PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Good afternoon everybody.
    Well dentist early this morning -- Oh how I hate mornings! But no treatment needed so not so bad!

Then a little look around town-- I sidestepped that doormat I can tell you --- Sorry Jayden -- must have bumped my head when I wasn't looking!!

Well thanks for advice and encouragement re squares. I am sure, in fact I know I could do the ones I have been trying but rows of what I call single crochet leave me cold!
    Quite liking the manly colours for a change though.
    I must say quilting is beckoning to me too -- Butterfly brain, be calm!

Well its as windy as well, I am not sure, but certainly a good kite day.
    So I have just cooked a big pan of chilli and a big pan of bolognaise sauce for a Lasagne so the kitchen is smelling delicious -- Which is making me hungry so lunch it is!!
    Lots of love and gentle thoughts to all wherever you are -- May we do miss you x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • finequine
    finequine Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Thinking of you Elaine and sending (((hugs))) you seem to have had such a lot to deal with lately.
    hope you are all (like me) enjoying the school holidays....hmmm just seems to be endless sewing,name tapes yukk
    Chalky, I really wanted to thank you for posting the cheesecake recipe,my son (14) is now your number 1 fan. I managed a couple of slices of the last one we made and he scofffed the lot. Hollow legs!! It really is tasty and more'ish we have been making it with fresh raspberries.
    I have been knitting a few of the Aids jumpers for Loving Hands,great TV type knitting. I bought a book this morning, Crochet for Dummies,off to have a coffee and a read through,wish me luck!
    Take care
    Arlene x
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Arlene -- Thank you so much for kind comments on the cheesecake. DD2 akas rabbit!! cooked it and I agree it is delicious.
    Well I have sat down calmly this afternoon after peeling The Book off the wall and I thought "stop being such a drama queen,it's only crochet!!" So I have decided to adapt the bobble pattern by making a chain of 25 chains( which measures 6 " and then count how many rows of proper double crochet to make a square . With my tension its 23 and then make the bobbles when and where I want for the design. Easy peasy and so much quicker than all that what I call single crochet malarky. My Dil must have the patience of a saint.
  • mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone

Windy and threatening to thunder today so I've kept my Livebox off for most of the day, just in case! Honestly, I really think I'm getting obsessively paranoid about it but I so hate it when I'm offline due to one fault or another that's beyond my control.

Anyway, I didn't sleep too well last night so I've just had a long snooze and now feel a little more 'up' for it!

Despite the weather, I managed to get a couple of linefuls of washing dry. I also did the ironing this morning; that's a minor miracle in itself these days. I'm sure it's only the thought that we would end up going around France naked that makes me do it!

Woolwise, I'm crocheting a little baby doll (from an Etsy pattern I bought recently), for a birthday present for Summer. DS2 Skyped last night and I could see that she is getting into baby dolls so the timing is right! Mind you, the way she was dragging around the buggy makes me think that, right now, she would not make a very good mother! Bless her, she finally has her first tooth, with another one coming through!

Chalky - glad you didn't need any treatment; I love dental visits like that! These days the charges can be more painful than any treatment! I must admit that I find single crochet in rows boring, too, but the doll I'm making is just that! Still, it involves shaping so that breaks up the tedium, and the fact that it's being made for someone precious!

I've managed to find some buttons for the sandals I've made for Summer, too, so, when they have been attached, I will post a photo. I'm really pleased with how they've turned out. I've used a lovely pewter grey colour with hot pink, but I don't have enough left to make a little cardi so I'm making a headband to match instead.

Finequine - good luck with the Crochet for Dummies!

Elaine - I wasn't exactly superbusy this afternoon - I was snoozing on the sofa!

Anyway, early dinner for us because the guests who have been staying in the holiday home we look after have left this morning, so I will nip out there this evening and check the house out. I thought they were going on Saturday for some reason.

We've been invited for a meal with friends on Sunday - they live in a fascinating house about an hour away; a new-build designed to look like a mini chateau. If they don't mind, I'll take some photos to show you all!

Anyway, off for a cuppa.

Hope all those who are MIA are having good days, and lots of (((hugs))) for those in need.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :mad::mad::mad: Just did a huge post and lost it...this darn thing decided to update itself, I told it to wait for 10mins but did it listen....obviously not !!!

Right here we go again,

Met a friend in Birmingham for lunch and it was yummmm, a choice of 2 starters 3 mains and 3 deserts we opted for Melon plate,Turkey dinner and Coffee and mandarin gateau for me and Chocolate fudge cake for my friend, and worth every calorie it was too. But best of all it was only a fiver each.:T
    O and my friend gave me a huge bag of assorted wool all different colours and textures which will be ideal for mittens and handwarmers, the odd bits I will use for IS hats.

Almost finished the ripple blanket for my sister just a few more rows then lay it out on a spare bed or hang it, I find some of them tend to stretch a bit, depends on the yarns used I think (or maybe how relaxed I am when doing them):rotfl: then I will do the edging, so another couple of weeks and I can give it to her.

OH has just come in he took his car in for MOT this AM it passed :j and this PM has been fitting the first of 4 VolksWagon camper's out for DS1, so they are ready to take to Van Fest in September.

Arlene - good luck with the Dummies book, I find them very useful;)
    chalky - oo lucky you I hope I get away lightly on my next visit:)
    dpixie - see you Sunday:wave:
    kathy - hope you enjoyed your snooze and did'nt drop any stitches(like I usually do);)
    Elaine - I know what you mean about shops,I can't be doing with some of the big new centres,except in small doses ;) I don't mind taking Mum to the local shop's though because she can get around and loves to just mooch about for a bit, but after an hour or so she has had enough.

Looking forward to a nice relaxing night with some crochet, hope there's something worth watching on TV.

enjoy your evenings everyone, and :wave: to MIA's hope all is well with you.
    Anne
    x
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    MrsTwins parcel on its way to you I posted it yesterday and forgot to let you know :o sorry

Anne
    x
  • sock-knitter
    sock-knitter Posts: 1,630 Forumite
    Options
    evening all, been busy getting as many things as possible finished before the boys break up for the big school hos
    ISOM, glad things are settling down for you re work
    kathy, we keep getting thunder storms here in yorkshire, then next minute sun comes out, the weather is so unpredictable right now
    pippa the lunch sounds lovely, and a real bargain too
    PSSO, thinking of you and your family, (((hugs)))
    chalky, hope you not bruised after the naughty doormat incident lol
    well my friend with the wool stall rang me earlier, and told me the wool i had ordered off him had come in, i said can you save it til next week, as i dont have time to call into town before the weekend, he kindly delivered it to my house on his way home :)
    have just booked myself a ticket for the knitting show in harrogate in nov, so something exciting to look forward to
    hugs all
    shaz xxx
    loves to knit and crochet for others
  • chalky_75
    Options
    Lovely to see you posting Shaz -- You sound busy! I do hope you have a happy peaceful summer with your boys.

It is now official Jan Eaton and the 200 squares book and I have divorced. The situation is amicable but definite.
    I was getting more and more despondent and I even thought the manly colours looked like a muddy pond so its over and the new rippling has begun. I had forgotten how lovely it is and its NOT square!!

Be back tomorrow x
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Aww chalky sorry to hear that divorce is on the menu! Have to say that I am definately a visual person and love looking at them but rarely get further so I may divorce too!! Have to say that I love the beyond the square book as soooooo pretty and lots of different things.
    Thanks for good wishes re work. Still waiting to hear where I will be but am off for occupational health visit tomorrow so will have a better idea of when i return then. I want to reduce my tabs and get used to being out more before I go back...I still find I get anxious if I am out too long...today went out for a few hours, came home and slept from 3.30-7!
    Elaine what are they like trying to fit major surgery in like that! Mind you good to be given the choice to get it over I guess?
    like chalky i may be divorcing - debbie bliss cardi requires telapathy or learing by osmosis. Needless to say my friend at big knitters helped and after some unpicking its on the go again...I'll be done by weekend I hope.
    Hello DP - hows the move going?
    Miol poor you re livebox - its your link to the outside world so no wonder its important!
    oo enjoy knitting show sock knitter!
    finequine yukky nametapes! Used to be a boarder so had them on everything!
    ok must off for bed before i sleep at lappy!
    Does anyone have Mays home contact details? Am worried that weve not heard from her...i know someone had them a while ago...
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all. Just a quickie because I'm about to log off for the night. ISOM - I pm'd Maytaurus a couple of days ago and did not hear back from her, so I've emailed her as well. I will let you all know if I hear from her - it is very worrying because it's the longest she has been MIA.

May - if you're reading this, we're all here for you and hope that you are OK.

Night, night, everyone. Sleep well.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business