We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part V

Options

Comments

• onefortheroad_2
    onefortheroad_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2010 at 10:58PM
    Options
    here you go they went and now they have come back i dont need any more credit lol

capturehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.jpg
    silver limit £1000 jjb limit £250
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    here you go

x
    Thanks that's interesting :) So you've certainly got that, if you applied?

And 12 months 0% - hahaha!! More chance of me learning to fly than being given a 12 months 0%! I'm going for http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/clarity-rewards.asp when I apply. It's the only one I've got any chance of getting.
  • onefortheroad_2
    onefortheroad_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 31 August 2010 at 11:04PM
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »
    Thanks that's interesting :) So you've certainly got that, if you applied?

And 12 months 0% - hahaha!! More chance of me learning to fly than being given a 12 months 0%! I'm going for http://www.halifax.co.uk/creditcards/clarity-rewards.asp when I apply. It's the only one I've got any chance of getting.

that the one i will go for in a year time or so i like the way they give you £5 a month
    silver limit £1000 jjb limit £250
  • Zack1
    Options
    that the one i will go for in a year time or so i like the way they give you £5 a month
    Surely if you're being offered 12 months @ 0% now that's a better card (in terms of credit scoring) than the £5 a month one? Yes they would give you £5 a month if you spend £300 (but then they get merchants fees from you spending so much....) but if you don't pay completely they get 21.9% interest if they put you on the worst tier... Don't know if that's actually the case mind, just my ideas... The clarity rewards seems to be easier to get than the student one though so I'm going for it! Will see what pops up in my online banking, if anything....
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    NatWest haven't credit searched me even though they say they have and it's been 'provisionally approved'. Hmm...
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    TheEffect wrote: »
    NatWest haven't credit searched me even though they say they have and it's been 'provisionally approved'. Hmm...

Have you checked Equifax? They normally do Equifax first then the AVU do Experian ;)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • TheEffect
    TheEffect Posts: 2,293 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    Have you checked Equifax? They normally do Equifax first then the AVU do Experian ;)

I don't monitor Equifax, so that would explain why.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Perchance you also have much fewer than 30 searches on Equifax hence the approval? The AVU probably won't throw it out when they search Experian and see them, they'll just be looking for adverse and address links, fraud, whether you were accurate on your application form etc.

You'll probably be fine :beer:
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • Zack1
    edited 1 September 2010 at 12:34AM
    Options
    Cap1's cards have now been updated to reflect 1st Sept.... Doesn't seem to be anything new, just changes to what they offer

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/progress-credit-card.jsf

That one takes a lot longer to cut the rate down, but I assume I'm still governed by the original terms? Shame they don't fancy giving me a limit increase though! That one is potentially better, but if you had 36 months flawless history to get your rate down to 17.9% I assume you'd be knocking on the door for 0% or other cheap deals by then with normal banks etc!? I certainly hope I am within the next 2 years, student or not!

Classic looks the same. "One rate" now exists, don't know if that's new or has replaced one card. I was on there earlier (when all the old stuff was still displayed) and there were 4 and still are 4. The cashback card looks the same, it's stupid anyway! Perfect history.... with Capital One, seriously!?!?! If you had "perfect history" (20k income, house, 21+ & previous credit) then I'd strongly recommend you're with a company other than cap1 :rotfl:
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »
    Cap1's cards have now been updated to reflect 1st Sept.... Doesn't seem to be anything new, just changes to what they offer

http://www.capitalone.co.uk/creditcards/progress-credit-card.jsf

That one takes a lot longer to cut the rate down, but I assume I'm still governed by the original terms? Shame they don't fancy giving me a limit increase though! That one is potentially better, but if you had 36 months flawless history to get your rate down to 17.9% I assume you'd be knocking on the door for 0% or other cheap deals by then with normal banks etc!? I certainly hope I am within the next 2 years, student or not!

Classic looks the same. "One rate" now exists, don't know if that's new or has replaced one card. I was on there earlier (when all the old stuff was still displayed) and there were 4 and still are 4. The cashback card looks the same, it's stupid anyway! Perfect history.... with Capital One, seriously!?!?! If you had "perfect history" (20k income, house, 21+ & previous credit) then I'd strongly recommend you're with a company other than cap1 :rotfl:

What idiot would want to wait 3 years for an apr to shrink to 17.9%,if you keep your payments up to date and keep applications to a minimal,give it 18 months and you would be eligible for a better card than cap 1 with maybe very good promotional rates as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport