The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part V

Options

Comments

• Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    3 look to be cancelling their SIM Zero deal :( Just checked my account, I've got 13 months history on it, but if they close it to existing customers too then I won't have a choice but to close that one! It was fun while it lasted :P
  • fairmorn308
    fairmorn308 Posts: 1,530 Forumite
    Options
    Good Evening all.

Quick question - If the tax man asks to see your bank accounts, Is there a way he can find out how many accounts you have and with what bank? ie a credit search?
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Zack1 wrote: »
    3 look to be cancelling their SIM Zero deal :( Just checked my account, I've got 13 months history on it, but if they close it to existing customers too then I won't have a choice but to close that one! It was fun while it lasted :P

Zack, where did you see that?
  • Zack1
    Zack1 Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Options
    Bosie wrote: »
    Zack, where did you see that?

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2688995 in that thread. On the 3 site it's no longer listed under some pages where it used to be (however there is a way to get to it, one of those links does load, the others throw errors up, and going manually certain ways throws errors up). I haven't had a letter about it or anything though, thought if they were making changes they'd have to notify all current credit customers, whether they use the account or not.... ?
  • Bosie
    Bosie Posts: 1,215 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for the info Zack;)
  • onefortheroad_2
    Options
    Good Evening all.

Quick question - If the tax man asks to see your bank accounts, Is there a way he can find out how many accounts you have and with what bank? ie a credit search?

yes .they can look without asking you and freeze them
    silver limit £1000 jjb limit £250
  • fairmorn308
    Options
    yes .they can look without asking you and freeze them

Can they search for offshore accounts and freeze them?
  • onefortheroad_2
    onefortheroad_2 Posts: 183 Forumite
    edited 1 September 2010 at 10:36PM
    Options
    Can they search for offshore accounts and freeze them?

yes they can you have to tell the taxman about any offshore accounts you have if you dont they will think your trying to get out of paying tax

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/offshoreaccounts/index.htm

You may have to pay UK Income Tax, but if you've paid foreign tax on the income you may be able to offset (deduct) this
  • fairmorn308
    Options
    yes they can you have to tell the taxman about any offshore accounts you have if you dont they will think your trying to get out of paying tax

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/offshoreaccounts/index.htm

You may have to pay UK Income Tax, but if you've paid foreign tax on the income you may be able to offset (deduct) this

I understand but does a offshore account show on ur credit file?
  • onefortheroad_2
    Options
    I understand but does a offshore account show on ur credit file?

the offshore banks give info to hmrc of anyone who lives in uk and they have to give the info by law
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport