i'm new to this, please be gentle with me!

Options

Comments

• pania
    pania Posts: 8,258 Forumite
    Options
    PS if anyone has any advice on where to sell my ring (other than ebay it would be very very useful.

Thanks xx
    debt @05/11/11 £12210.63!! slowly chipping away!!
    :heart2:impossible is nothing.:heart2:
  • pania
    Options
    ok heres an update....

Rang telewest, minimised tv package to £5.50 per month.
    Discovered this months bill would be £57:eek: due to the other halfs internet obsession!!:mad:

Rang other half, has agreed to pay £20 towards the bill and agreed to £5 month if is sign up to the fantastic suggestion above:beer:

Rang talktalk, can go ahead once telewest cancelled. Free line rental and free local and national calls:T Think that's taken care of the telewest bil should now be £10.50 plus a few calls reduced from £40!!

Rang Council to pay tax, spoke about reducing payments. Stupidly mentioned the house has been sold so no can do on that one. :undecided

Have also called CCCS. they were great. Have given me an appointment over the phone for weds but are very positive they can get my creditors to accept a lower amount for now until i've got myself straight and with the commission i earn can save to pay debt off quicker.

Just about to log 30+ books onto amazon and green...erm... what was the name again? May get v boring so wish me luck!!

I know i keep saying it but thankyou. to everyone who's posted for me over the last few days. I thought there was nowhere else i could go and nothing more i could save on. I came home from work early as feel awful with a nasty cold. went to bed and slept soundly for the first time in a very long time.

anymore ideas let me have em, i like this ball and want to keep it rolling.:rotfl:
  • pania
    Options
    tyllwyd wrote:
    Another option for selling books is http://www.greenmetropolis.com/

They don't sell for very much money, but you can state the condition, and I found it a bit easier to get started than for Amazon. One thing you have to watch out for is the postage - if you don't ask for the right amount when you list the book, your profit can go down to pennies.

hello, tyllwyd thanks for the above. thought i'd go for a double pronged attack and have listed 13 books on both sites. Tired now. thanks again. pania
  • jobbingmusician
    Options
    That's really great, glad you found V21 suggestion useful. The only thing I'd caution you is to keep track of your hours - I had the 6 hours a day option from them, and unbelievably I used nearly all of it in spite of working full time!!!:eek:

But then, I was in love*, and have subsequently married the man I spent quite a lot of time chatting to....:j

*still in love, actually.....:heart2: :heart2: :heart2:
    I was a board guide here for many years, but have now resigned. Amicably, but I think it reflects very poorly on MSE that I have not even received an acknowledgement of my resignation! Poor show, MSE.

This signature was changed on 6.4.22. This is an experiment to see if anyone from MSE picks up on this comment.
  • rog2
    rog2 Posts: 11,650 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pania wrote:
    PS if anyone has any advice on where to sell my ring (other than ebay it would be very very useful.

Thanks xx

I put a genuine Rolex watch on Ebay, two years ago, and it only attracted a bid of £150.00!!
    I took it to a local jeweller and he gave me £1,400.00. Maybe that is best road for your ring.
    I am NOT, nor do I profess to be, a Qualified Debt Adviser. I have made MANY mistakes and have OFTEN been the unwitting victim of the the shamefull tactics of the Financial Industry.
    If any of my experiences, or the knowledge that I have gained from those experiences, can help anyone who finds themselves in similar circumstances, then my experiences have not been in vain.

HMRC Bankruptcy Statistic - 26th October 2006 - 23rd April 2007 BCSC Member No. 7

DFW Nerd # 166 PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBTS
  • CFC
    CFC Posts: 3,119 Forumite
    Options
    Best of luck Pania and a big fat well done on what you've achieved today.
  • pania
    Options
    don't worry jobbingmusician the boyf is under STRICT instruction!!! good to hear yoiu're still in love, makes life all the easier.

Thanks CFC is great to be able to tackle the problems and have the support to do so can only go upwards from here!!

Have tried a few jewellers but they all seem quite happy to rip me off. Have had one offered to put it in his window FOC so think may try that.

If i can return the assistance to anyone else then i'd be happy to do so. :rotfl:

just got the little debts to tackle now but may just send a fiver each to get them off my back for now.

have a good day all.
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    pania wrote:
    hello, tyllwyd thanks for the above. thought i'd go for a double pronged attack and have listed 13 books on both sites. Tired now. thanks again. pania

When you sell one dont forget to remove it from the other site! I made this fatal error and now Ive been banned from amazon :eek:
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • pania
    Options
    Poor you thats a bit harsh!!:o
    have they banned you for log. I hope not!!!
    thanks for the warning though really hadn't considered that part of it!!!i still have a lot to learn:rolleyes:
  • lynzpower
    lynzpower Posts: 25,311 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I found amazon a baffle in any case, and I am a fan of green metropolis in any case.
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills