The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part V

Options

Comments

• PARIS_5000
    Options
    marilyna wrote: »
    My confusion is how can I meet the behaviour score for a loan and overdraft, but not for the card? I have never been able to get the card, but can get loans and an overdraft.

What is your behaviour score ?
  • marilyna
    marilyna Posts: 150 Forumite
    Options
    When I checked last week it was 48. However it has been 70+ before, and still can't get a CC. What I don't get is why telephone banking tell me I have been pre approved, I go through the application, and then am declined.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    When I checked last week it was 48. However it has been 70+ before, and still can't get a CC. What I don't get is why telephone banking tell me I have been pre approved, I go through the application, and then am declined.

Even if you've been pre-approved they can do a soft search with Call Credit and / or Experian.

When did you last check your credit file for nasties?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • marilyna
    Options
    izools wrote: »
    Even if you've been pre-approved they can do a soft search with Call Credit and / or Experian.

When did you last check your credit file for nasties?

Checked my file with Experian and Equifax yesterday. I have signed up to Call Credit, but they say they have to send me a PIN first, in the post before I access my report.
  • PARIS_5000
    Options

So you apply for the credit card when you behaviour score was 70+ and they still said no this is very strange maybe try another bank.
  • marilyna
    Options
    Yes, but they are happy to give me personal loans and an overdraft.
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 1 September 2010 at 6:54PM
    Options
    Yes, but they are happy to give me personal loans and an overdraft.

Clearly, as you have proven, from being declined for their credit card, that isn't relevant.

It might all become clear when your Call Credit file appears :) (Edited that bit - sorry, missed your above post)

Just because there's no adverse doesn't mean you'll get it - they may have "criteria" outside of the credit scoring; is the capital one card the only other card you've got? How long have you had it?
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • marilyna
    Options
    I have some unsettled defaults on my Experian and Equifax, but they were there when I was approved for my personal loans over the years, and my overdraft. I have never looked at my Callcredit, and am waiting for them to send me this blasted PIN.

Capital One is the only card I have, I got it last month. I applied for Aqua last month, was approved, received my PIN, am waiting for the card now.
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Ooooh the PIN issues for Sygma are rather funky! Unlike this stupid Natpest ones where I needed 3 before it would work! This one at least clearly says the PIN and spells it out for you!
  • izools
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have some unsettled defaults on my Experian and Equifax, but they were there when I was approved for my personal loans over the years, and my overdraft. I have never looked at my Callcredit, and am waiting for them to send me this blasted PIN.

Capital One is the only card I have, I got it last month. I applied for Aqua last month, was approved, received my PIN, am waiting for the card now.

Well there you go then. You've got adverse credit which is most likely against the criteria HSBC set for credit cards.

All credit products are scored differently with different criteria.

Like you've found out, just because you fit the criteria for a loan and / or overdraft doesn't mean you fit the criteria for a credit card.

Once that adverse is gone, or atleast settled, you know you'll be in with a better chance.

There's no point getting upset or whatever about it, it's just the way it is and there's a perfectly reasonable explanation - unresolved adverse credit history.

Just have to bide your time like all of us climbing the credit ladder do :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure