and money-laden.... then you can take your business to whoever you want!! :T

Kath x
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
  • pania
    Options
    HI CFC

Yes that sadly does make sense, particularly as they just bought a bigger house with bigger bills!! as i've lived here five years doesn't make it easier that house has just been sold when really it's my home but ce la vie. trying so hard to stay positive and not get down. Leave that for middle of the night, hence am still awake now!!:rolleyes:
    Have sold another book on amazon and listed a few more. was allowed to use the franking machine at work for postage today so quids in there yay!!
    :T
    Thanks for the post CFC, oh to be money laden!!! It will happen one day then off to NZ for me lalala.

anyone wanna come to? :rotfl:

I've managed to open an account with Natwest as a step account. have posted a thread under the budgeting and current accounts bit to find out exactly how i go about claiming and finding out historic details of charges (have preferd to bin them rather than read then previously) :eek:

thanks for your support CFC is greatly appreciated. :beer:
  • pania
    Options
    kathfisch wrote:
    Hi pania, I'm glad to hear you've had a good chat with cccs, I think you'll find that creditors are more willing to listen to them and believe what they say than if it came from one of the other (fee-charging) companies. Did they give you any idea about the process of switching and whether this could cause any extra charges etc? I'd hope not because cccs really have got a good reputation!

Good stuff about the book selling... its only one now but soon there'll be another... and another :)

Good luck with getting a basic bank account and claiming your charges back... it can be a long process but well worth it. It might seem a shame to leave abbey but they've been charging you these fees which are considered punitive and so you should definitely claim them back!! A few years down the line.... when you're all sorted and money-laden.... then you can take your business to whoever you want!! :T

Kath x

Hey Kathfisch, thanks for all your posts. :T
    would love to get an acc with thousands in it, that would show money stealing Abbey a think or two! :D :j

CCCS were fantastic. it's shown me really the way things are. i can't continue how i was and think over the last week my eyes have been opened greatly.
    They have worked out that i am currently in a defecit situation so think i have to work my socks off at work for the extra commision and to do well. It's acheivable just gonna take a bit of hard work. :o

Hope all is going ok with you and you're money saving. It's a slog but think of our pride when we get there!!:rotfl:

Lots of luck and best wishes
    PAnia:beer:
  • kathfisch
    kathfisch Posts: 3,042 Forumite
    Options
    pania wrote:
    have posted a thread under the budgeting and current accounts bit to find out exactly how i go about claiming and finding out historic details of charges (have preferd to bin them rather than read then previously) :eek:

This is the place you want for all bank charges info: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/bag.php

It a very good site (supported by this one!) that has all the info you could need and step-by-step instructions. There are lots of other people on there to discuss their problems and successes - I believe it is grouped according to which bank you are claiming against. Its got articles and a forum just like this one and, by all accounts, is fab!! There's also a thread for dfws claiming back their charges, here.

Lots of reading for you!!! :rotfl:
    Don't stress, relax, let life roll off your backs. Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... Avenue Q
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 003 :DProud to have become debt free... and striving to keep it that way
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure