PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Knit Your Square to Give Your Share - PART 4

Options

Comments

• roamin_in_the_gloamin
    roamin_in_the_gloamin Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 12 July 2010 at 2:13PM
    Options
    I promised myself I would be on here this MORNING well that went right out the window! Made it now tho' just to say hello to everybody, weather here is a bit "heavy" and I think we might be in for some serious rain later on, so I am trying very hard to catch up with loads of jobs that involve electricity before it all goes BANG and OFF.
    Have 10 snowmen to stuff and stitch up so I will go and make a start on them. Hope you're all having a really good day regardless of what you get up to.
    x

KATHY - Have done the spready this week totals on http://yarnsfromabarninfrance.blogspot.com/
    just scroll down to the previous one - hope your back on line soon

or

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AhOgVamMPLdkdEdMMlpDajFHWXJkMnUwc3Mzc3RhM2c&hl=en#gid=0
    The Hooligan Wooligan – age 9¾
    Charity Knitting 2015-
    2xSIBOL butterflies -86x squares
  • psso
    psso Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Options
    Ooooh quiet here today, everyone must be busy, busy.

Been out in the sunshine today, weeding. After being cold and wet and miserable the past few days it was nice to be outside. Got a bit too hot though so had to come in and cool down, can`t stand the heat.

DD had her hospital appt today, didn`t see the head honcho though, just an underling. Couldn`t really understand what he was telling us but anyway she has to have two more scans, different types, before the big cheese decides what to do with her.

Got my blanket finished last night after unpicking the border and stitching it back on again as it looked a bit lopsided, so it`s back to the hats again tonight.

Hope you are all OK, and that Kathy gets back online soon. She`ll be having withdrawal symptoms now, still more time for hooking if she`s not on here.

Bye for now.

Elaine.x
    Fully paid up member of S.A.B.L.E.
    Stash Accumulated Beyond Life Expectancy :D

Charity knitting 2015
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to one and all
    Started the day with a visit to hygienist --- She is lovely but its not my favourite event on the calendar.
    Text from kathy --- she still has no phone or internet and is feeling CROSS!!! What a pain!

Still quietly hooking but send love to all x
    Try and do a good deed every day.
  • Ianna
    Ianna Posts: 581 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all you fantastic knitters :)

I saw this and thought it might interest you if you're looking for a new project. The idea is that people create a memory box to donate to a hospital of their choice for parents that are going through infant loss. It can be full of lots of things, but one thing that is great for parents who have lost a baby is having a blanket that they can wrap their baby in and take home so that they have something that smells of their baby. Parents also love to dress their children in knitted booties and hats so that they can keep their baby nice and warm: handmade booties are so much nicer than mass produced ones, and the old style of it shows how much people care about what they're going through.

I think this is a wonderful project and I'll definitely be taking part. I'll be ringing my local women's hospital and asking if they have a bereavement midwife that I could pass the box onto when it's complete and also if the hospital has any special rules about what can and can't be included. For more information on babyloss see SANDS
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Morning peeps, yeh I made it and its still morning, no doubt I will crash into sleepyness by this afternoon. Tons to do today, so wanted to get on line first then I can just hit the 'LIST'.
    Managed to get the wee scarves done yesterday for the snowmen so that's another job ticked off.

Lovely to see you IANNA, quite a few of the ladies already do knit the SANDS blankets - sending them off via http://www.lovinghands.org.uk/
    Also should mention that SHEZMIT runs http://sites.google.com/site/preemiesuk/
    Loads of information, patterns etc If you have a look at this link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.html?p=25685267&postcount=143

Today it's to be jumper knitting on the machine, must start to stuff the big box - even if it doesn't leave here till December, so I shall go and fish out a suitable pattern - I am starting little and working up to the adult sizes, practice will make it all perfect no doubt.

Hope you all have a really good day, with sunshine in your lives
    Jean
    x
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • In_Search_Of_Me
    In_Search_Of_Me Posts: 10,634 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all! Goodness its quiet here!
    May & psso been thinking of you. May can you just let us know you are ok? Am worried that weve not heard from you in quite a while which is a worry :(
    Have been trying to get my head round the events of last week. I can now say (as I know people have been told) that I will be moving to another team. I dont know which one so will have a new area to work in! I am hoping for children with disabilities but we'll see! I have no idea on timescales of when I start back but know that I wouldnt jsut be able to go back as need a bit of a break and adjust. Its been a mixed year - in some ways the best of my life in terms of positive changes/being looked after but in other ways the worst with all the uncertainty and distress. Will take time to lick wounds and move on.
    Wanted to thank mum for her support and have given her a set of knit pro kneedles (a breath taking amount!) which she loves but has been told NOT to sit on them!!
    Am pottering on with my bell cardi and hope to finish that by w/end. We have booked a massage on Fri so a nice day of chilling there!
    Hope people are ok! How are the French contingent! Chalky will get wool off to you asap!
    Nerd no 109 Long haulers supporters DFW #1! Even in the darkest moments, love and hope are always possible.

• mioliere
    mioliere Posts: 6,838 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone! At last, I'm back! Thanks, Chalky, for keeping everyone informed of my whereabouts!

Well, the phone went off on Friday evening but, of course, I thought it was my Livebox so I fiddled about with that for over an hour, then realised the phone wasn't working. I checked with neighbours on Saturday and the phones were off all over the village and beyond but no-one seemed that bothered. I suppose that's the French for you! Anyway, the phone went back on late this morning but the internet still wasn't working - and that WAS the Livebox, so I had to phone the helpline and a nice young chap called Thomas talked me back on so, until the inevitable next time, here I am!

I haven't caught up with all the posts since Friday so I will do that in a mo. Thanks, Jean, for doing the update - where on earth would I be without you? I'll see if I can add it to my b**g later.

Well, it feels good to be back but, somehow, I really don't trust the connection now and will be forever nervous!

Will call back later.

Hope you are all having a good day - I am, now that I am back online.

KathyXX
    KNIT YOUR SQUARE TOTALS:

Squares: 11, Animal blankets: 2
  • roamin_in_the_gloamin
    Options
    Lovely to see you back Kathy, like you say phones/broadband go off all the time here without any interferance from us! No problems with the update, google docs have made a few changes to their docs site, you will see them when you log in.
    ISOM - so pleased it's nearly all over, just take time to get yourself back into the swing of things.
    x
    Charity Knitting 2015-
  • Pippa.S
    Pippa.S Posts: 2,650 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    :hello: evening all

Been a bit of a mixed bag today, out with Mum for hours this morning. She has lost so much weight nothing fits, so I took her to replace some things.
    She bought blouses, 2 cardies and 2 lovely plain skirts (mock) button front and embroidery on the bottom, she was so pleased with everything.
    We then went into the charity shop and she treated herself to some books. After that it was a visit to the church coffee shop,she has'nt been there before and loved it, but was disappointed she could'nt have a toasted tea cake as she still can't get anything too solid down....sooo I had to eat it ;) and very nice it was too:)
    After that she wanted to get some bits and pieces so I took her to the Co-op and we wandered round in there for a bit.
    Then took her home settled her down with a cup of tea put everything away then came home.
    I forgot to get the Doctors number so rang the sheltered housing officer for it, as I thought Mum would be asleep and I did'nt want to disturb her.....and guess what she was at Tai-chi can you believe!!!

Anyway I rang the Doctor and he had sent the refferal to the consultant at the QE, takes 2-3 weeks so should hear next week, will ring Doc's again if not.

I finally managed to finish the scarf with the yarn Lou sent, its taken me aaaages
    Did a lot on my sisters ripple blanket over the last few days its working out at 4ft6"" wide and 4ft7" long so far, I am hoping make it 5ft6" ish, just see how the wool goes.

Plan for tonight.....nothing....except wooly type things ;)

Sending (((hugs))) for all, hope all the poorlys or with poorly rellies are feeling a bit better now.

Anne
    x

another marathon :o sorry
  • chalky_75
    chalky_75 Posts: 2,491 Forumite
    Options
    Hello to one and all.
    I knew it would happen---- willpower and wool and I don't go the extra mile.
    I have had a plan in my head for a while -- well actually since the Sunshine Bus escapades and the discussuion about whether we needed a quilt or not!! The charity blankets came out of their box and kept us as snug as a bug in a rug.
    So plan is to make 2 blankets-- 1 for DOH and 1 for DD1 'S partner -- they also have a van!
    Well I thought finish Operation Stitch Up first -- but I was walking past the wool shop and the blessed doormat came out and tripped me up. I landed right by the wool!!!!
    So I had to buy all the manly colours I could find as I picked myself up. Link that to the arrival of the 200 squares book and I am lost !!! So now have 3 WIP on the go. Loving it really!!!

Well lots of our friends missing and I hope they are just busy with good things. If not lots of gentle thoughts.

Kathy Lovely to see you back
    ISOM Keep hanging on in there --- surely " the only way is up!!"
    Jean Bet the machine is smokin!
    Ianna How lovely to see you here. Please keep popping in!
    Pippa Hope things continue well with Mum
    psso x for Jayward

Have good evenings everybody
    Try and do a good deed every day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business